Old 02-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #241
Davin
Obsessed Member

That's actually better than I would have thought, 3 out of 10 doesn't sound that bad... I guess that shows how bad it is.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #242
nkb
He who walks among the theists

What kind of a website is that?

When I was reading the story you posted, I noticed a recommended link below about a video from 1938 that shows a woman using a cellphone, which makes them ask whether time travel is possible.

Only in America!

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #243
Davin
Obsessed Member

It doesn't look like a cell phone to me. It doesn't even look like she's holding anything. And if time travel were possible, wouldn't she be using a more advanced communication device? Like maybe a super tiny one built into her head.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #244
psychodiva
I Live Here

that's either a clutch bag or a case with her glasses in - or possibly her cigarettes - women tended to carry ciggies around in cases like that back then- some still do

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #245
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Not ignorance..i,e Francis Collins and various ChristPsychosis infected intellectuals. Look at the churches in ChristPsychosis infected America..they keep American Theotarded accepting as true that a Zombie Name JesusChrist ( the TITLE of the sacrificed god Julius Caesar) was crucified & resurrected to save with blood for the SIN committed by a MudMan & ribWoman when they accepted fruit from a talking snake. There is no difference between the Bizarre Metamagical Beliefs ( CREATED in the BRAIN) at ROOT of ALL religions and the Bizarre Metamagical Beliefs at the ROOT of Schizophrenia. NONE.

Religion is simply another name for one of the Schizophrenia where FALSE beliefs are accepted as true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxq9f...ayer_embedded#!

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #246
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
that's either a clutch bag or a case with her glasses in - or possibly her cigarettes - women tended to carry ciggies around in cases like that back then- some still do
I'm not sure that she's even holding anything at all, but in the 60's people had radios like this:

And people would hold them up to their ears to listen to them, much like one would with a cell phone.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #247
psychodiva
I Live Here

makes me feel old- I remember them

Old 02-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #248
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Ahem! That classic web traffic attractor certainly worked on all off us.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #249
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
It doesn't look like a cell phone to me. It doesn't even look like she's holding anything. And if time travel were possible, wouldn't she be using a more advanced communication device? Like maybe a super tiny one built into her head.
Let's ignore the fact that it doesn't even look like a cell phone. What if it is one? How would she be using it? Unless their argument is that she beamed in from the future, and brought cell towers and an advanced network with her in her purse, what good would a cell phone do in the 1940s (or whatever time that was supposed to be).

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #250
Davin
Obsessed Member

She could just be using the wifi.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #251
psychodiva
I Live Here

maybe talk to the mothership?

Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #252
Davin
Obsessed Member

Because Fox News is too liberal: One America News

Old 06-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #253
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #254
psychodiva
I Live Here

what the ever-loving fuckity fuck is THAT????????

Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #255
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
what the ever-loving fuckity fuck is THAT????????
It is simply an expression of ChristPsychosis due to sensory Gating deficits. it happens in faulty pulvinar nuclei...Defective (disease or trauma) neural array can only produced defective distorted thoughts. Religion is simply another name for schizophrenia ( there are many)
Churches in America the Crazy make sure Brains are kept, theotarded, deluded, ignorant, intolerant, stuck in the 12th Century..

This Christianized Sol Invictus cult statue was build in ChristPsychosis infected Memphis Tennessee by "World Overcomers Outreach Ministries Church"

Isn't this Zombie God Schizophrenia like disease grand? Where have you been Mars?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deepfriedkudzu/8146543919/

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote