Old 04-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #1
fishtumor
New Member!

Intellectual Laziness (2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77jj7HPrJIY

Religious fervor. Incurious worldviews. Intellectual laziness. Unreason. These are the problems that threaten the future of civilization as sloppy thinking and superstitious nonsense spread their tentacles. Even the skeptical community has sometimes been negligent in their responsibility to fight these ills.

But there is one man who has something to say about it.

In this Fish Tumor Productions exclusive, Shafreel finally breaks his silence about today's most important issues as believers and skeptics alike are called out and held accountable.

Comments and discussion are welcome and encouraged. Just remember, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
fishtumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
fishtumor wrote View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77jj7HPrJIY

Religious fervor. Incurious worldviews. Intellectual laziness. Unreason. These are the problems that threaten the future of civilization as sloppy thinking and superstitious nonsense spread their tentacles. Even the skeptical community has sometimes been negligent in their responsibility to fight these ills.

But there is one man who has something to say about it.

In this Fish Tumor Productions exclusive, Shafreel finally breaks his silence about today's most important issues as believers and skeptics alike are called out and held accountable.

Comments and discussion are welcome and encouraged. Just remember, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Unfortunately, I am behind China's "green" curtain at the moment, and can't see Youtube. However, I have often thought of intellectual laziness more than intellectual defect as being one of the key reasons why religious people continue to adhere to the tenets of obviously absurd belief systems. Most of humanity is genetically coded to seek security and comfort above all things. If they can feed, breed, and sleep in relative peace, most are happy to be like sheep, without even a bleat.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Unfortunately, I am behind China's "green" curtain at the moment, and can't see Youtube. However, I have often thought of intellectual laziness more than intellectual defect as being one of the key reasons why religious people continue to adhere to the tenets of obviously absurd belief systems. Most of humanity is genetically coded to seek security and comfort above all things. If they can feed, breed, and sleep in relative peace, most are happy to be like sheep, without even a bleat.
Unfortunate but true. And there are others who take advantage of and cash in on that fact.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Nice watch, Fisthumor.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Fisthumor.
and I thought it was just me with spoonerismitis being a sad bastard!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
Unfortunate but true. And there are others who take advantage of and cash in on that fact.
Yes and yes. And a dose of I can't tolerate uncertainty (possibly a corollary of intellectual laziness) nor the thought of our brief mortal existence.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
and I thought it was just me with spoonerismitis being a sad bastard!
It's probably my most English attribute. I like a bit of the old wordplay.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote