Old 10-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Christians urged to reject BNP

The thing to note here is that the church should no more be urging people not to vote for a party than to vote for a different party. It's a full on no true christian attack.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091025...p-6323e80.html

I liked this bit:

"Lord Carey said it was "chilling" to hear Mr Griffin claim to represent "Christian Britain" in his appearance on BBC1's Question Time on Thursday, and accused the BNP leader of trying to "hijack one of the world's great religions".

Stands to reason if Mr Carey was really invested in his truth, there would be, no other great religions.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

.. t'will be interesting to see what Jonathan Sachs & Dr. Ghayasuddin Siddiqui have to say on this subject ...

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
Broga
Obsessed Member

Lord Carey seems to be on a bit of a rampage at present. He has been giving Papa himself a bit of a kicking for providing a haven for C. of E. priests who do not want women bishops. Some of these twats are already saying they are off to join Papa's lot. Poor old Rowan Williams,the Archbishop of Canterbury is keeping his head well below the parapet as usual. He is said to be upset as Papa only gave him two weeks warning. I suppose it was something along the lines of, "I'm making you an offer you can't refuse, so butt out."
Carey, a Lord, so much for "the meek shall inherit the earth" or was that the poor?
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote