Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Victus I was glad that you found Dr. Freeman's retraction
That's not the paper I cited.

Quote:
ubs wrote
but also glad that you weren't able to offer anything significant against the ten university study and the cal study.
Besides the fact that, statistically, the exit poll-vote count discrepancy can be accounted for by observed partisan exit poll response rate differentials?

Quote:
ubs wrote
Also, I was gratefull that you and Irr pointed out that the programmer during the congressional testimony had a definite party preference, but I don't think that completely exonerated the employers.
A statement which assumes that what he said was true, which is kind of undercut by questioning the witnesses' credibility.

Quote:
ubs wrote
So I guess my opinion is where i started. I feel the 2004 election was hijacked in Florida.
The e-voting is associated with greater gains in vote share for Bush, right?

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #827
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Victus wrote View Post
That's not the paper I cited.
You didn't cite is retraction? I thought that was you.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #828
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
You didn't cite is retraction? I thought that was you.
Not unless I copied the wrong link. The one I (thought!) I was linking to was a paper that takes the observed biases in party-affiliation response rates and adds them into the within-precinct error models, showing that the 'wtf large exit polls can't be off by this much' discrepancies between exit polls and vote counts can actually be accounted for by the fact that the parties' voters responded to exit polls at different rates.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 AM   #829
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

The liberal homos at Saturday Night Live are being mean to former senator Frothy Mix:

Quote:
New Hampshire radio station WGIR asked Santorum on Sunday about the sketch — the former Pennsylvania senator said that while he hadn't yet seen it, he had been "hammered" for his support of conservative principles.

"We’ve been hammered by the left for my standing up for the traditional family and I will continue to do so," Santorum said. "The left, unfortunately, participates in bullying more than the right does. They say that they’re tolerant, and they’re anything but tolerant of people who disagree with them and support traditional values."
(The SNL clip is at the link, but be aware that SNL hasn't been funny since about 1979.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #830
nkb
He who walks among the theists

How great would it be to have Rick Perry as president?

When science contradicts what you believe, say, about climate change, just censor it.

If he gets elected, I can't wait for him to do this on a national scale. Who needs the EPA, anyway?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #831
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Well monkey see, monkey et cetera ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #832
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Hitchens wants Mittens to 'splain himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #833
ubs
I Live Here

Before you click guess who is pumping this position:

REPUBLICANS CAN WIN OVER HISPANICS BY TURNING THEM AGAINST GAY PEOPLE

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #834
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Before you click guess who is pumping this position:

REPUBLICANS CAN WIN OVER HISPANICS BY TURNING THEM AGAINST GAY PEOPLE
Of the candidates? I'll go with either Bachmann of Santorrum....

*checks*

Nice. Well... horrible... but at least I was right.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:03 AM   #835
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I dunno, if that was what Frothy Mix was trying to say, he said it in code-word salad. He is a fidgety motherfucker isn't he?

What's with the podiums? It looks like each candidate is behind (an immigration fence?) barbed wire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #836
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

This exchange is hilarious. I wish we could get these girls in a ring filled with jello.

Catfight!

(Sorry to girls everywhere for that nasty association.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #837
Irreligious
I Live Here

Meow!

Were Mittens and Perry responding to Cooper's question about how the GOP could attract more Hispanic voters when this testy exchange broke out?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #838
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

I would laugh but b/c one of these lunatics is likely to be our next prez, so I just feel nauseated.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #839
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
How great would it be to have Rick Perry as president?

When science contradicts what you believe, say, about climate change, just censor it.

If he gets elected, I can't wait for him to do this on a national scale. Who needs the EPA, anyway?
Yeah, the way things seem to be going...the rethuglicans want to do away w/ the Post Office, the EPA, public education, publicly funded research...if they have their way it looks like Victus' ideal society may be realized here in Merkinland. We'll have corporations running everything, it'll be just great...I keep thinking of Oryx and Crake.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #840
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I've said unkind things about the Disney character and unserious assclown Ron Paul, but his little bit in this exchange was all kinds of awesome:

Would the U.S. negotiate for a soldier as Israel just did?

Quote:
Michele Bachmann said: "This is a very serious issue. For any candidate to say that they would release the prisoners at Guantanamo in exchange for a hostage would be absolutely contrary to the historical nature of the United States and what we do in our policy."
"That's naive. We cannot do that. The United States has done well because we have an absolute policy: we don't negotiate," she said.

Former Senator Rick Santorum said: "Absolutely not, you can't negotiate with terrorists, period."

Libertarian Ron Paul played a bit of devil's advocate, saying: "Are you all willing to condemn Ronald Reagan for exchanging weapons for hostages out of Iran? We all know that was done."

Rick Santorum protested, saying that "Iran was a sovereign country, it was not a terrorist organization. We've negotiated with hostages, depending on the scale. But there's a difference between releasing terrorists from Guantanamo Bay in response to terrorist demands than negotiating with other countries where we may have an interest."

"But they're all suspects, they're not terrorists. You haven't convicted them of anything", replied Paul.
I guess when your chances of winning the nomination are roughly the same as the odds of getting a blumpkin from Queen Elizabeth II, you can afford to spank the ghost of St Ronnie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~