Old 01-14-2015, 06:23 AM   #151
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post

Please be aware I may not answer straight away for one of many reasons:
1 I am ignoring you
2 I am too busy with real life
3 I'm actually working with mad murderers and people who think raping a 3 month old baby is a neat idea.

so don't worry
Oh my, all those "I's", often an indicator of the dreaded NPD.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:39 AM   #152
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
LOL yes- but I'm only toying with the twit when I have to write and thus inevitably procrastinate - so feel free to read everything I ever wrote before as I don't have much free time.

Although being called an apologist irked me for about five seconds I must say ...........
I can get that some people want to dehumanize and/or shame people they disagree with. It's very common. That thing kind of backfires though, because they are irrationally declaring theists crazy because they are irrational... making themselves crazy by their own reasoning. But I doubt that they will see it.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #153
Francis

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Wrong again, Bozo.

Quote:
It’s very shocking when supposedly intelligent people seriously consider the idea of our universe being a simulation. Reminiscent of flies attracted to a rotting carcass, hypothetically intelligent people are drawn to this idea of reality being simulated. Note how David Chamlers considers the metaphysics of the Matrix. The simulation argument is merely an escapist fantasy, intellectual decay, a new form of religion, a topic in my opinion fit only for discussion by daydreamers or people tripping on magic mushrooms or LSD. Very worryingly many respected media organizations give credence to the simulation meme. The notion of our universe being simulated is anti-intellectualism therefore we must fiercely oppose it.
The realm of simulation thinking is comparable, in my opinion, to a situation where people on hallucinogens invent wacky theories about flying pink elephants. I’m definitely not stating simulation devotees are high on LSD or any other drug. The point is merely metaphoric or analogous regarding similarities between Abbie Hoffman levitating the Pentagon and simulation devotees thinking we are living in a computer program.
By the end of this critique you will hopefully agree my logic corroborates a classification of nonsense, stupidity, religion, psychedelia, or mysticism applicable to the simulation argument and its devotees.
There are blatant similarities between religion, New Ageism, insanity, and the mind-bending consequences of psychoactive drugs but these categories of irrational thinking are subtly different to each other. The connecting theme is irrationality or stupidity. The idea of our universe being a simulation is a new type of irrationality similar to previous categories of irrationality.
http://hplusmagazine.com/2012/11/09/...tion-nonsense/

Well rant on. Probably felt good. But scientists and engineers have known for many years that you don't find reality by feelings of superiority or chills up the spine. You find them by testing, and by accepting the results of the test, whether it agrees with your philosophy or not.

So rant away, but all the rant is is an illustration of you being closed to scientific ideas
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:01 PM   #154
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
I can get that some people want to dehumanize and/or shame people they disagree with. It's very common. That thing kind of backfires though, because they are irrationally declaring theists crazy because they are irrational... making themselves crazy by their own reasoning. But I doubt that they will see it.
So, irrationality = Sanity!

How rational.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 01-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #155
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
So, irrationality = Sanity!

How rational.

Who said that? Are you OK?

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #156
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Who said that? Are you OK?
Davin wrote
Quote:
I can get that some people want to dehumanize and/or shame people they disagree with. It's very common. That thing kind of backfires though, because they are irrationally declaring theists crazy because they are irrational... making themselves crazy by their own reasoning.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #157
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Davin wrote
And where in that do I say that irrationality = sanity?

What I said is that irrationality =/= insanity.

But if you're going to make the irrational claim that irrationality = insanity... well then you're declaring yourself insane.