Old 09-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Theist lounge

May we have a lounge that all the theists who come here can go to to discuss there superstitious twaddle with each other? I would like to watch that and would enjoy the arguments over specific points of non reality.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
Eva
Super Moderator

they don't like to do that.
i guess because they don't want to show us they are not an unified front.

and because WE are their common enemy....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

But this is an excellent idea! We do have at least one regular who happens to be an expert in Things Which Don't Exist.

If we have a lounge, I suggest we open a bar, restaurant, sauna, tastefully decorated lobby and so forth. I have some ideas for a hair salon:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

And maybe set up a dating post where they can all go to get laid in the name of Jesus.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
May we have a lounge that all the theists who come here can go to to discuss there superstitious twaddle with each other? I would like to watch that and would enjoy the arguments over specific points of non reality.

They would have to be kept apart physically but the superstitious shit flying around would get very nasty. They hate each other far more than they hate atheists - that turn the other cheek stuff, forgiveness, love your enemy ............. no chance. One my happier encounters with a fundie was when he said he preferred myself an atheist to his RC acquaintance. Reason: At least I did not know Jesus and so my ignorance allowed some hope. RC's did know Jesus and insisted on believing in Virgin Mary and other stuff and they were headed straight for hell.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote