Old 01-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #46
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
What a convoluted use of language, and yet revealing. You write the "simple nobility of conceding". Telling people that surrendering their principles to you is noble? What pretentious nonsense! You fool no one. Further, you are so blinded by the imaginary self evidence of your own beliefs, you interpret disagreement as "attack". No one is attacking you. If they were, you would know because you would see fire and blood and you would hear bones crack.
All you see are arguments digitally entered on a digital display. Seeing that as an attack is nothing but a pile of artificial drama. The last person in my life who had to manufacture drama was a female I knew. We had one date and I was out of there.

Jefferson believed in "the independent search for truth" . It's what he thought was the major social advantage of freedom of religion. Whatever Jefferson said, I have no need to get on any high horse and declare myself the last word in morality. I may disagree with flesh or blood symbolism, but I am not going to presume to tell anyone that their beliefs are superstitions. I am going to speak for one person - me.

I am certainly never going to see philosophical surrender to foul mouthed posers as noble.
Seek professional assistance for your mental issues, Francis! You are obviously a very sick person.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #47
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.

~Thomas Jefferson

And Franny, you ain't it!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 01-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #48
Francis

It is a symptom of the disease of the irrationally certain. Constantly attributing dishonesty, insanity, and/or other afflictions, when all those people ever did was oppose an opinion.

Clearly, if this were the time of Jesus, and these atheists were the Romans, His simple message of Love thy Neighbor would have been seen as the dishonest act of an insane man, justifying all manner of atrocities against Jesus and against his followers.

It is apparent that these atheists cannot abide other opinions. They appear opposed to free expression. They should note their intense intolerance of speech and press freedom.

The late Mr. Hitchens would criticize their conduct. They should reconsider.
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #49
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Francis, do you believe Jesus was the miraculously conceived 'son of god'?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #50
ghoulslime
I Live Here

~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-20-2015, 05:03 PM   #51
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Clearly, if this were the time of Jesus, and these atheists were the Romans, His simple message of Love thy Neighbor would have been seen as the dishonest act of an insane man, justifying all manner of atrocities against Jesus and against his followers.
Straw man fallacy! Dishonesty! Dishonesty! Dishonesty!

~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-20-2015, 05:04 PM   #52
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Jesus! Do you believe Francis was the accidentally-conceived son of a retarded lady?

Old 01-20-2015, 05:29 PM   #53
Francis

Quote:
Dear Creepy-Weird-Old Stinker,

You are apparently referring to the conception without sperm story.

I wasn't there so cannot state for sure, however, based upon the usual way babies are conceived, I doubt it.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:30 PM   #54
Francis

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Jesus! Do you believe Francis was the accidentally-conceived son of a retarded lady?
What you are actually upset about is that who exactly appears retarded is clear to any outside reader of these posts.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:38 PM   #55
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
I wasn't there so cannot state for sure, however, based upon the usual way babies are conceived, I doubt it.
Oh, the highly amusing Ken Ham phallusy! I'll take that as a no.

Now, what about the saving from sin malarky?

If it makes you feel better, me & thee are in agreement so far!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #56
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
It is a symptom of the disease of the irrationally certain. Constantly attributing dishonesty, insanity, and/or other afflictions, when all those people ever did was oppose an opinion.
Oh. So when you said this to me:

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
I am not falling for your wholly dishonest ruse.
Where you accused me of being dishonest because I opposed your opinion, was this an example of your being 'irrationally certain', or is this more a case of "it's only wrong when it's someone else doing it" hypocrasy?

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:43 PM   #57
Francis

Quote:
Oh, the highly amusing Ken Ham phallusy! I'll take that as a no.

Now, what about the saving from sin malarky?

If it makes you feel better, me & thee are in agreement so far!
That we agree on anything is cause for deep reevaluation of my core principles.

Re saving from sin: Mostly an agnostic position. I can see people straining to make sense of Jesus' execution and coming up with the saving from sin story.

Since it involves issues and intentions beyond this world, I can't say for sure. It makes little sense to me, but I am not going to presume anything about God's ways
Old 01-20-2015, 09:44 PM   #58
Francis

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Oh. So when you said this to me:

Where you accused me of being dishonest because I opposed your opinion, was this an example of your being 'irrationally certain', or is this more a case of "it's only wrong when it's someone else doing it" hypocrasy?
Not why I stated you were dishonest.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:55 PM   #59
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Francis, was Jesus a three in one shape shifter or did he only become one after Nicea?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:10 PM   #60
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

If Jefferson completely discarded the OT that means you also have to discard the notion of original sin, right?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote