Old 11-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
deadsoul

Guns?

Ok, I've been here for about 2 seconds now, but I get the impression that this is mostly a UK board?
If so, probably wrong place to ask, but:
I'm a member of a few gun forums, and they are about 95% christian conservatives. And I mean like full on "send prayers", and people post "prayer sent!" crazy christian.
There is nothing inherently crazy about self defense, right?
Its just an accident of history that 2nd amendment became a right-wing cause, right? Right!?!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
Node18

Right.

I hear Bovina gives incredibly good blowjobs. What do you think Choobus?
anyone who can swallow the catholic turdology with such enthusiasm must have practically no gag reflex
Node18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
Sternwallow
I Live Here

I would not say a mostly UK board. but that may just because I am NE USA and therefore pay little attention to the nationality of others (except Laplanders, I just can't seem to get along with Laplanders. Probably my own fault.)

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
deadsoul wrote View Post
There is nothing inherently crazy about self defense, right?
No, but the gun community does seem to have a lot of the fear driven and fear driven people are often drawn to magic. The hunting faction is more secular. You might enjoy that more.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
deadsoul

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
No, but the gun community does seem to have a lot of the fear driven and fear driven people are often drawn to magic. The hunting faction is more secular. You might enjoy that more.
Not so much into hunting. I really only own a gun for self defense and the hobby aspect/target practice fun.

There are a lot of 'best AR (semi-auto rifle) for Without Rule Of Law situation', and of course zombie apocalypse, threads. And lots of 'That communist muslim Obama has now (fill in the blank)!, how much longer before people take up arms!?'
I get the impression some are thinking 'finally, I get to really test out my AR!'.

I had, until recently, been rather uninterested and mostly dismissive of owning guns for self defense and especially armed resistence to governemnt. But serveral postings and this one in particular convinced me self defense is a valid and important reason to own a gun, and that there are many intelligent, thoughtful gun advocates.
Quote:
Thus, if we look for success - we don't see it in the classic gun world's stew of tin foil conspiracies or now popular cry to take our country back. You lost the election because of failed president - get over it. Have better candidates who are competent and not anti-intellectual, anti-science, morality controlling potential tyrants who really just want to make a buck for big firms.

Despite the wailing and lamentation - current gun rights are important as a last bulwark against a right that would institute a world view that is antithetical to liberty.

But, most changes today can be instituted by the electoral and judicial process. Stewing about armed revolution or how the 2nd brought major increases in liberty just are not true. I received the right not to be discriminated against on basis of religion because of the electoral and judicial process. I did not see one classic member of the conservative gun world rise in rebellion so my mother could get a job denied her because of religion. In fact, most of that group, in those times, would probably support the discrimination.

To conclude - I think that the gun carry was not an effective means of communication. Signs saying we support the 2nd Amend by large numbers of polite folks probably would work better. But we know the gun world isn't much for that. Organized demos are chortled about but don't come off. The NRA works more effectively and law suits like Heller work much better.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #6
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

I like to accessorize. And shoes are fun.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
Kate

Old 11-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #8
Kate

Downrange is no longer clear!!

Old 11-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
Whisper

ohcrap - PINK guns? YUK - that's almost (ALMOST) worse than bling guns >>

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #10
Kate

But not as fantastic as bling for pink guns!

Old 11-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #11
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
I like to accessorize. And shoes are fun.
Do they make 45 Caliber Pogo sticks like those in my size and male style?

Old 11-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #12
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Downrange is no longer clear!!
Good camo for mall insurgents.
Soon to come in suburban warfare, paint jobs that make HumVees look like big mobile gas barbecue grills for stealth raids through backyards.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #13
Kate

Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #14
Kate

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Do they make 45 Caliber Pogo sticks like those in my size and male style?
I dunno 'bout that, but this is creepy:

Old 11-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #15
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
deadsoul wrote View Post
Not so much into hunting. I really only own a gun for self defense and the hobby aspect/target practice fun.

There are a lot of 'best AR (semi-auto rifle) for Without Rule Of Law situation', and of course zombie apocalypse, threads. And lots of 'That communist muslim Obama has now (fill in the blank)!, how much longer before people take up arms!?'
I get the impression some are thinking 'finally, I get to really test out my AR!'.

I had, until recently, been rather uninterested and mostly dismissive of owning guns for self defense and especially armed resistence to governemnt. But serveral postings and this one in particular convinced me self defense is a valid and important reason to own a gun, and that there are many intelligent, thoughtful gun advocates.
If we lived in a safe country such as Singapore or France, we would have no need to consider owning firearms. Because we live in a country full of violent and crazy people, like Lily and ThomasTwo, it may be a necessity at certain times and in certain places. I am an outstanding marksman, but I long to live in a society that does not have to fear armed lunatics spraying down malls and street corners with bullets.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote