Old 01-12-2018, 12:19 AM   #76
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I would be curious to know when Judge or Davin have ever, ?even once, conceded to any view which wasn't there's to start with.
It's THEIRS not THERE's, you weirdo illiterate twat.

Just how dumb are you?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:52 AM   #77
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I would be curious to know when Judge or Davin have ever, ?even once, conceded to any view which wasn't there's to start with.
Indeed I have. I used to believe, now I don't. The reasons are complex and we get into them if you wish but essentially I conceded to atheism.

Can you truthfully answer your own question posed back to you?

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:59 AM   #78
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You can't seriously be talking about me...
No I wasn't. Sorry, who are you?

Old 01-12-2018, 04:01 AM   #79
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Just looked up "veridicanism." I love that it's so fringe it doesn't even have its own Wikipedia page and the second Google return after the eponymous webpage states it's a neoligism.

If veridicanism is a "thing" then I'm a Realitarian. Who's with me?! LOL

Old 01-12-2018, 04:22 AM   #80
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I am. That makes one more follower than EgoBore has.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:07 AM   #81
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Oh, surely you've heard: The atheists have done away with Descartes axiom.
No we haven't, it is more like the folk-psychology of Cartersian Dualism has been challenged over recent decades by various cognitive and brain imaging studies and have shown things that have augmented our still imperfect understanding of consciousness.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
It's actually a form of intellectual cowardice, and it would be the inane ramblings of a shopping-cart pushing schizophrenic, but it's the academic elite who are claiming it, the self-appointed creators of truth.
Not really if you'd read widely enough around the subject.
And besides it is arguably better to have a discoverer of objective and verifiable truths being accepted on the merits of their academic work than a self-appointed creator of religious "truth."

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
And it's airtight. There is no way to argue against it. It's un-falsifiable. It's their version of "God did it."
LOL this is so oversimplied it almost smacks of willful ignornace.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
With that belief firmly in place...
And the offensive strawman bullshit can now flow forth freely

Old 01-12-2018, 05:47 AM   #82
Egor

Veridicanism

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
Just looked up "veridicanism." I love that it's so fringe it doesn't even have its own Wikipedia page and the second Google return after the eponymous webpage states it's a neoligism.

If veridicanism is a "thing" then I'm a Realitarian. Who's with me?! LOL
It is what it is. It's my religion. It's my Christianity. And "Veridicanism" is a made up word. Veridical means true (hopefully you already knew that), -an is a suffix that means a follower, and -ism is a suffix that means a doctrine. So...

Veridicanism means the doctrine of those who follow that which is true.

The truth is in its two axioms:

1. Deus est substantia

God is monistic in his nature. That means God is the only substance. God is the only thing that is fully real, and God is the substance of all things. All other things that appear to exist are in fact modalities of his substance.

2. Esse Sicut Christus

To be like Christ. The human purpose for every individual is to become like Christ, to become in spirit like Christ was in spirit, forever moving toward our example of perfection, the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Clearly, it is a Christian religion, but the view of God is different, though most Christians wouldn't recognize that. And the canon is different:

The Veridican Canon
  • New Testament Gospel of Matthew
  • New Testament Gospel of Mark
  • New Testament Gospel of Luke
  • New Testament Gospel of John
  • The Gospel of Thomas
  • The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ

What makes Veridicanism truly different from other forms of Christianity, ironically, is that Veridicans follow only the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. They don't venerate the apostles or Mary. They may read the rest of the Holy Bible for background and advice, but the scriptures are only the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.

I say Veridicans, but there are only two: myself and my wife, and my wife pretty much just follows my lead on this. I am totally in the way of Veridicanism. So, it can never spread while I am alive; I know this, but I'm 53 and have every risk factor for an MI, so who knows how long this mortal coil will last.

In the mean time, now that the philosophy is stable, I will publish what I can, where I can, and that will be my contribution. There is the website, there is the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, I am working on a commentary of the VGJC, and I want to publish both on as many online platforms as I can.

If you want to know more, just go to the website. It's in my profile, or it's right here. Veridican.com

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #83
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I have many times, you dumbshit. It requires a good logical argument that is backed up by reliable evidence. Things that you constantly fail to provide.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #84
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You can't seriously be talking about me and Veridicanism. Good God, I've corrected so many of my errant beliefs over the years it's ridiculous.
Oh yes, I know you've "corrected" many of your idiotic ideas, If you read what I wrote I already addressed that. I don't even really have to respond to this since it was already addressed in the post you partially quoted. Learning how to read, that would be a good step forward for you.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:54 AM   #85
Egor

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Oh yes, I know you've "corrected" many of your idiotic ideas, If you read what I wrote I already addressed that. I don't even really have to respond to this since it was already addressed in the post you partially quoted. Learning how to read, that would be a good step forward for you.
Do you really think I care what you write?

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 AM   #86
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Do you really think I care what you write?
I don't think you have the ability understand what I write, let alone care. I was just trying to be nice by helping you to not look like a complete idiot. But I'm not against you practicing your freedom to look mentally deficient.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #87
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Ah the penny drops; Edward Gordon ---> Egor.
I hace some questions...
From the eponymous website:
"It began as the Veridical Christian Society, a protestant non-denominational bible study with only a few members that formed in reaction to the Government's handling of the Branch Davidians in Waco, Texas earlier that year. It disbanded after only a few months."

Are you at liberty to say more on this Egor either here or via PM? Just interested in what exactly / how the Waco incident prompted the formation of the group and why it only lasted a few months.
Have there been any followers since or are there any other followers at all now?

Old 01-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #88
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Follerwers judge? you have to be kidding.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #89
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
I have many times, you dumbshit. It requires a good logical argument that is backed up by reliable evidence. Things that you constantly fail to provide.
Prove it, show me some quotes where you've said something like, "Hmmm, yes maybe you're right, I have to rethink my position". or "Yes, I will amend my thought on that topic, good point".

You don't, because you are partisan in view of Atheism, and you don't enter this site as an intellectual interested in learning, but rather Defending, like a debator defends a position (without yield, never giving an inch - because of distrust of the other side).

I have seen you in action for years, your patern is transparent. That is why I don't bother to listen to you views anymore - they cannot be trusted as intellectually honest or earnest.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #90
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Egor, purchase a portable automated defibrillator. If you get sudden chest arm or jaw pain (possible MI) call 911 and have your wife hook up the defibrillator on you until EHS arrives (just in-case you succumb to fatal arrhythmia prior to arrival of the paramedics).
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote