Old 04-18-2007, 06:43 PM   #16
Eva
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
GodlessHeathen wrote
YES!!!! A new conspiracy theorist nutjob for people to pick apart!

Maybe now we'll stop picking on each other for a while and the mood around here will improve.
Oh, but what about all of those poor misguided Nobel laureates who have wasted entire careers on useless bafflegab?

I am sure that 69xxx is heaven-sent to give us purpose and direction. I may predict a Lilyesque exchange is coming.

This guy(?) has a neat stable of (perhaps German) writers (I hesitate to call them authors) who would overturn the sciences that provide their medicine and health care.

Evolution may be wrong. After all it is just the best supported theory since gravity and only slightly better attested than Heliocentrism.

The main question I have is whether we will consume him in a short, but exciting bonfire or nip at him till he retreats like all the rest.
but, sterny, i forcibly retreated him this morning....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #17
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote
Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
GodlessHeathen wrote
YES!!!! A new conspiracy theorist nutjob for people to pick apart!

Maybe now we'll stop picking on each other for a while and the mood around here will improve.
Oh, but what about all of those poor misguided Nobel laureates who have wasted entire careers on useless bafflegab?

I am sure that 69xxx is heaven-sent to give us purpose and direction. I may predict a Lilyesque exchange is coming.

This guy(?) has a neat stable of (perhaps German) writers (I hesitate to call them authors) who would overturn the sciences that provide their medicine and health care.

Evolution may be wrong. After all it is just the best supported theory since gravity and only slightly better attested than Heliocentrism.

The main question I have is whether we will consume him in a short, but exciting bonfire or nip at him till he retreats like all the rest.
but, sterny, i forcibly retreated him this morning....
I didn't know. Awwwwwwwwwwww .... OK, set 'em up in the other alley...

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:57 PM   #18
Eva
Super Moderator

oh he'll be back, don't you worry your pretty little head........

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #19
Rat Bastard

Don't feel bad, you did the right thing, Eva. That guy is just a continuation of Kilik/Cobra/...