Old 07-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
robMD
New Member!

Why I don't believe in Religion

I am not willing to be very formal about this post, so I will sacrifice lots and lots of grammar integrity for the sake of my laziness.

reasons why I won't to believe in religion

1. science disproves it. (in this case I will talk about medicine, not evolution)
2. the bible translations contain too many errors.
3. because of those errors many (wrong) interpretations are made. that explains why so many denominations are to this date fighting each other and thinking they're the right one.
4. there is no cultural tolerance today or in the bible for other religions and believers.

i will start explaining randomly so please try to keep up with my lack of organization.

#4.

For example, indian people who have been born in india and practiced hinduism since birth feel like their religion is the right one and see other religions as bad (including christianity) obviously some (from any religion) change their beliefs (what they have been thought), but most react this way.

god kills babies, this is not a logical pro-abortion argument but it is an argument towards the never changing character of god. when god ordered the killing of babies, calvinists for example say that we are all evil. ok... then god, who is all powerful and all knowing, should know that this babies if he ordered to kill them was because they were going to grow up to be evil. did they go to heaven or hell? this is the question, because if they went to heaven, they went fairly easy...why? because then we are stuck here, having the chance of losing ourselves for eternity and going to hell, while they went without a scratch. God made and exception and that contradicts his character according to the bible. if they went to hell, then god knowingly created humans to send them to eternal suffering without even giving them a chance. god made an exception with us then. is god Just? many people say he created us so he can do whatever he wants. I won't believe in a god that created humans just so he can send people to hell without even having a chance. others then say that adam and eve had a chance, but we shouldn't have to pay for what they did, it's logically not fair. then about all this we would have to talk about free will. according to calivinists we don't have free will until we get to know god. so then if we can't choose, who chooses for us? god? the devil? sin? if we are unable to choose, then god has to choose us to become his sons. then why doesn't god choose all of us? according to calvinists, god does not choose people according to their heart, he chooses according to his own perfect will. then this means that we have no choosing in what we do, no matter what we want or anything, god simply chooses our destiny. then if we look from the other p.o.v. we see that if we have free will, WE choose then the bible would contradict when saying that we have no merit in loving god. then this would mean that we are indeed good when we are according to the bible not good.

mental illnesses and some genetic and environmental (or even hormonal) conditions that prohibit the illed making a sound decision make impossible for a person to make the right decision about god. then again this will put them in the same position as babies and small children.for example if we talk about people that have klinefelter syndrome (trisomy and chromosome pair 23) we are talking about a human being that does not, I repeat, does not have the fault of having characteristics of a woman and a man mixed. is this perverted? evil? , thanks to the knowledge of medicine we find ourselves with enough medical data to fix the problem, but what about ancient times? was this some sort of demonic possesion? evil bearer? in the case of depression which is chemical, love which is chemical, seeing stuff which is a neurological problem, epilepsy, will we say that this is just evil? or what?

the bible was translated to many languages and transformed through out many years and still hasn't found its way back to the public in the original and true way. this makes people make interpretations based on false information. god doesn't let us have the truth he supposdley wanted us to have.

this is just scratching the surface.
robMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
robMD wrote View Post
i will start explaining randomly so please try to keep up with my lack of organization.
Greetings, I like your lack of style!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
robMD
New Member!

thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
robMD wrote View Post
I am not willing to be very formal about this post, so I will sacrifice lots and lots of grammar integrity for the sake of my laziness.

reasons why I won't to believe in religion

1. science disproves it. (in this case I will talk about medicine, not evolution)
2. the bible translations contain too many errors.
3. because of those errors many (wrong) interpretations are made. that explains why so many denominations are to this date fighting each other and thinking they're the right one.
4. there is no cultural tolerance today or in the bible for other religions and believers.

#4.

For example, indian people who have been born in india and practiced hinduism since birth feel like their religion is the right one and see other religions as bad (including christianity) obviously some (from any religion) change their beliefs (what they have been thought), but most react this way.

god kills babies, this is not a logical pro-abortion argument but it is an argument towards the never changing character of god. when god ordered the killing of babies, calvinists for example say that we are all evil. ok... then god, who is all powerful and all knowing, should know that this babies if he ordered to kill them was because they were going to grow up to be evil. did they go to heaven or hell? this is the question, because if they went to heaven, they went fairly easy...why? because then we are stuck here, having the chance of losing ourselves for eternity and going to hell, while they went without a scratch. God made and exception and that contradicts his character according to the bible. if they went to hell, then god knowingly created humans to send them to eternal suffering without even giving them a chance. god made an exception with us then. is god Just? many people say he created us so he can do whatever he wants. I won't believe in a god that created humans just so he can send people to hell without even having a chance. others then say that adam and eve had a chance, but we shouldn't have to pay for what they did, it's logically not fair. then about all this we would have to talk about free will. according to calivinists we don't have free will until we get to know god. so then if we can't choose, who chooses for us? god? the devil? sin? if we are unable to choose, then god has to choose us to become his sons. then why doesn't god choose all of us? according to calvinists, god does not choose people according to their heart, he chooses according to his own perfect will. then this means that we have no choosing in what we do, no matter what we want or anything, god simply chooses our destiny. then if we look from the other p.o.v. we see that if we have free will, WE choose then the bible would contradict when saying that we have no merit in loving god. then this would mean that we are indeed good when we are according to the bible not good.

mental illnesses and some genetic and environmental (or even hormonal) conditions that prohibit the illed making a sound decision make impossible for a person to make the right decision about god. then again this will put them in the same position as babies and small children.for example if we talk about people that have klinefelter syndrome (trisomy and chromosome pair 23) we are talking about a human being that does not, I repeat, does not have the fault of having characteristics of a woman and a man mixed. is this perverted? evil? , thanks to the knowledge of medicine we find ourselves with enough medical data to fix the problem, but what about ancient times? was this some sort of demonic possesion? evil bearer? in the case of depression which is chemical, love which is chemical, seeing stuff which is a neurological problem, epilepsy, will we say that this is just evil? or what?

the bible was translated to many languages and transformed through out many years and still hasn't found its way back to the public in the original and true way. this makes people make interpretations based on false information. god doesn't let us have the truth he supposdley wanted us to have.

this is just scratching the surface.
True to your promise, your post is difficult to read. You make us do the work that you didn't want to bother with. With some effort, I can bend what you said into a shape that seems to make some sense, but I am not really sure it is as you intended.

Are you in some kind of hurry that prevents you from making simple whole sentences?

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
robMD
New Member!

I have to edit then. I was just randomly free writing and didn't care to fix anything in the way.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
robMD
New Member!

Did you get an idea of my thoughts?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
robMD wrote View Post
Did you get an idea of my thoughts?
Not very well. Only a glimmering that might have made some sense but it was not at all clear. Had I not done the extra work to parse out your words, that is, had I been lazy, your post would have been nothing but dribble on a weak chin.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
Janus VI

I was an atheist but I get to the understanding that even if believe on evolution God is the absolute truth.

Life starting 3 billion years ago the size of a bacteria, and now covers the earth, the main question where evolution is going?

If we said evolution goal is to die we are making a mistake, if we say that life goal is to control the universe, then the almighty is on the future. and if you read Revelation

I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

you can see how the science observations (evolution) match the bible.

If you see the movie Avatar, that is what Jesus tells you about life, you body is just a avatar:

"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."
Janus VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
I was an atheist but I get to the understanding that even if believe on evolution God is the absolute truth.
Care to rework this sentence to something that makes sense?

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
Life starting 3 billion years ago the size of a bacteria, and now covers the earth, the main question where evolution is going?
Where evolution has always been going: no where in particular.

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
If we said evolution goal is to die we are making a mistake, if we say that life goal is to control the universe, then the almighty is on the future. and if you read Revelation
What about if we say that evolution has no goal?

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.
"I am better than that lame god of Abraham" the lord Bob said, "for I existed before even that copy cat existed and I have cheese, which makes me awesomely more almighty."

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
you can see how the science observations (evolution) match the bible.
No I can't, not even in a very abstract interpretation.

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
If you see the movie Avatar, that is what Jesus tells you about life, you body is just a avatar:
I'm not blue.

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."
"I the lord Bob says there is no soul."

I'm gonna have to trust Bob over your god, because he has cheese.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Anus VI wrote View Post
I was an atheist but I got better.

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Merry, merry king of the bush is he
Laugh, Kookaburra! Laugh, Kookaburra!
Gay your life must be

Eating all the gum drops he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
Leave some there for me

Counting all the monkeys he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
That's not a monkey that's me

Kookaburra sits on a rusty nail
Gets a boo-boo in his tail
Cry, Kookaburra! Cry, kookaburra!
Oh how life can be

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #11
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

ESL? Oh, and Anus....funny...

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #12
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

J. Anus the sixth - what happened to the first five?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #13
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post

"I am better than that lame god of Abraham" the lord Bob said, "for I existed before even that copy cat existed and I have cheese, which makes me awesomely more almighty."
I want Bob as my god- I love cheese

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #14
Janus VI

It is important to have strong fundations in our arguments, and the evolution goal it is key to understand the truth.

Quote:
DAVIN say
EVOLUTION goes no where in particular. Evolution has no goal
help me understand this afirmation
If you have two planets one is earth and the anotherone is mars
Which one of those two planets have a suscesfull evolution?

DAVIN answer: ________________________

GHOULSLIME answer (or a nice poem): _________________

LOSTSHEEP answer (or a monologue):_____________________

SMELLYOLDGIT answer: ______________________

PSYCHODIVA answer:______________________
Janus VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:04 AM   #15
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

PROFESSOR CHAOS answer: Null. Shit question. There's no such thing as a "suscesfull evolution" or even a "successful evolution."

Since "evolution" is a word describing a physical process, it doesn't have a goal. It's not a fucking living thing.

Also, please tell me that English is not your first language. Because if it is, I fear evolution may have reversed course.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote