Old 10-31-2013, 01:33 AM   #526
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
So you don't believe there would be life on other planets? That seems a bit short-sighted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2013/s3849951.htm
I must admit a concession from you was not expected at all.

Well done for finally coming to the conclusion that I pointed you to.

Tell me again how genetics has nothing to do with race, I loved that bit.

meh
selliedjoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:15 AM   #527
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
Really? Wow, back we go.

You're welcome to not believe in god(s) just portraying it as the only logical/objective position is dishonest. Your lack of belief tries to dodge any burden.
No, no it doesn't..it just means we do not believe in a God or Gods. As for the logical part, where is the logic in believing in unfounded, unprovable claims? I am more than interested in finding out how we got here, the possibilities of multiverses etc etc. This doesn't mean that I am open to all horse shite to fill in the gaps.....unlike someone else here!! BELL END!

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:16 AM   #528
Michael
Obsessed Member

http://www.calacademy.org/exhibits/x...lar_system.php

Quote:
Even if only one in ten thousand stars in our Universe offer a habitable world, and even if the chances of life arising on such a world are about the same as winning the California lottery (roughly, one in two hundred million), our Universe would still host about 10 billion inhabited worlds.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #529
Node18

michael dont just ignore jerrys marvelous arguments - he might leave... and then think we give a fuck!

I hear Bovina gives incredibly good blowjobs. What do you think Choobus?
anyone who can swallow the catholic turdology with such enthusiasm must have practically no gag reflex
Node18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #530
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

I also enjoyed that you asked for snp which are specific to a race and when I gave them them to you you just ignore.

It's pretty typical. This current shift in topic by you is as obvious as the others.

I would assume you would lack belief in aliens too.

meh
Old 10-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #531
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

I also enjoyed that you asked for snp which are specific to a race and when I gave them them to you you just ignored it.

It's pretty typical to be honest. This current shift in topic by you is as obvious as the others.

I would assume you would lack belief in aliens too but it appears you pick and choose when to apply that logic. Oh no I've fallen into the trap again.

meh
Old 10-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #532
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
I would assume you would lack belief in aliens too but it appears you pick and choose when to apply that logic. Oh no I've fallen into the trap again.
When I apply alien logic? No, I think it's pretty consistent.

The sheer number of possibly inhabitable planets in the universe put the idea of life on at least one of them way up in the plausible range. Notice I didn't say "intelligent life" - it's hard enough to find that here, let alone on other planets.

The idea, however, that aliens are visiting Earth and sticking science intruments up our poop-holes is silly. But let me guess, you think we should at least give it a "50/50" possibility? Silly.

- selliedjoup
Old 10-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #533
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

You guess wrong again. If you can find a post where I assign 50% to the possibility of a specific god, or any random idea let me know. Oh yeah, you'll link to another of your posts. Circular logic.

SNP Race - nothing still? Let me know if you find something which give you some ideas on why SNPs have nothing to do with it.

meh
Old 10-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #534
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
No, no it doesn't..it just means we do not believe in a God or Gods. As for the logical part, where is the logic in believing in unfounded, unprovable claims? I am more than interested in finding out how we got here, the possibilities of multiverses etc etc. This doesn't mean that I am open to all horse shite to fill in the gaps.....unlike someone else here!! BELL END!
Your logic is so flawed it's scary. It's not about what you believe, or don't believe. It's about what has been proven to be true. That you like the possibilities of the multiverses, but dismiss any possible concept of any god just shows your ridiculous level of bias.

If you have proof of a random process for how we got here, fire away, much like theists have a created reason for how we got here. Neither of you have any basis in anything, although I love your pretence.

Mandatory tourettes at end of post, KNOBJOCKEY!!

meh
Old 10-31-2013, 08:09 PM   #535
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
You guess wrong again. If you can find a post where I assign 50% to the possibility of a specific god, or any random idea let me know. Oh yeah, you'll link to another of your posts. Circular logic.

SNP Race - nothing still? Let me know if you find something which give you some ideas on why SNPs have nothing to do with it.
C'mon Mike you usually manage to pluck something from somewhere, vaguely related, talk a lot of drivel and hey presto your killer response.

Times must be dire if you cannot spout some somewhat related garbage.

Tell me more how you don't lack belief in aliens, but lack believe in others thing which there are no evidence for. It's fascinating.

meh
Old 10-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #536
ghoulslime
I Live Here

I wonder what Jerry 50/50 was for Halloween. Do you think he went as a slack-jawed sheep fucker again this year?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #537
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
I wonder what Jerry 50/50 was for Halloween. Do you think he went as a slack-jawed sheep fucker again this year?
Yeah you're right, religious people hate halloween so I went as an Atheist again to piss them off.

meh
Old 11-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #538
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
C'mon Mike you usually manage to pluck something from somewhere, vaguely related, talk a lot of drivel and hey presto your killer response.
Aww, that's sweet, you're sitting here waiting for me to reply. Like a dog sitting by the front door waiting for its master to come home from work.

For the record, I went to the coast today with my housemates, haven't been near a computer all day.

Quote:
Times must be dire if you cannot spout some somewhat related garbage.
Tell me more how you don't lack belief in aliens, but lack believe in others thing which there are no evidence for. It's fascinating.
Alright, since you've waited faithfully all day like a good boy, I'll throw you a bone.

I didn't say I believe in aliens, I said that what we know about the universe makes the situation seem geared more favourably towards life on other planets than not. However, it's far more likely that life will be simple organisms than anything else.

- selliedjoup
Old 11-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #539
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Aww, that's sweet, you're sitting here waiting for me to reply. Like a dog sitting by the front door waiting for its master to come home from work.

For the record, I went to the coast today with my housemates, haven't been near a computer all day.

Alright, since you've waited faithfully all day like a good boy, I'll throw you a bone.

I didn't say I believe in aliens, I said that what we know about the universe makes the situation seem geared more favourably towards life on other planets than not. However, it's far more likely that life will be simple organisms than anything else.
I don't care. Tell me about SNPS again.

meh
Old 11-01-2013, 04:27 AM   #540
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
Your logic is so flawed it's scary. It's not about what you believe, or don't believe. It's about what has been proven to be true. That you like the possibilities of the multiverses, but dismiss any possible concept of any god just shows your ridiculous level of bias.

If you have proof of a random process for how we got here, fire away, much like theists have a created reason for how we got here. Neither of you have any basis in anything, although I love your pretence.

Mandatory tourettes at end of post, KNOBJOCKEY!!
Like? What has that got to do with anything you retard. I liked Nightmare on Elm street but don't go to bed at night expecting my dreams to be invaded. There is some evidence that points to the POSSIBILITY of multi verses. NON for a God. What does that tell you? Like I said before, just because I cannot state 100% how we got here it doesn't mean it was invisible massless martian monkeys what done it.

You are a fuck wit! Tourettes at the end of my post complete.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote