Old 01-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Crumb

I was never a big fan of R. Crumb but his illustrated Bible looks like a hoot.

I like the Cosmic Superman God, which all Christians believe in and which Richard Dawkins disproved:

Some naughty bits

A dedicated researcher ...

Soapy I invite you to contribute in this thread but only if you don't complain about being censored, as such complaints will be deleted.
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Cum on Soapy - this yer chance to shine!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
Lily

Anyone who can say of anything, whatever, that it is "a piece of patriarchal propaganda engineered to consciously and deliberately suppress matriarchy" is a mama's boy with serious issues about his manhood.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Anyone who can say of anything, whatever, that it is "a piece of patriarchal propaganda engineered to consciously and deliberately suppress matriarchy" is a mama's boy with serious issues about his manhood.
It's always about the Freudian manhood with Lily!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
That's ridiculous. Look at the hand and hairy forearm in that photograph. They belong to a man, suggesting that the soap dispenser is in a public men's room. In all likelihood it's a soap dispenser designed for the men's room in a gay bar.

Edited: On a second reading, I now realize that you were referring specifically to Philboid's Crumb article and accompanying art and not Git's addition to this thread.

As for Crumb, yeah, he's got some serious issues. Who doesn't?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Not necessarily--Merlin Stone was (is?) a woman after all. (Though being named "Merlin" might have fucked with her head a bit.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote