Old 04-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #31
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Quote:
Cow wrote
Kate: As long as I am giving advice-- may I suggest that you get a better class of bitch?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #32
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
Waddlie wrote
Is this also connected to the somewhat random post from Chris about people being careful with their personal information? Hannah, Lily probably saw that people were being mean to you and was scouting you out to see if you might become an ally. She's an unpleasant vindictive bitch and is best left to her own devices...
I guess it is true that no good deed goes unpunished. I did not write to H because I need allies (what on earth for?) I wrote to H when I saw this: http://ravingatheists.com/forum/view...218932#p218932

It is none of my business at all; EMR is right about that. But if H has in-laws vindictive enough to uninvite her to family functions (that, by the way, is an example of vindictive-- when people do mean things to you to hurt you. You will be hard put to find anyone here who can support your charge of vindictiveness againist me) and if she is getting grief from co-workers about her writing on an atheist forum, then using her real name and giving out certain bits of personal information, as she has here, could present a very big problem, especially if the divorce becomes nasty.

If H were older and, thus, more experienced, I wouldn't have bothered to let her situation worry me.

But what can one say in your defense? What sort of creature makes asinine, ugly statements about another person for no obvious reason? There is really something ugly and small-minded about you that baffles me. And to think, I actually felt a little bit sorry for you when I saw that the Pit Yorkie has been snapping at your heels. No longer. You and the whipperSnapper deserve each other.

Kate: As long as I am giving advice-- may I suggest that you get a better class of bitch?
Re you writing to Hannah, I'll stand corrected, apologise and concede my point.

Re "my defense" - I'd say a fair proportion of your 1926 posts are reason enough to warrant the asinine, ugly statements made in your direction...

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #33
hannahasbury1

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
Waddlie wrote
Is this also connected to the somewhat random post from Chris about people being careful with their personal information? Hannah, Lily probably saw that people were being mean to you and was scouting you out to see if you might become an ally. She's an unpleasant vindictive bitch and is best left to her own devices...
I guess it is true that no good deed goes unpunished. I did not write to H because I need allies (what on earth for?) I wrote to H when I saw this: http://ravingatheists.com/forum/view...218932#p218932

It is none of my business at all; EMR is right about that. But if H has in-laws vindictive enough to uninvite her to family functions (that, by the way, is an example of vindictive-- when people do mean things to you to hurt you. You will be hard put to find anyone here who can support your charge of vindictiveness againist me) and if she is getting grief from co-workers about her writing on an atheist forum, then using her real name and giving out certain bits of personal information, as she has here, could present a very big problem, especially if the divorce becomes nasty.

If H were older and, thus, more experienced, I wouldn't have bothered to let her situation worry me.

But what can one say in your defense? What sort of creature makes asinine, ugly statements about another person for no obvious reason? There is really something ugly and small-minded about you that baffles me. And to think, I actually felt a little bit sorry for you when I saw that the Pit Yorkie has been snapping at your heels. No longer. You and the whipperSnapper deserve each other.

I have no problems with Lily, to be completely honest. And I don't think that she was trying to "convert" me or recruit me. Like I said, I don't feel as worried about who reads my posts anymore. BUT, Lily, thanks for briefly caring.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:10 PM   #34
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Hannah,
You don't have a problem with Lily because you haven't tried to engage her in debate.

Even in her explanation as to why she warned you, she can't help but be patronizing and condescending:
Quote:
Lily wrote
Because, you know, Lily, with her 25+ years of reading fiction, is the expert on everything, because she is older than most of us.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:17 PM   #35
snap crafter

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
Waddlie wrote

Oh dear god, Lily agrees with me!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #36
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

What, you think we deserve each other too? Now that's fucked up...

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #37
snap crafter

Quote:
Waddlie wrote
What, you think we deserve each other too? Now that's fucked up...
You can't find better than this poopdeck, you aborted child.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #38
hannahasbury1

Quote:
nkb wrote
Hannah,
You don't have a problem with Lily because you haven't tried to engage her in debate.

Even in her explanation as to why she warned you, she can't help but be patronizing and condescending:
Quote:
Lily wrote
Because, you know, Lily, with her 25+ years of reading fiction, is the expert on everything, because she is older than most of us.
She does sound like my mother-in-law.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:28 PM   #39
Lily

Quote:
nkb wrote
Hannah,

Quote:
Lily wrote
I am nearly old enough to be H's grandmother, so yeah, someone who just turned 21 does seem young to me. What a heartless, condescending bitch I am. :rolleyes:

You can't help yourself, can you? Shit-stirring is an art you have conquered. Try to develop another hobby, why don't you? You sure couldn't hold your own in the one "serious" conversation I indulged you with. Maybe you could work on that.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #40
hannahasbury1

Lily, will you be my adopted grandma and buy me things for my birthday?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:37 PM   #41
snap crafter

Quote:
hannahasbury1 wrote
Lily, will you be my adopted grandma and buy me things for my birthday?
Lily, will you be my adopted grandmother and spank me when I'm bad?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #42
hannahasbury1

I asked first!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:51 PM   #43
snap crafter

Quote:
hannahasbury1 wrote
I asked first!
They're not mutually exclusive!
Old 04-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #44
Eva
Super Moderator

snap, she'll probably hand you over to her priest for your second request....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #45
Eva
Super Moderator

lily, leave kate alone.

moo.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote