Old 12-25-2008, 03:22 PM   #886
Liberated1

And just so you know, here is a nice list of these "weak minded" scientists.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #887
ghoulslime
I Live Here

I just read Jackie's blog.

I believe that he is insane. I don't mean that as a term of disparagement. I really think the guy has blown a gasket.

In the spirit of X-Mas, I am going to leave the helpless ape alone for a bit.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #888
John A. Davison

Of you think Einstein was an atheist by any standard you are living in a fantasy world.

I see Ghoulslime is now threatening banishment. That figures. Do what you have to do Ghoulslime. That is what we all do.

"Everything is determined...by forces over which we have no control"
Albert Einstein

History determines who was great and who was not. I doubt if anyone so arrogant and low class as to name himself Ghoulslime will ever be remembered for anything.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #889
Liberated1

You failed to answer my question John. Quit avoiding questions or I will ignore you, which is altogether different then being banned.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #890
John A. Davison

When are you going to screw up the "courage" that it takes to banish a mortal enemy? Don't you even have to guts to manage that?

Last edited by John A. Davison; 12-25-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: I made a mistake. I thought I had been banished.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #891
Liberated1

Quote:
John A. Davison wrote View Post
I see my messages are no longer appearing. Kiss my ass to a purple blister.
Your messages are being posted you git.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:06 PM   #892
John A. Davison

I don't respond to Inquisition style tactics. I am not on trial here. Godless Darwinian atheism is on trial and always has been. It is the most persistent hoax in the history of science.

"Science commits suicide when she adopts a creed."
Thomas Henry Huxley

The Darwinian myth is the slowest yet surest form of intellectual suicide ever conjured up by an overactive imagination. After a century and a half it has finally done itself in.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and God bless you every one.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #893
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Davison, I hate to have to tell you this, but you will die on this forum. You will not be killed, you will shrivel & expire, or slink away to die in a corner.

Beg all you like for release, you are here till you die, trust me.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #894
Liberated1

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
I just read Jackie's blog.

I believe that he is insane. I don't mean that as a term of disparagement. I really think the guy has blown a gasket.

In the spirit of X-Mas, I am going to leave the helpless ape alone for a bit.
Yep, well I can honestly say I think you're right. I'm just going to ignore him from now on. It's pathetic to pick on the weak minded old fool.
RIP you old ape.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #895
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Oh, he fixed his speeling.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #896
John A. Davison

dogpet

That sounds good to me. I can't imagine a better way to go than to die while exposing the biggest hoax ever perpetrated in the history of human communication - Godless, aimless, purposeless Darwinian mysticsm.

"Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is the same as that of the religious fanatics, and it springs from the same source. ...They are creatures who can't hear the music of the spheres."
Albert Einstein

"Do not go softly into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas
Old 12-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #897
dogpet
Obsessed Member

I AM weary of being bitter and weary of being wise,
And the armor and the mask of these fall from me, after long.
I would go where the islands sleep, or where the sea-dawns rise,
And lose my bitter wisdom in the wisdom of a song.

There are magics in melodies, unknown of the sages
The powers of purest wonder on secret wings go by.
Doubtless out of the silence of dumb preceding ages
Song woke the chaos-world—and light swept the sky.

All that we know is idle; idle is all we cherish;
Idle the will that takes loads that proclaim it strong.
For the knowledge, the strength, the burden—all shall perish:
One thing only endures, one thing only—song.

A D Ficke

Old 12-25-2008, 04:40 PM   #898
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Of you think Einstein was an atheist by any standard you are living in a fantasy world.

I see Ghoulslime is now threatening banishment. That figures. Do what you have to do Ghoulslime. That is what we all do.

"Everything is determined...by forces over which we have no control"
Albert Einstein

History determines who was great and who was not. I doubt if anyone so arrogant and low class as to name himself Ghoulslime will ever be remembered for anything.
Everything I have read by and about Einstein leads me to believe that he was atheist/agnostic just like every other honest person. He was in awe of our universe and our existence. He also had the integrity to admit that he knew very little relative to all things.

John, I wish that you could understood the irony of your suggestion that I would be behind an effort to ban you from this forum. I have championed freedom of speech my entire life. You are fast on your way to becoming ignored by some members of this forum, but you’ve done nothing to warrant banning. Being impervious to reason is hardly a hanging offense around here. You will not get me to drive the nails in your cross, so seek your crucifixion elsewhere.

History, as I am sure you will agree, has a very limited perspective. What is your definition of great? It seems a relative term to me. Was Alexander the Great great, or was he a megalomaniacal butcher? Was the unknown mother who raised her children to be happy and production members of society great? The answer to this question is different for each person who considers it.

What is the measure of your greatness, John? Is fame and honor your ultimate goal in life? You are safe to answer. The question is subjective and the answer entirely at the whim of your personal ambition.

In life, I have sought knowledge and happiness. I consider honesty and compassion to be the highest ideals. I have been fortunate enough to enjoy relative success in these goals. I am content with accepting the fact that I do not and cannot know all that it is I want to know. Like a bee making honey, I go about my daily tasks with contentment in my existence. If I am fortunate enough to continue my life to a wealthy harvest of years comparable to yours, I hope that I may bow my head in wisdom and humility, like ripened grain full of bounty.

When I expire, my body will be burned and the ashes tossed into the sea. I will cease to exist. What history speaks of me is irrelevant. I hope that you can come to resign yourself to such peace as well.

I continue to extend an olive branch to you. I would be interested to hear what you believe as to our origin and purpose.

As an honest man, I maintain a pure heart and an inquiring mind, always hoping to learn something I have missed in my life’s scholarship. If you have evidence of gods, I am willing to listen and consider. Aliens? Unicorns? My mind is open to all possibilities, and I require only evidence.

Personally, I am hoping for leprechauns to be behind it all.

So where did we come from, John, and where are we going?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #899
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
dogpet

That sounds good to me. I can't imagine a better way to go than to die while exposing the biggest hoax ever perpetrated in the history of human communication - Godless, aimless, purposeless Darwinian mysticsm.

"Then there are the fanatical atheists whose intolerance is the same as that of the religious fanatics, and it springs from the same source. ...They are creatures who can't hear the music of the spheres."
Albert Einstein

"Do not go softly into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas
John, stop debasing yourself with the constant quotation of others. Speak for yourself, please. A little spice is nice, but cook the soup yourself.

If Darwinism is based on mysticism, I am truly curious to know your answer.

Where did we come from John, and how do you reckon this?

Old 12-25-2008, 04:52 PM   #900
BOF

What stunning irony for a catholic to accuse others of fraud.

John,of course you're not trial .However,as an theist on an atheist forum the burden of proof is with you.

I'm actually thrilled and reassured to learn you're 80-ish. I'm 61,my dad was away with fairies at 75,dying at 87. (arteriosclerosis). I envy you, I hope I reach 80 -and have as many of my marbles as you seem to have.

Won't argue with you: I'm a former catholic, now an agnostic atheist.I assert "I do not believe in god(s) .I do not assert "There IS no god" I concede the possibility or error,which imo any rational person does about anything.This position most definitely applies to science, which does not work in absolutes. Note I don't say" scientists"; I know a few.Often brilliant, always flawed, as are all humans .

My atheism is not the result of choice, rather ,the result an inevitable conclusion after nearly 20 years consideration. My conclusion was and is sincere and at the time,painful.

I will not criticise you or abuse you for your beliefs,however,I WILL do so should you have the arrogance to judge me criticise me for mine. (or my lack of beliefs) --hence the crack about Catholics.

I sincerely hope you had a good christmas. I usually do,as I spend it with people I love and who love me.All atheists except mum (82) who remains a devout catholic.