Old 04-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
Tenspace
I Live Here

Better get to the store and stock up on tinfoil and duct tape. The world's gonna end next month:

Comet Collision on May 26th?

The home page for these "scientists" can be found here: Exopolitics Institute

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
Facehammer

Aw, not again.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Oh, thank the heaven's!! I don't have drag the summer wardrobe down from the attic, nor take all these sweaters to the cleaners! Yay!!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
CavKiller37

At least we won't have to pay high summer gas prices.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

You only have to read a paragraph in to realize how ridiculous this is:

Quote:
According to Julien, this is the same year that a crop circle appeared showing the inner solar system with the Earth missing from its orbit. He argues the "Missing Earth" crop circle was a message from higher intelligences warning humanity of the consequences of its destructive nuclear policies. He links this crop circle to May 25, 2006, and identifies the comet Schwassmann-Wachman as the subject of higher intelligence communications.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #6
Realityhack

They actualy let this nut job fly fighter jets... now THATS scarry.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:27 PM   #7
antix
Obsessed Member

May 26th is just no good. The comet will have to reschedule. I'm busy that day.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:48 PM   #8
Sigma

Not to mention my birthday is 3 days before that. Can't the comet come back after I have had a chance to get drunk and gorge on cake.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:27 PM   #9
Rat Bastard

Quote:
DJ KAPUT wrote
Not to mention my birthday is 3 days before that. Can't the comet come back after I have had a chance to get drunk and gorge on cake.
Do both simultaneously! Rum cake! Really soggy rum cake. More likely to happen than putting tin foil on....well, anyway, have a happy b-day, even if we can't tip a few in person.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #10
snap crafter

Quote:
DJ KAPUT wrote
Three days isn't long enough?!?!?! How long does it take you black people to party :P
Old 04-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #11
Rat Bastard

Quote:
snap crafter wrote
Quote:
DJ KAPUT wrote
Three days isn't long enough?!?!?! How long does it take you black people to party :P
I dunno...I've spent more days than that in a row, plastered.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #12
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Hmm...another Christ-psychotic, like Doe applegate of HEaven's Gate, that is infatuated with comets!...and nobody take those nuts and place them in mental health clinics where they can be help?....unglaublich...:cool:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #13
snap crafter

Quote:
logarithm wrote
Quote:
snap crafter wrote
Quote:
DJ KAPUT wrote
I dunno...I've spent more days than that in a row, plastered.
But how would you know how long you actually spent plastered if you were indeed plastered?
Old 04-20-2006, 07:42 PM   #14
Silentknight

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Hmm...another Christ-psychotic, like Doe applegate of HEaven's Gate, that is infatuated with comets!...and nobody take those nuts and place them in mental health clinics where they can be help?....unglaublich...:cool:
Well they can mass suicide if they want, just so long as they leave the rest of us the hell alone.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:31 AM   #15
a different tim
Obsessed Member

Tinfoil hats won't help you, Ten.....

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat-catching, and will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family"
a different tim is offline   Reply With Quote