Old 08-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
Method21

SR down the drain?!
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=64324
Old 08-16-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

One of the, if not THE biggest scientific achievement of this century, and no major news outlets have picked up on it?

Hmmm...

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #3
Choobus
I Live Here

That doesn't violate special relativity, it just shows how relativity doesn't take quantum physics into account. Fucking nazis.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

A few other lower level outlets have picked it up.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

WOW..Christ-psychotics will claim this is the way Jesus communicates with his creations, via Quatum Christ-psychosis tunneling.....into the synaptic speed where a Christ wormhole is found...:lol:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:31 PM   #6
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
WOW..Christ-psychotics will claim this is the way Jesus communicates with his creations, via Quatum Christ-psychosis tunneling.....into the synaptic speed where a Christ wormhole is found...:lol:
Is it just me or is Cal deteriorating into a crazy person? Every one of his recent posts mentions Christ-psychosis and/or damaged minds- even where you wouldn't expect it.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
Method21

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Is it just me or is Cal deteriorating into a crazy person? Every one of his recent posts mentions Christ-psychosis and/or damaged minds- even where you wouldn't expect it.
Just Cal bein' Cal!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Method21 wrote
Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Just Cal bein' Cal!
Yup...it is fun to let religious psychosis induced dopamine flow into my logic center bliding them momentarily with pleasurable delusions that have nothing to do with reality. Only we mentally healthy folks,aka atheist, can enjoy moments of Christ-psychosis delusions, then return to normal sane thinking after enjoying its fantasies. Just like seen a movie or going to DysneyLand. Christians usually take DysneyLand with them identifying themselves with its characters...:lol:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #9
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
That's the beauty of it.....sudden impact when least expected :)

Old 08-17-2007, 04:54 AM   #10
Rat Bastard

We've known for decades that the group velocity can exceed the speed of light. That phenomenon has been observed for electromagnetic waves propagaing in waveguides, and elsewhere.

On a side note, did anyone read the comments? Someone named "Lurker" posted. Just when you thought it was safe to read the news...... :lol:
Old 08-17-2007, 06:21 AM   #11
whoneedscience

It seems science news sources can't resist a headline like "New Discovery Destroys Previously Held Truths about the Universe", when it comes to evolution or physics. I proceed to read the article thinking something major happened and then by the time I reach the actual explanation, it's something that I seem to recall learning about in High School.

I mean fuck, every schmuck who's heard anything about QM knows about quantum tunnelling. It shouldn't be that much of a shock that what has been well-documented for decades for electrons and other particles would also happen to particles of light. Honesty, it's insulting. No wonder half the population thinks it's reasonable to believe in pseudo-science like creationism.

I also read something a couple days ago that some research suggests that the human evolutionary tree had a lot more branches than just H. erectus, habilis, etc.. Well duh, anyone with any understanding of evolution knows that that's how it works, but the article has to go and say that it was completely unexpected and overturns everything we thought we knew about human evolution. Every Jetard in the country is going to read this kind of stuff and say "look, the scientists can't get anything right so they must be wrong about all of evolution", when really the whole argument, as much as there may or may not have even been one, took place within the fucking framework of natural selection.

And that's all not even considering the big deal that was made out of "Genetic Eve" a couple years ago. The nutjobs were pouring out of the walls saying "I told you so" for a week, and all the time with the encouragement of the media, while I stabbed my eyes out with a spoon trying to explain that exactly that kind of thing would be expected in an evolutionary model. Common ancestry you fucking idiots. I guess they eventually tired of it when they found out that Eve would have been black.

[/rant]
Old 08-17-2007, 07:14 AM   #12
Wakkun

Quote:
whoneedscience wrote
Every Jetard in the country is going to read this kind of stuff and say "look, the scientists can't get anything right so they must be wrong about all of evolution"
Well represented here by "scientists have some explaining to do" Xans. Mr Everyjeetard himself :lol:
Old 08-17-2007, 07:15 AM   #13
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Only we mentally healthy folks,aka atheist, can enjoy moments of Christ-psychosis delusions, then return to normal sane thinking after enjoying its fantasies.
No!
That's JUST YOU!!

Speak for yourself, Cal!

PS. Reality is FUCKING AWESOME man! :D

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #14
whoneedscience

Quote:
Method21 wrote
Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Just Cal bein' Cal!
And Cal is insane, yes. But he's kinda like the crazy grandfather who no one has the heart to commit.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #15
Rocketman the Sequel

Man--where have you been--all of Cals posts include the term Christ-Psychosis and always have---it's nothing new.