Old 02-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
Chris
Please vote!

Thumbs up Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham

Who's watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

"Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people." ~ Heinrich Heine
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I haven't got the bandwidth to deal with all the stoopid, and that's just Ham's intro!
I'll go for a summary in the morning - too much screaming at the PC frightens the dog.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Ham is such an imbecile!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #4
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

PZ's rolling commentary on Pharyngula tells me 1) Nye's done reasonably ok, 2) Ham's a thick, lying cunt. Did I miss something?

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:33 AM   #5
mondrian

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
PZ's rolling commentary on Pharyngula tells me 1) Nye's done reasonably ok, 2) Ham's a thick, lying cunt. Did I miss something?
There's two problems as I see it. Ham stays in the grey areas. He doesn't quite lie nor does he quite tell the truth. Also, 50% of the world has a below average IQ (a scary thought) and the twat knows and capitalises on this.

Because he stays in the grey areas, anyone who doesn't know any better can get fooled by the cunt. That's why he has an audience.

One example was when Ham asked if DNA had produced any new functionality and used the example of amoeba adapting to feed on citric acid? Ham stated that it was able to do this through an existing gene which switched on. Ham's point was that DNA contains all the required genes, doesn't need additional ones and was created by god.

FFS, in recent times, DNA hasn't produced any new functionality that I'm aware of but sure as hell produced a myriad in the world's biological history. How the hell did man develop from single cell entities if it didn't? DNA mutates quite naturally and produces new functionality. That's what it does. However, evolution does't happen overnight. It's a fantastically slow process and takes millions of years. Ham knows this and uses it to support his shit. Nye should have been all over Ham like a rash on that one. Sadly, he didn't.

The middle man of last resort.
mondrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:52 AM   #6
mondrian

Quote:
mondrian wrote View Post
There's two problems as I see it. Ham stays in the grey areas. He doesn't quite lie nor does he quite tell the truth. Also, 50% of the world has a below average IQ (a scary thought) and the twat knows and capitalises on this.

Because he stays in the grey areas, anyone who doesn't know any better can get fooled by the cunt. That's why he has an audience.

One example was when Ham asked if DNA had produced any new functionality and used the example of amoeba adapting to feed on citric acid? Ham stated that it was able to do this through an existing gene which switched on. Ham's point was that DNA contains all the required genes, doesn't need additional ones and was created by god.

FFS, in recent times, DNA hasn't produced any new functionality that I'm aware of but sure as hell produced a myriad in the world's biological history. How the hell did man develop from single cell entities if it didn't? DNA mutates quite naturally and produces new functionality. That's what it does. However, evolution does't happen overnight. It's a fantastically slow process and takes millions of years. Ham knows this and uses it to support his shit. Nye should have been all over Ham like a rash on that one. Sadly, he didn't.
Apologies - it was E Coli - not amoeba.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

To save watching a 2.75 hour epic, with far too much Hamspeak - this is a reasonable summary.
Of course, Nye won, and Ham is a thick cunt.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #8
mondrian

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
To save watching a 2.75 hour epic, with far too much Hamspeak - this is a reasonable summary.
Of course, Nye won, and Ham is a thick cunt.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #9
mondrian

Other things that Ham does that really gets up my nose is that he calls upon 2-3 scientists that believe in creationism implying that there's a lot of scientists who believe likewise. What he neglects to say is that 90% of scientists believe that creationism is total shit.

He also identifies an issue with current thinking and then uses that example to destroy current thinking. For example, E Coli's ability to metabolise citrate being due to the switching on of an existing gene, according to Ham, implies that DNA doesn't produce new functionality - cunt.

Also, does he attack and prove current thinking is wrong? No - because he can't. He just puts forward his own idiotic ideas. Fuckwit.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #10
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I wonder if the credulous dolts funding AiG are happy with Hammy's $120k+ 'salary'? and a free internet cookie if anybody can find how much personal wealth the sleazebag has creamed into amassed in his coffers.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 02-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #11
Davin
Obsessed Member

That summary is much better than the debate.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 AM   #12
mondrian

... And that's why religion persists in spite of the fact that, logically, it should have died out long ago. It has now become BIG BUSINESS.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #13
Node18

nye mopped the floor with him

I hear Bovina gives incredibly good blowjobs. What do you think Choobus?
anyone who can swallow the catholic turdology with such enthusiasm must have practically no gag reflex
Node18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #14
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Tee-fucking-hee!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 02-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #15
Davin
Obsessed Member

Must be one funny looking line if I'm on the same side of it as Pat Robertson...

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote