Old 12-25-2007, 02:15 AM   #1
Noctuary

Noctuary says hello

Hello. My name is Noctuary. I stumbled here while googling my way through the internet.

I am 36 and am a Laveyan Satanist. As such I am Atheist by belief and live that belief through Satanism. I do not worship the devil or any other deity. That would be traditional Satanism. Modern Satanism are Atheist in belief. (just wanted to be up front and clear that misconception up)

I am a writer (my link takes you to my poetry site)
I love the color pink, eating babies and generally being evil.

And I have a quirky sense of humor because I don't actually eat eat babies. But I want to. I want to put them in a burrito and cover them with hot sauce!

Ok. Enough about me. Any questions, please feel free to ask. Any cookies, please feel free to give me. It's late and I am hungry.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

You sound suitably idiotic to be here.
Shame about the satan bollocks though.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:36 AM   #3
Noctuary

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
You sound suitably idiotic to be here.
Shame about the satan bollocks though.
Thanks. I love how welcoming people can be in an introduction thread. I must have been just a tad special to warrant your lovely welcome.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
ubs
I Live Here

Welcome Noctuary.

So, what is the point of the Satanism if you are an Atheist. Is it like a personal style, like using GTD? Or like Humanism with more dancing?

Explain how that works.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
Noctuary

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Welcome Noctuary.

So, what is the point of the Satanism if you are an Atheist. Is it like a personal style, like using GTD? Or like Humanism with more dancing?

Explain how that works.
Good morning. (seems I have a subscription issue. I unsubscribed yet I got an e-mail. I need to do some more fiddling with my options)

What's the point of being an Atheist if I am a Satanist? Well I was born a non believer. Even though I was raised Catholic, I have never believed in deities. So I had to go find a path that actually fit with that. It started when I was 11, when my father passed away. My mother stopped sending me to Catholic study and I started to question what exactly it is I believed. I found I had none. I mean none in a supreme being et al. After careful searching I found I believed in many (not all because I am not a sheep. Maybe a kitty, but definitely not a sheep) of the ideas of Satanism. I found that after careful study, I fit the technical term of Laveyan Symbolic Satanists. Which means I simply use the idea of Satan to represent what an ideal human would be. That would basically include self responsibility. Knowledge without guilt. Self reliance. Questioning and challenging my own beliefs. Following the law of nature etc. I guess it's more of a philosophical Satanism. The more stripped down adult version. It's kind of complicated. But if I wasn't, I wouldn't be worth much.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #6
Eva
Super Moderator

We are all FSM'ers here. Blessed be His Noodly Appendage.
you don't belong here, Noc! go away!

heehee. just kidding. welcome to our humble forum!

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
Noctuary

mmm....noodles......
Old 12-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
Irreligious
I Live Here

Welcome, Noctuary.

I don't understand what it is about Satanism, as a concept, that appeals to you, but as long as you're not of the opinion that others ought to be similarly enamored of it, you're cool with me. I am, of course, assuming that Satanism, as you practice it, does not involve harming or egregiously converting others to your way of thinking.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
Noctuary

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Welcome, Noctuary.

I don't understand what it is about Satanism, as a concept, that appeals to you, but as long as you're not of the opinion that others ought to be similarly enamored of it, you're cool with me. I am, of course, assuming that Satanism, as you practice it, does not involve harming or egregiously converting others to your way of thinking.
You are correct. I could care less about other people's souls etc. Satanism is not in the business of converting. It doesn't get me anywhere doing so. I am extremely open minded. I kind of have to be. My boyfriend is a Fundamentalist Muslim in Egypt. My open mind has gotten me a wonderful guy.

As for harm?
Well I do bite when poked.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #10
PhilOchsLives

Welcome

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you guys worship nature.

I don't worship anything or anyone, nor do I adhere to any political ideology.

Revolution is not something fixed in ideology, nor is it something fashioned to a particular decade. It is a perpetual process imbedded in the human spirit--Abbie Hoffman.
PhilOchsLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:49 PM   #11
Livingstrong

Welcome to the forum, Noctuary.
You said we could ask questions so I'm gonna go ahead and ask.

Is it true that you guys worship nature? If so, wouldn't that make you more of a Pantheist?
Old 12-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #12
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Noctuary wrote View Post
My boyfriend is a Fundamentalist Muslim in Egypt. My open mind has gotten me a wonderful guy.
A wonderful fundamentalist Muslim? I've never met one of those, but I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
Noctuary wrote
As for harm?
Well I do bite when poked.
Well, we all do that. Those of us with teeth, that is.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #13
Noctuary

Well I don't technically 'worship' anything. Well Trent Reznor when he isn't trying to speak sing on his last album.

I follow natural law. As in I don't think we are anything but another creature on this planet. I go with the flow of things. I am too rowdy to be any kind of nature lover.

And yes, he's a wonderful Muslim. He loves me and respects me. Even though we have different beliefs, we follow and challenge those beliefs in the same way. Of course our love for Marilyn Manson actually brought us together. We met on a Manson forum. We pretty much break all stereotypes of what people think about Muslims/Satanists. I look at my boyfriend with open eyes. He is a med student and is a decent man. And he loves my mother. What more could I ask for?
Old 12-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #14
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Noctuary wrote View Post
And yes, he's a wonderful Muslim. He loves me and respects me. Even though we have different beliefs, we follow and challenge those beliefs in the same way. Of course our love for Marilyn Manson actually brought us together. We met on a Manson forum. We pretty much break all stereotypes of what people think about Muslims/Satanists. I look at my boyfriend with open eyes. He is a med student and is a decent man. And he loves my mother. What more could I ask for?
Mazel Tov, Noctuary. Sincerely.

Your boyfriend certainly challenges my stereotyped notions of a fundamentalist Muslim. I've known Muslims who were into all sorts of secular things that are not typically embraced by Islam, but those Muslims never claimed to be fundamentalists.

As long as your boyfriend respects, loves and accepts you for who you are, more power to you, sister. I won't judge.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #15
Noctuary

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Mazel Tov, Noctuary. Sincerely.

Your boyfriend certainly challenges my stereotyped notions of a fundamentalist Muslim. I've known Muslims who were into all sorts of secular things that are not typically embraced by Islam, but those Muslims never claimed to be fundamentalists.

As long as your boyfriend respects, loves and accepts you for who you are, more power to you, sister. I won't judge.
Thanks. He's definitely Fundamentalist. Of course at first I confused that word with extremist. I also learned a valuable lesson from him. Cultural rule and Islamic rule are very different things. He loves to discuss and debate all sorts of things with people on a logical and reason based level. I wanted to invite him here, but I wanted to test the waters first. He's very nice to people who are rude to him. I, on the other hand, go for blood if he's looked at in a wrong way. Guess it's the Satanist in me

And that I love him dearly