Old 05-15-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
Interested Atheist

Has this been posted yet? I loved it!

http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchiv...mpsons_an.html

Watch online as Lisa and Marge demolish the cretinists!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
RenaissanceMan

I saw that on Fox! last night. I almost DIED laughing. I LOVED the cross gender treatment of "My fair lady" using Grounds keeper Willy. Best part? When he pencils in "Boink slut" on tuesday for his date with Miss Crabaple.

And of course... the dissing of Creationism in general was a howler.

I love Fox. WHO ELSE has the balls to put this on the air?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
NastraThomas

FOX is an interesting creature. Irreverent, non-"family friendly" television on their main network and conservative programming that is the antithesis of what's put on their terrestrial station.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:34 PM   #4
brad89

My friends told me about that episode today. Of course, they found it funny, but they agreed with the teaching of Creationism. I told them "the day the church has a say in science is the death of science." They just went silent, and said that it was bullshit that they have to learn evolution EVEN THOUGH IT'S WRONG. And I quote "Yeah, even though its wrong, we STILL have to learn it." I was pissed.

Anybody ever seen Moral Orel? That is a good show, a parady on "Davy and Goliath", the claymation church show. But there's no talking dog. Funny none-the-less!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:18 PM   #5
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
brad89 wrote
They just went silent, and said that it was bullshit that they have to learn evolution EVEN THOUGH IT'S WRONG.
It boggle the mind that anyone could still consider the subject debatable. The evidence speaks for itself:

EVOLUTION CREATIONISM

Has been observed
Published in journals
Peer-reviewed
Published in books Written about in a book 2446 years ago
Makes sense
Expains reality

Evolution is an accurate reflection of reality; creationism is a fairy tale. Case closed.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:52 AM   #6
CavKiller37

I've compiled a thorough refutation of your points mr. fuchs:

Has been observed: The devil has corrupted your senses making you blind to the light of jeebus
Published in journals: Published in the bible
Peer-reviewed: By a bunch of "scientists" with fancy "degrees"
Published in books: There is only 1 book of truth
Makes sense: A bunch of Amoebas couldn't have created the world
Explains reality: Who are we to determine what reality is when faced with the glory of jeebus?
Old 05-16-2006, 05:55 AM   #7
CavKiller37

Ewwww. I feel dirty now. I suddenly have a desire to burn my clothes and bathe in bleach...
Old 05-16-2006, 08:40 AM   #8
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Need a fluffy towel?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:35 AM   #9
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote
Quote:
brad89 wrote
They just went silent, and said that it was bullshit that they have to learn evolution EVEN THOUGH IT'S WRONG.
It boggle the mind that anyone could still consider the subject debatable. The evidence speaks for itself:

EVOLUTION CREATIONISM

Has been observed
Published in journals
Peer-reviewed
Published in books Written about in a book 2446 years ago
Makes sense
Expains reality

Evolution is an accurate reflection of reality; creationism is a fairy tale. Case closed.
If you show the Lord of the Rings to the patients of ANY mental institution in the US, they WILL SEE IT as a reflection of the truth! This is the reason they are there.

Exactly the samething happens in a brain infected with Christ-psychosis. This is the reason the Babble is accepted as a reflection of reality by some people. Those folks are obviously not well and unfortunatelly they are about 80% of Americans!. An schizophrenia infected brain accepts delusions and absurd irrational concepts as the truth, as those under religious beliefs.....:)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #10
skribb

So, what did this clip "prove", what did it "tell us"? Nothing. The Simpsons is still a pro-religion show.

Or did you just want to show us this clip for the sake of showing?