Old 08-12-2008, 01:02 PM   #1261
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
No. I don't like you because you are a nasty, humorless bore who is simply incapable of understanding any point of view but his own and will not concede that there could be any other.
Irony, innit?
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Cuntgate is the definitive proof of that.
So, everyone else who had the opposite opinion in that discussion, and didn't change their mind would be guilty of the same thing, right?

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
1. Hindus are not part of this society.
So, you actually believe there are no Hindu citizens and residents here? I'm not sure how I will break this to the ones I know.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
2. Hindus who come here come knowing that we eat beef.
Christians and Catholics know that there are atheists who don't much care for their religion
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
3. Hindus who enter a non-vegetarian restaurant know that beef will be consumed by many of the diners.
Christians who read Pharyngula know that it is an atheist (and anti-theist) blog, with many who find their beliefs silly.

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
I suppose if they are successful in gaining enough converts, they might become a segment of the community and convince the rest of us to stop eating beef. But I will be dead by then, so what do I care?
That's the entire point, isn't it? They don't need to convince anyone of anything. They need to accept that others do not hold cows sacred, and will not bow to their beliefs, if they don't want to. What other people do is none of their business.

So, what membership number is the cutoff for respecting (or ceasing to respect) a group's beliefs?

Oh, yes, I almost forgot: Who forced Christians to read Pharyngula?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #1262
Lily

Someone stick a fork in this turkey. He's done.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #1263
nkb

Hmmmm, great retort. If you can't defend your position, just say so.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #1264
nkb

You added this after I responded.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Have I professed dislike for anyone else? I don't think so. You are quite special.
Are you serious? Are you kidding me?

I don't have enough time to list all the people you have insulted, ridiculed, accused of general meanness, and used a multitude of other methods to convey your dislike.

You do live in your own little (Lily)world!

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #1265
Irreligious
I Live Here

When is Lily going to be done?

Ever?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 PM   #1266
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
When is Lily going to be done?

Ever?
C'mon man! Kick boxing with Lily is the heartbeat of this place.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 PM   #1267
nkb

Never.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #1268
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
You added this after I responded.

Are you serious? Are you kidding me?

I don't have enough time to list all the people you have insulted, ridiculed, accused of general meanness, and used a multitude of other methods to convey your dislike.

You do live in your own little (Lily)world!

I second that the list of people LillyButt 'ignores' / insults or otherwise 'dislikes' because they happen to disagree with her could go on forever

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #1269
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
yeah but a little less of a stuck-record impression and a little less sanctimoniousness and vitriol would make it sooooooo much better

Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #1270
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
You know, I used to believe that, but she has become as irritating as Francis used to be.

She demands respect for her beliefs, yet shows none for those held by others, especially if they offend her sensibilities. She won't even concede that others have a right to sensibilities that she does not share. There is no such thing as having a rational discussion with her, which leaves vituperation and insults. But even that gets plenty old after a while.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:27 PM   #1271
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
yeah but a little less of a stuck-record impression and a little less sanctimoniousness and vitriol would make it sooooooo much better
Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
You know, I used to believe that, but she has become as irritating as Francis used to be..
Yes you guys, but if she was reasonable and flexible, first we would loose our rockem sockem toy and second nkb and Phil would fall into deep depression and probably take up a fast food habit or find God.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #1272
nkb

We have to respect the Catholics' crackers, but, because there aren't enough Hindus, it's ok to ignore their sensibilities.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #1273
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Yes you guys, but if she was reasonable and flexible, first we would loose our rockem sockem toy and second nkb and Phil would fall into deep depression and probably take up a fast food habit or find God.
nah we have YWNER for that - so much fun - if a little (but only a little) dumber than LillyAss

Old 08-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #1274
nkb

Lily,
would it surprise you to find out that there are almost 1.5 million Hindus living here?
Quote:
Wikipedia wrote
According to the United States Department of State's International Religious Freedom Report 2004, the number of Hindus in the United States is approximately 1,478,670, or 0.5% of the total population. This figure consists of immigrants from countries where Hinduism is an indigeous belief and their descendants, as well as Americans who adhere to Hinduism.
Will you respect their wishes once they reach 1.5 million?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #1275
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Lily,
would it surprise you to find out that there are almost 1.5 million Hindus living here?

Will you respect their wishes once they reach 1.5 million?

nah- thats when she moves to that little enclave in Montana - hopefully