Old 11-05-2006, 09:52 PM   #46
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

great pictures. Typically Roman.....:)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:58 PM   #47
leguru

On tipping, the IRS witholds from waiters and waitress salaries their time plus 15% as a basis for taxing. Seems many were not declaring their tips on the 1040s. As for charities, if you give a man a fish, he will eat for one day. It you teach him how to fish, he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. Seriously, compassion can be practiced in many fashions. Try volunteering to visit an elderly person who has no family, volunteering in a hospital, encouraging people to become responsible for their own actions and helping them to change thier condition for the better. They forbid us to feed pidgeons in some areas for fear of producing a dependent population of pidgeons. Just throwing money at a problem seldom solves that problem. Look for other ways to be charitable. It's especially good to tip the massuese heavily. :D
Old 11-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #48
Irreligious
I Live Here

Those are terrific photos, Homocyclist. I'd love to share some of mine, but can't figure out how to add an image to my post.

It looks like you might have stayed in the same hotel I did in Taxco, unless they all pretty much look alike. The one I stayed in was a former convent.:lol: It was beautiful, especially the courtyard.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:16 AM   #49
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
leguru wrote
On tipping, the IRS witholds from waiters and waitress salaries their time plus 15% as a basis for taxing. Seems many were not declaring their tips on the 1040s. As for charities, if you give a man a fish, he will eat for one day. It you teach him how to fish, he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. Seriously, compassion can be practiced in many fashions. Try volunteering to visit an elderly person who has no family, volunteering in a hospital, encouraging people to become responsible for their own actions and helping them to change thier condition for the better. They forbid us to feed pidgeons in some areas for fear of producing a dependent population of pidgeons. Just throwing money at a problem seldom solves that problem. Look for other ways to be charitable. It's especially good to tip the massuese heavily. :D
We need to keep in mind the differences between charity, empathy, generosity and artificial guilt.
I think that charity and guilt imposed on us from others (typically theists) are pretty hollow reasons for giving or volunteering if there is not a strong foundation of either empathy or generosity to support them. The reason for this distinction is that charity and guilt are social inventions inculcated in a person while empathy and generosity develop naturally.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #50
Livingstrong

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Neat pics, thanks.
Thanks Stern.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #51
Livingstrong

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
great pictures. Typically Roman.....:)
Ahhhh....yup, so relaxing and quiet....
Old 11-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #52
Livingstrong

Quote:
leguru wrote
It's especially good to tip the massuese heavily. :D
Specially if the masseuse is a sexy girl. ;)
Old 11-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #53
Livingstrong

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
Those are terrific photos, Homocyclist. I'd love to share some of mine, but can't figure out how to add an image to my post.

It looks like you might have stayed in the same hotel I did in Taxco, unless they all pretty much look alike. The one I stayed in was a former convent.:lol: It was beautiful, especially the courtyard.
Here is how you do it:

You have to go to http://photobucket.com/ upload your pictures, photos or images that you have stored in your computer. Once you've done that, then copy the [IMG] tag they provide you with and paste it in your post. The picture will display.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #54
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
leguru wrote
It's especially good to tip the massuese heavily. :D
especially if you like happy endings.....

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:55 PM   #55
Irreligious
I Live Here

Thanks, Homocyclist! These are a few of my images from Taxco:
This is from the rooftop of the hotel we stayed in. The door there leads right to our little room.

I don't remember exactly where I was in Taxco when I took this shot, but I couldn't resist capturing it for posterity.

This shot is a view of the city from the rooftop of our hotel, a former convent (I still get a kick out of that).:)

This is the courtyard. Isn't it gorgeous?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #56
Livingstrong

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
Thanks, Homocyclist! These are a few of my images from Taxco:
This is from the rooftop of the hotel we stayed in. The door there leads right to our little room.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...ler/Taxco3.gif

I don't remember exactly where I was in Taxco when I took this shot, but I couldn't resist capturing it for posterity.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...ler/Taxco2.gif

This shot is a view of the city from the rooftop of our hotel, a former convent (I still get a kick out of that).:)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...ler/Taxco1.gif

This is the courtyard. Isn't it gorgeous?
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r.../Courtyard.gif
Wow, wow, wow, man, those pictures are simply fantastic!!!!

Thanks for sharing them with us.

The courtyard is just lovely. :heart: