Old 05-19-2006, 08:34 AM   #1
Sapient

Tonight on the Rational Response Squad, a man claiming to be Jesus Christ is granted an hour on internet radio. This is no joke on you, the listener. He is serious! Is it really Jesus? Is this the second coming? He claims it is. Here is his myspace profile. He even has us in his top 8... woo hoo! Again, this is not a joke! (seriously)

Claiming George W. Bush is the anti-Christ and that the current Church system has it all wrong, listen to Jesus preach, and enjoy a rational response from the responders.

Tune in tonight at 9pm EST on Freethoughtmedia.com after Live with The Infidel Guy! If your selected stream has an error, try another quality level of the show. Join us in our chatroom at RationalResponders.com tonight during the show!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #2
FishFace

The amusing thing is that, when everyone starts saying 'noooo,' they'll never stop to consider that this crank probably has all the same qualities as the story-Jesus.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #3
Choobus
I Live Here

all he has to do is turn some pelegrino into Bollinger, and the question is settled.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
Victus
Obsessed Member

I wish an illusionist (like chris angel) would come out of the woodworks and claim to be jesus. That would be truly amusing.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #5
Sapient

I am engaged in discussion/debate about tonights show on several Christian forums from myspace:

Hardcore Christians
Jesus Church of myspace
New Gen of Jesus freaks.
Jesus rocks my face off
Christian teens of myspace
WWJD

In most of the forums, people either want proof or instantly write him off. Will they write off the real Jesus? Some of them called him "ridiculous" and "bull shit," they're in trouble if he's the real Jesus. And why do they need "proof?" There is no proof a man Jesus Christ (son of God) ever existed. They believe that with no proof, yet want proof this is the real Jesus, and when given the opportunity to hear the proof (tonights show), seem to not care about it or not be interested in it.

I'm finding it most interesting that it would seem Christians know their story is bullshit, and when faced with the thought that it was actually real, they have no qualms with immediatly dismissing it as bullshit.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
The Judge
Obsessed Member

May I suggest having a sedative or an atypical neuroleptic agent like Risperidone to hand to administer intramuscularly if necessary because this guy is either manic / hypomanic, or suffering from a psychotic episode repleat with delusional and magical thinking. If he claims to hear voices in his head then that's the clincher - inject this guy, sedate him, contain him, and call 911.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #7
brad89

Ask him if he has even read the Bible. The answer may surprise you...

Also, if he asks for water, slip some arsenic in it and see if the book of Mark can hold up!
Old 05-20-2006, 03:04 AM   #8
Facehammer

Nah, that's not the point. The point is that christians can accept some bloke that claimed to be the son of god 2000 years ago with absolutely no proof, but they can't do the exact same thing for someone alive today.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #9
FishFace

It's quite understandable of course. They've been conditioned to except the former since birth, in most cases. When a new crank turns up, their logical thinking switches on because it hasn't been quashed by years of brainwashing.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #10
RenaissanceMan

It would be EASY to determine if this guy is teh Christ.

Since (According to him) He's been sitting at the right hand of god for the last 2000 years, he must be privy to LOADS of insider info. Like... Where is Jimmy Hoffa buried?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #11
Rick61

So whats the latest? can we eat meat 24/7? any word for the muslims & mormons? any new commandmants?

Just what did this idiot have to say for himself?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:42 AM   #12
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Got any pics of this guy - I keep thinking of some bearded loon in a toga and sandals... :/

Old 05-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #13
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
The Judge wrote
Got any pics of this guy - I keep thinking of some bearded loon in a toga and sandals... :/
Hmmm..here is one on the lunette at a church in St petersburg. What is a "jewish messiah" doing wearing a toga? :)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #14
The Judge
Obsessed Member

And what is he doing being white when if he came from Nazareth (as the buybull says) he would be darker skinned - surely???

Old 05-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #15
Rick61

Quote:
The Judge wrote
And what is he doing being white when if he came from Nazareth (as the buybull says) he would be darker skinned - surely???
I have a theory: The DaVinci Code is real & Yasser Arafat is the decendant of JC.. LOL!!!