Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #31
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Just the way I feel.

Anyway welcome summerqueen. Carolinas eh, do any shagging?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #32
thesummerqueen

I'm white and I'm Jewish, so no I can't dance; but the generally accepted definition of shagging...any chance I get.

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
~ Albert Camus
thesummerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #33
dogpet
Obsessed Member

One leads to the other my friend in Raleigh tells me.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #34
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
thesummerqueen wrote View Post
I'm white and I'm Jewish, so no I can't dance...

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #35
thesummerqueen

I don't need the former to engage in the latter, fortunately.

And quit taking away my excuses, Professor.

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
~ Albert Camus
Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #36
Irreligious
I Live Here

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #37
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Welcome to the forum!

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #38
Ex Atheist

Quote:
I hate doing these things but here goes...

I'm an atheist Jew horticulture student living in the Bible Belt by choice against everyone's (even my own) better judgment. ...............
If a Jew is someone who believes in the Old Testament God , then how can you be that AND an 'atheist' at the same time ? How does that work ? Do you mean you are of a Jewish heritage but have bailed out and defected to atheism ? If so, how did that take place exactly ? Thanks and welcome to this Forum where most people proclaim they are an 'Atheist'... but dont have enough faith to have an atheistic worldview. And believe me...i gave it a darn good try for some 10 years. ANyway, this isnt about me, its about your post and looking for some clarification on you as an 'atheist/jew' . Thanks.
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #39
thesummerqueen

I was born and raised a Jew. I defected. Pretty simple. Jew enough in Hitler's eyes, but not enough in my aunt's.

I'd actually identify with humanism most closely, and there is a Humanistic Jewish movement which celebrates Jewish history and culture and rejects the supernatural.

Once you get to know me better, you'll get to have fun with the nagging, kvetching, guilt-tripping stereotypes.

~ Albert Camus
Old 12-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #40
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
ANyway, this isnt about me...
It's always about you, narcissist. Always.

We only get the most self-involved theists on this forum. That's why you're here:

"Wheee! Look at me! Look! I'm a Christian. Instead of persecuting me, why won't you worship me? I'm special. Really I am. Pay attention to me, dammit!"

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #41
thesummerqueen

Eh, it's all right. I'm very good friends with a rabidly Calvinist apologist and put up with his self-absorbed and asshole behavior pretty well. I'm pretty sure he puts up with me because I have tits, but hey, it could be my tolerance of him as well.

~ Albert Camus
Old 12-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #42
Ex Atheist

Quote:
I was born and raised a Jew. I defected. Pretty simple. Jew enough in Hitler's eyes, but not enough in my aunt's.

I'd actually identify with humanism most closely, and there is a Humanistic Jewish movement which celebrates Jewish history and culture and rejects the supernatural.

Then, you enjoy going thru the rituals of looking like a Jew but in reality find disdain toward the deeper issues associated with it such as a Jews true identity (?) Why would you want to keep participating in something you have ultimately written off ? And, why wouldnt something like this be considered hypocrisy ? No disrespect intended...just saying what it has the appearance of . I guess it would sort of be like me who used to be engrained in atheism , to still faithfully read the Humanist Manifesto 1 and 2 and attend national atheist camps cause its enjoyable.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #43
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
It's always about you, narcissist. Always.

We only get the most self-involved theists on this forum. That's why you're here:

"Wheee! Look at me! Look! I'm a Christian. Instead of persecuting me, why won't you worship me? I'm special. Really I am. Pay attention to me, dammit!"
Ill take that as a compliment seeing it was quite comical with your final summation ..lol...
Old 12-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #44
Irreligious
I Live Here

Fake Atheist, are you really so stupid as to not understand the concept of a "cultural Jew?" Christians have dogged these people for millennia, refusing to even acknowledge their basic humanity, all because they won't validate your belief that the alleged messiah has returned, and you have the nerve to ask her why she identifies as Jewish, you disengenuous dolt?

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #45
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
Ill take that as a compliment seeing it was quite comical with your final summation ..lol...
Who cares how you take it? I don't.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox