Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #2
clambake
shred

I find the actual tracts have all the required humor already built in.

The Jack T. Chick Museum of Fine Art

edit: Forgot the Haw Haw Haw!

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
Barney

Location: This Jewel sat in a silver sea; England, my England
I remember these in the 1970's. I live in Freaking ENGLAND and the little swines managed to creep some over here. My Mum got me one because I was playing Dungeons and Dragons.

"If you can wait 2000 years for Mr Christ, I can wait 19 years for John Frum" High Preist :- Church of John Frum 1952
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
clambake
shred

Quote:
Barney wrote View Post
I remember these in the 1970's. I live in Freaking ENGLAND and the little swines managed to creep some over here. My Mum got me one because I was playing Dungeons and Dragons.
This one?

It even has a review.

Looks like they've linked more tracts lately, I never did find the one I found as a youth. I don't recall the name but I remember a panel about burning weapons and the Soviets using vehicles made of some sort of compressed laminated wood making them flammable to "fulfill the prophesy". I was fascinated by it for a lot of reasons including surprisingly the artwork.

I was just getting into comic strips at the time, I guess even then I detected the humor behind it all. I was still kind of catholic at this point too though I don't recall ever being serious about it. Hell I didn't even know I was supposed to really believe the body and blood shit, I probably would have jumped ship much sooner if I'd known that.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote