Old 05-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #451
Gathercole

Quote:
inkadu wrote
Egg-eating is strictly forbidden, Gathercole, since it's a tool of factory farming oppression. All chickens should be liberated and allowed to roam free. Their eggs are theirs, and us white European men have no right to eat their precious progeny. I am moving to have you excommunicated from our order during out next meeting for committing the sin of eeg-lust -- right after the marijuana browne communion.

Be prepared to turn in your Birkenstocks, Gathercole.
I don't think so. I'm prepared to fight this all the way to the High Council of Environmentalism. They'll call a referendum of all the animals in the forest, and since I've got a Prius full of breadcrumbs I'm confident the Holy Animals will, shall we say, see the orthodoxy of my position. This can only backfire on you Inkadu, you Goddess-damned a-tree-ist!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #452
Kamikaze189

I'm with SFT. Screw everything. Let's nuke the rainforests and the whales. Our goal is to destroy the planet as quickly as possible, and to ignore anything that would suggest we were actually doing so.

Who are temperatologolao-- people doing research-- to tell me whether or not I'm harming the planet!? Maybe the planet WANTS to be warm! Maybe earth's number one goal is to manufacture plastic bags and kill fish!

GO WORSHIP SOME TREES AND FUCK YOU, GLOBAL WARMIANS!

[/satire]

“Whoever attacks the popular falsehoods of his time will find that a lie defends itself by telling other lies.” - Robert Ingersoll
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #453
Method21

DAMN RIGHT! We have to invent a more powerful weapon, though... plutonium doesn't pollute fast enough. We want the earth to glow, right?!?!

RADIOACTIVE OR BUST.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:48 PM   #454
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Quote:
southern_freethinker wrote
Quote:
inkadu wrote
I finally read one of STF's spams, and, if I can sum it up:

ANTI-GLOBAL WARMING THEORY DOCUMENTARY ENOUGH TO CONVINCE FRESHMAN

What a waste of time.
Then you missed the point of the article...no surprise there, since missing the point is the chief activity of this blog. But let me point it out to you since it was too...uh subtle for you, to wit:
Science is not about consensus.

Now I realize that there is one word in there with three syllables, but if you stare at it long enough you'll get the sense of it. So congratulations, inkadu, you missed the point entirely. Sad...just sad.
Well, I disagree that science is not about consensus.What is more, most scientists don't think it's about consensus. Therefore, my pro-consensus opinion is actually in the minority. Therefore I am right. However, you also share this opinion, so that is two people, which might be one too many for our theory to be correct.

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
inkadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #455
inkadu
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Gathercole wrote
Quote:
inkadu wrote
I don't think so. I'm prepared to fight this all the way to the High Council of Environmentalism. They'll call a referendum of all the animals in the forest, and since I've got a Prius full of breadcrumbs I'm confident the Holy Animals will, shall we say, see the orthodoxy of my position. This can only backfire on you Inkadu, you Goddess-damned a-tree-ist!
Remember, we consult the spotted owl for all the important stuff, and I'm pretty sure she won't take kindly to your eggstravagant new life style.

If religion were based on facts, it would be called science, and no one would believe it. -- Stephen Colbert
inkadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #456
bryantee

It's not determined by consensus, but consensus is usually a good indication of scientific validity.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:34 AM   #457
Choobus
I Live Here

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the earth useless and we are all doomed, unless we figure out interstellar travel. Therefore, all "natural" resources should be used up as quickly as possible in order to develop the necessary technology. Nothing else matters.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #458
Rat Bastard

Quote:
inkadu wrote
Quote:
Gathercole wrote
Quote:
inkadu wrote
Remember, we consult the spotted owl for all the important stuff, and I'm pretty sure she won't take kindly to your eggstravagant new life style.
Hmmmm....spotted owl eggs? I spotted owl eggs in the fridge, and made a nice omelette.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:43 AM   #459
skribb

Quote:
Choobus wrote
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the earth useless and we are all doomed, unless we figure out interstellar travel. Therefore, all "natural" resources should be used up as quickly as possible in order to develop the necessary technology. Nothing else matters.
Is that your Physicist opinion or your Choobus opinion?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #460
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

It's his Physicist opinion.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote