Old 01-08-2015, 08:15 AM   #226
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Whose position, yours or mine, is weak, is a matter of dispute. Which side is the one with bad manners is not only in dispute, but is obvious to anyone who reads one page of any thread.

For your further reference, I have debated many times with fundamentalist Christians about their fallacious view of history. With reference to humility, I believe it gives me strength, because I have not been too self centered or proud to adjust my position when faced with a compelling fact or argument.

Too many religious people believe what they do for emotional reasons. Most prominent among these reasons is that they see their faith as grounds to feel superior to their fellow beings. I see that on this forum running amok.
In history, such superiority thinking has been a blight on the world, and has been at the root of atrocity after atrocity. Speaking out against it is more important than worrying about imaginary hurt feelings.
I'm not talking about having debates with your brethren, I'm asking would you walk into a gathering of another religious group and preach to them.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:27 AM   #227
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Thomas Jefferson christians must be a branch of the theist religion, you know like Jesuits, Quakers, Muslims and such. Right?

Old 01-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #228
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

I am really appreciating this intellectual dialogue with Francis from the raving atheists.
What excellent points you've all made.

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:38 AM   #229
Francis

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Francis - prove you didn't become delusional after your head injury! In case of dispute, prove you didn't have a head injury.
Prove you aren't inhumanly weird and then we'll talk
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:50 AM   #230
Davin
Obsessed Member

Maybe Francis is hoping to have a show that covers all his characters hilarious hijinks among an atheist forum. Something like "Nutbag and the Atheists," that will be filmed before a live studio audience. His catch phrase can be, "atheism is a religion," that the audience laughs at every time he says it because the "character" of Francis isn't aware that the statement is an oxymoron. And whenever anyone tries point out the nutbags errors in reasoning, the Francis character will put its fingers in its ears and throw a toddler fit saying, "no one is saying anything to counter my arguments" which of course could be another of the characters catch phrases.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #231
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Prove you aren't inhumanly weird and then we'll talk
First prove you are not delusional.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #232
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
The laughter goes both ways. Americans find it backward to still have a monarchy, especially one where the monarch is the chief pope of the Anglican religion. Further, I can hardly imagine more destructive stories to tell little girls than those about princes, princesses and the wholly fictional happily ever after. One wonders just how many millions of divorces were caused by those backward fairy tales.

In any case, there is an approximate 0.0000001% chance of any regular on this forum ever taking power in this country. He or she would be laughed out of any room. I'll stick with my country and its freedoms of speech and religion. I'll also try to remember that any child, including one from an African background, can grow up to be the president.

You will have to stick with your queen and your lords and your other manifestations of privilege and unearned wealth
This is definitely from someone who doesn't understand us Brits, has little knowledge of the world outside his own backyard and cannot see the mote in their own eye.

Love the way that the only attack he can think of is one that doesn't actually touch the majority of our citizenry who don't give a fuck about the so-called Church of England which is crumbling into obscurity while churches of all ilks thrive and prosper in his own country.

He assumes we actually care about the inbred idiots in Buckingham palace - we all know they are a tourist attraction - funnily enough largely to people from the USA who appear to love them more than we ever will and definitely loved that idiot Diana more than us!- you've probably never ventured further than the state line like most north Americans and I doubt you even have a passport.

No idea where this idiocy about fairy stories comes from- most of those are European not British and if you actually analyse them properly they contain powerful female characters - but that would be a little above your level I think and maybe you should stick to Disney instead of the real thing.

And seriously - anyone from the USA who still insists it is a land of free speech and freedom is just delusional- it never was and never will be.

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #233
Francis

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
This is definitely from someone who doesn't understand us Brits, has little knowledge of the world outside his own backyard and cannot see the mote in their own eye.

Love the way that the only attack he can think of is one that doesn't actually touch the majority of our citizenry who don't give a fuck about the so-called Church of England which is crumbling into obscurity while churches of all ilks thrive and prosper in his own country.

He assumes we actually care about the inbred idiots in Buckingham palace - we all know they are a tourist attraction - funnily enough largely to people from the USA who appear to love them more than we ever will and definitely loved that idiot Diana more than us!- you've probably never ventured further than the state line like most north Americans and I doubt you even have a passport.

No idea where this idiocy about fairy stories comes from- most of those are European not British and if you actually analyse them properly they contain powerful female characters - but that would be a little above your level I think and maybe you should stick to Disney instead of the real thing.

And seriously - anyone from the USA who still insists it is a land of free speech and freedom is just delusional- it never was and never will be.
We do live in an imperfect country. That status is, and always has been a universal one, UK included.

Clearly, backward stories about princes and princesses come from those nations who actually have princes and princesses. Unless you missed that class in comparative government, that includes your country and excludes mine.

The people of the UK don't care about the inbred monarchs? They have a funny way of showing this disinterest with the yearly and massive appropriations of money to them - which means, collapsing into obscurity or not, your taxes go to support the Anglican church. That is not a situation that exists in this country. And let's not ignore the nitwits in the House of Lords and the privileged class they represent.

Europeans, UK included, have always had a superiority complex when it comes to Americans. Americans have always enjoyed being underestimated. The Japanese did. The Germans did several times. The Soviets did. The English apparently still do. Amazing how many in these nations, like you for instance, ignore what actually happened in history, in favor of some genetic myth.

People often latch onto a philosophy from which they can argue their genetic superiority, to their detriment.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:36 PM   #234
Francis

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Thomas Jefferson christians must be a branch of the theist religion, you know like Jesuits, Quakers, Muslims and such. Right?
Not how I would put it, but if you want to show it to be so, describe a framework it fits into.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #235
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
The people of the UK don't care about the inbred monarchs? They have a funny way of showing this disinterest with the yearly and massive appropriations of money to them - which means, collapsing into obscurity or not, your taxes go to support the Anglican church. That is not a situation that exists in this country. And let's not ignore the nitwits in the House of Lords and the privileged class they represent.
It's obviously painful, but I have little problem agreeing publically with the The Shitlord on a few of his points.
No doubt he's already researched and dug my opinions from the bowels of the forum:

The House of Lords,
The Monarchy,
Anglicans.

He'll also be aware of the efforts of the National Secular Society & The British Humanist Association's lobbying to get the religion based horseshit out of government. Perhaps the fucking wankers need to spruce up their language somewhat.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:33 PM   #236
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Not how I would put it, but if you want to show it to be so, describe a framework it fits into.
Let's play dodge, deflect & avoid again shall we? I'd be undewhelmed to see how The Supreme Shitlord would put it.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #237
Francis

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Let's play dodge, deflect & avoid again shall we? I'd be undewhelmed to see how The Supreme Shitlord would put it.
You know, constantly referring to feces plus having in your chosen name "smelly" and "old", will make people only talk to you if they are standing by an open window in a steady wind
Old 01-09-2015, 06:36 AM   #238
Davin
Obsessed Member

Francis has conceded on all points brought against its arguments, now it just pretends that no one said anything. Since Francis has stopped even pretending to have a discussion, I wonder how much longer the anencephalic will last. It's really no different than most other theist idiots. Same thing over an over.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:29 AM   #239
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Francis, do proponents of the theism religion believe in a literal understanding of scripture?

Old 01-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #240
Francis

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Francis, do proponents of the theism religion believe in a literal understanding of scripture?
Since none of you has yet described or defined what this "theism religion" is, who can say? I know that I do not believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible, so if that is a part of the religion, I am not one of them.