Old 01-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #16
mmfwmc

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
they're also very very smart in their own way~ Rudy Giuliani aide John Deady
Does that bother anyone else? I mean, some of them are smart, some aren't. They don't have the funding to enter the DARPA challenge, but that just changes where the smart ones direct their resources.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #17
PhilOchsLives

I think that it can be safely argued that xianity was behind the current insanity of the invasion of Iraq. It's also been stated by reliable sources that this invasion has resulted in the slaughter of over one million Iraqis. I'm not sure how many people the crazed islamist bombers have gotten, but I feel certain it's far less than the one million killed who can be placed at the feet of that retarded xian motherfucker Bush.

Revolution is not something fixed in ideology, nor is it something fashioned to a particular decade. It is a perpetual process imbedded in the human spirit--Abbie Hoffman.
PhilOchsLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #18
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
PhilOchsLives wrote View Post
I think that it can be safely argued that xianity was behind the current insanity of the invasion of Iraq. It's also been stated by reliable sources that this invasion has resulted in the slaughter of over one million Iraqis. I'm not sure how many people the crazed islamist bombers have gotten, but I feel certain it's far less than the one million killed who can be placed at the feet of that retarded xian motherfucker Bush.
Of course! Christ-psychosis is the most virulent strain of the religious-psychosis anomaly. Even the most violent genocide committed by any religious psychosis infected culture pales in comparison to Christian induced piety been able to be called a religion of peace!. Alas, with the "peace" of Christianity who needs hellish psychopathy!
Those who do not know the past are condemned to repeat it...and Christ-psychotics have no idea what PAST means.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:42 AM   #19
skribb

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote View Post
There is NO PEACE in any religion as there is no peace in a schizophrenia infected mind.
That ain't true though. You forget satanism and many forms of buddhism, etc. Buddhism especially. Or have I misconceived your post?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:09 AM   #20
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Get ready for the next round of tolerance and rational behaviour. The Dutch don't take no shit. (Even though the MP is an arsehole)

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #21
Eva
Super Moderator

"Mr Wilders says his film will show the Koran as an inspiration for murder."

"The council appealed to Mr Wilders' supporters to consider the consequences of his film after it was released."
"Mr Wilders said the Dutch authorities had let him know that he may have to leave the country for his own safety."

oh the irony.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #22
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

A brief reminder of this religion's credentials:-

A few more dozen grieving families for allah to demonstrate his compassion.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #23
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Nothing confirmed yet - but place yer bets on who's likely to be behind this latest round of peaceful activity;

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #24
Tenspace
I Live Here

Umm.... Salman Rushdie?

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #25
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #26
BOF

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
I don't think smelly did that (unless he let one rip after a very dodgy curry)

--and lit it.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #27
BOF

In my opinion,terrorism is a political not a religious act. OK,perhaps for the nutjobs who blow themselves [and often co-religionists] themselves up,but not for the planners,who always have a long term political objective..

Terrorism ALWAYS works on the first level;viz to create terror.It's arguably the most effective weapon the weak have against the strong and the strong to control entire populations; (Hitler,Stalin Pol Pot etc etc).

EVIL? I think so,but I also think terrorism is a legitimate weapon of war,because there can be no so such thing as an illegitimate act in what is in itself evil.viz;war.

The invasion of Iraq had nothing to do with Christianity. The motives were and remain political and economic.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #28
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Agreed BOF. If they are operating in a democracy say, the only title they should have is criminals. On the other hand, if Britain had been assimilated into the German empire, there would have been a lot of legitimate British terrorists. I can't see any difference between a suicide bomb & a cruise missile, you just have to pick a side & justify the actions. I always respect those who are honest about their motivation, however much I disagree with them.

Steal the oil if you have to, wipe out any objectors if you have to, but don't fuckin attempt to pull the wool over my eyes, I can't stand that.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #29
BOF

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post

Steal the oil if you have to, wipe out any objectors if you have to, but don't fuckin attempt to pull the wool over my eyes, I can't stand that.

It's what I expect politicians to try to do.

In this country people tend to view most politicians with suspicion at best, with open contempt at worst.

My overall view is that politics does not usually attract the best and brightest,nor the unselfish,those of high principle, morality or ethics.Of course there are odd exception such as Jimmy Carter---and they ate him alive.*

As a profession,politics has two and only two principles;"The ends justifies the means" and The Eleventh Commandment;"Thou shalt not get caught"'-broken by Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton.

*Do I think Obama is one of the exceptions? Other than seeming pretty bright,not for a second.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #30
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
BOF wrote View Post

My overall view is that politics does not usually attract the best and brightest,nor the unselfish,those of high principle, morality or ethics.Of course there are odd exception such as Jimmy Carter---and they ate him alive.*
Is it the job of politicians who agree with me, to just do the best they can, or to make correct unelectable statements?
The stupid lifetime high standards expected, excludes anyone who has lived.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote