Old 02-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
dstallma

I Told

I told the new kid at work that I am an atheist. She was startled. She had never met an atheist (as far as she knows). Then she told me her cousin just met an atheist recently as well.
I did not tell her the guy (still in closet) in the next cube is also an atheist. We are more numerous than most people know.

When in doubt, C4. Jamie Hyneman
Number of Atheists JJ has converted counter: 0
dstallma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #2
Davin
Obsessed Member

Not too numerous. At least not in the States. Well, I guess that depends on what one means by numerous. Straight up atheists are about 5% (if you lump in self identified agnostics), non-religious is about 10%... which means about 1 in 20 people a person meets will be an atheist and 1 in 10 will be secular. Still a minority, but probably more common than most people think.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:11 PM   #3
dstallma

So tell me about JJ.
I noticed that his reply was removed.
He did not sound very pleasant.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #4
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

He's the current forum trolling idiot, only out to stir shit, poke the wasp's nest and get on most people's tits. Nothing gets removed - simply moved into the troll dump to avoid having to see his nonsense spread across multiple threads. Like Catholic priests, he preys on newcomers to the fold hoping to get a nibble. Unfortunately, some folk haven't grasped the concept of ignoring this type of fucker - but it's little trouble to sweep up their shit from time to time.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:13 PM   #5
dstallma

I am familiar with the type.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:25 PM   #6
dstallma

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
He's the current forum trolling idiot, only out to stir shit, poke the wasp's nest and get on most people's tits. Nothing gets removed - simply moved into the troll dump to avoid having to see his nonsense spread across multiple threads. Like Catholic priests, he preys on newcomers to the fold hoping to get a nibble. Unfortunately, some folk haven't grasped the concept of ignoring this type of fucker - but it's little trouble to sweep up their shit from time to time.
You were correct. I find him very offensive and will ignore him. Though I will admit some trolls can be amusing if they stay polite.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:38 AM   #7
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dstallma wrote View Post
You were correct. I find him very offensive and will ignore him. Though I will admit some trolls can be amusing if they stay polite.

Ah.......and I thought we'd be good friends......

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote