Old 11-24-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
Illuminati

Last night I signed up at www.christianforums.com and there was a section called "Questions by non-christians". Someone entered a question "Does that mean there is no god" and I simply quoted that and said yes. But apparently, only christians are allowed to answer the questions of non-christians so I was immediately banned, and my ip is now blocked from even entering the site.

My question is, why the fear? I didn't realize that that section was xtian only, but banning someone for that is pretty lame. Reminds me of the borg "Resistance is futile, prepare to be assimilated"
Old 11-25-2004, 01:21 AM   #2
Anonymous_number1

What did you expect? Honesty? Hell no.

I hear this time and time again in the other forums I frequent to. Pretty much, everyone just keeps out of those sites. No use in going there unless you really want to waste your time or humor yourself.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:29 AM   #3
Illuminati

Yeah, at least here we listen to the stupid irrational arguments people provide, then quickly disprove them. As oppose to blocking differing view points out.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:46 PM   #4
solidsquid

There is no room for freedom of thought in the Fundamentalist Christian camp my friend, no deviation from the group.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:13 AM   #5
Illuminati

I got booted from my second christian forum board.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:51 PM   #6
solidsquid

You might be on the verge of being blackballed man...th' man gonna keep you down...
Old 11-28-2004, 11:08 PM   #7
Anonymous_number1

Th' man? LOL
Old 11-29-2004, 12:16 AM   #8
Paul123

I'm going to go there now. mwahaha.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:01 AM   #9
Paul123

I'm having a bit of a crisis.
I have an atheist friend and she tells me not to believe, and calls christianity. She points out all these inconsistencies in the bible and tells me about all this corruption and stuff within the church. She says that God cannot exist, because the whole idea is contradictory. She tells me that any educated person who goes to their death bed believing they'll live on in a new world, is foolish and should never have been educated because 'it didn't work'. She believes in the notions of evolution and the big bang. I really need help, all the things she's telling me make logical sense, but i don't want to abandon my lord Jesus.
Has anyone got any things that i can tell her that will change her mind from atheism and convince me of my faith. I'm really in need of help here. Thanks everybody!!!

That was a post i put up there. Let's see how they answer. I wonder what quality of answer i'll get back. Jon already proved christians aren't all dumb hicks and has a good basis for his belief. I wonder if they'll be the same.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:46 AM   #10
Illuminati

everyone go there, and talk about how you are being converted to atheism. My name is Valhalla.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:02 PM   #11
solidsquid

Covert missions eh? As much fun as I'm sure it would be, I don't want to do what I would find annoying if it were to be done on an atheist forum. However, if I were invited by the board, it would be a different story.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:08 AM   #12
Paul123

I just wanted to see how they'd react. They're all pretty logical so far. I didn't expect stupid 'GOD GOD GOD' people. I wanted them though.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:45 AM   #13
Illuminati

Hehehe
Old 12-01-2004, 12:00 AM   #14
anon

This is copied and pasted from the general rules section of Christian Forums.

7. You will come in here with the attitude and mindset that you are not always right. Stonewallers, and trolls need not apply (and hence will be happily removed from the board). This includes people on both sides of the debate.

Ultimately the motto for this board is:

"The truth is evident as far as we are willing to see it in its totality."

In short, the more willing you are to consider another person's viewpoint, the more productive to reach this goal of finding the truth, you will be.

Your comment was petitio principii, unsupported, and biased (in the sense that instead of arguing FOR your position you stated FROM it). They clearly stated you would be banned for such things and did so when you broke the rules by which you agreed to abide. It should be dually noted that a good friend of mine, a Christian, arguing for God, made a comment that was much the same, and was treated just like you. So . . .
Old 12-01-2004, 01:01 AM   #15
Illuminati

Death to the heathens