Old 09-18-2013, 03:50 AM   #16
alwinwarrens
New Member!

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
I think that it is entertaining to see just what doctrines Christians are defending so vehemently. Here's part of an interview that just stymied me. This guys states an obvious contradiction without, apparently, being bothered that it is one. He gives this as a straight-faced answer in an interview, and yet presents it as fact. What kind of brainwashing does one have to be put through to be able to do such a thing?

QUESTION: Do people of other religions worship the same God as Christians?

WARREN: Of course not. Christians have a view of God that is unique. We believe Jesus is God! We believe God is a Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Not 3 separate gods but one God. No other faith believes Jesus is God. My God is Jesus. The belief in God as a Trinity is the foundational difference between Christians and everyone else. There are 2.1 billion people who call themselves Christians... whether Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Pentecostal, or Evangelical... and they all have the doctrine of the Trinity in common. Hindus, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science, Unitarians, and everyone else do not accept what Jesus taught about the Trinity.

Highlights are mine.

The whole article:

http://www.edstetzer.com/2012/03/ric...-on-musli.html
At one point i thought the spokeperson was himself confused as to what he saying and what he wants to say.

It’s a nice night to grab a bite.
alwinwarrens is offline   Reply With Quote