Old 09-10-2007, 06:32 AM   #1
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

The Official Football Thread

Thought we might as well have a thread where we can all brag about our respective teams (unless you're a Browns fan). So, any smack talking, weeping, gnashing of teeth, or booty shaking can be done in the confines of this thread, as not to overly annoy those plebeians who frequent our forum who, for some insane reason, don't follow football.

Go Vikes!

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #2
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote View Post
(unless you're a Browns fan)

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I held no illusions about the Giants this season. I would be ecstatic if they limped in again at 8-8, whether they make the playoffs or not. And I didn't think they'd beat the Lilyboys in Dallas last night.

But fucks sake. They lose their #1 back, their QB (who had a great game), and the defensive end who was supposed to take up the slack for AWOL Strahan (who was AWOL last night, too).

Their "defense" sucks like Linda Lovelace in a sucking contest.
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #4
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
I held no illusions about the Giants this season. I would be ecstatic if they limped in again at 8-8, whether they make the playoffs or not. And I didn't think they'd beat the Lilyboys in Dallas last night.

But fucks sake. They lose their #1 back, their QB (who had a great game), and the defensive end who was supposed to take up the slack for AWOL Strahan (who was AWOL last night, too).

Their "defense" sucks like Linda Lovelace in a sucking contest.
Who the hell is Derrick Ward? I thought Reuben Droughns was Jacobs' backup.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
Noprayersneeded

I may have to get the sports package so I can watch the Browns. I called my mom during the game and she said it was horrible. It's been awhile since I've been excited about football. I never remember the Browns having a very strong offense. What happened to our defense though? IMO our defense is what brought about such a rabid fanbase.

I thought Brady Quinn was supposed to be a pretty decent QB? Why aren't they using him?
Old 09-10-2007, 07:16 AM   #6
Rhinoqulous

Anyone else catch any of the Vikings game? Peterson looks amazing, he could really do something for the team. Though the Vikes still don't have a "go to" receiver, and Jackson is looking pretty sloppy, at least our defense is looking pretty sharp.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Old 09-10-2007, 07:16 AM   #7
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Noprayersneeded wrote View Post
I may have to get the sports package so I can watch the Browns.
You'd actually pay to see them?

Old 09-10-2007, 07:16 AM   #8
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote View Post
Anyone else catch any of the Vikings game? Peterson looks amazing, he could really do something for the team. Though the Vikes still don't have a "go to" receiver, and Jackson is looking pretty sloppy, at least our defense is looking pretty sharp.
In my money league, Adrian Peterson was on my bench, while Cedric Benson was in my lineup.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:19 AM   #9
Rhinoqulous

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
In my money league, Adrian Peterson was on my bench, while Cedric Benson was in my lineup.
Yeah, if you take a peek at our league, I benched Driver because I thought his foot would keep him from performing, and started Hackett, who tallied a total of 7 receiving yards. 7 fucking yards. Time to look at what receivers are available in FA.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #10
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
Who the hell is Derrick Ward? I thought Reuben Droughns was Jacobs' backup.
He's a Jets' castoff, which is all you need to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #11
Chris
Please vote!

FOOTBALL!

Go REDSKINS!

"Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people." ~ Heinrich Heine
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #12
Lily

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
I held no illusions about the Giants this season. ... And I didn't think they'd beat the Lilyboys in Dallas last night.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:52 AM   #13
Eva
Super Moderator

gooooooooooo vikes?

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:26 AM   #14
Rhinoqulous

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
gooooooooooo vikes?
Hell ya! All the way to 8-8!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:29 AM   #15
Eva
Super Moderator

whatever they can do to not embarrass too much us will be welcome....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote