Old 07-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #601
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #602
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily Liver wrote View Post
"The evil man cannot endure the sight of goodness in another. Instead of finding in it some alleviation of the torture of his own wretched condition, he sees in it only the constant accusation of his own wickedness ; and therefore there is kindled in him a bitter hatred of goodness, which naturally grows into a hatred of God Himself, who is absolute goodness." (Expository Times, v.4 (1892/1893), p. 355.
A wonderfully pure expression of the essential hypocrisy of the God-burdened.

Of course those who base their life on a non-existent yet hateful entity cannot tolerate either scrutiny or criticism.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #603
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
I'd totally squirt mayo in those buns.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #604
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
"The evil man cannot endure the sight of goodness in another. Instead of finding in it some alleviation of the torture of his own wretched condition, he sees in it only the constant accusation of his own wickedness ; and therefore there is kindled in him a bitter hatred of goodness, which naturally grows into a hatred of God Himself, who is absolute goodness." (Expository Times, v.4 (1892/1893), p. 355.
That speaks volumes about you, Lily! Have you found in our forum the alleviation of the torture of your own wretched condition that you seek?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:12 AM   #605
Kate

Old 07-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #606
Lily

Jealousy is an awkward homage which inferiority renders to merit. ~Mme. de Puixieux
Old 07-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #607
wohaz

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #608
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Lily, Sarah Palin may be the essence of goodness to you, but I, personally, think she is rather banal and a downright fraud, to boot. I certainly don't see the good in her nefarious and self-serving pandering to the baser instincts in her parochial, paranoid, uncharitable and racist acolytes. I am dubious as to whether or not Palin actually believes her own bullshit, but I would call her political aspirations misguided, if not evil.

And you, by the way, are no standard bearer of virtue, either. At least, not that I have seen, judging by your copious postings over these last nearly 3 years. In fact, there is a lot of "wickedness" that I have seen in you. They include extreme narcissism, dishonesty, hypocrisy, and, most troubling, an ideological meglomania arising from intense xenophobia and malice directed towards those who do not share your values, religion and lifestyle.

You're free to disagree with my assessment of you, but these qualities do not, in any way, shape or form embody "goodness." Incidentally, neither does your conception of a god figure for whom I bear no real hatred as there is no evidence that this god of yours is anything more than a figment of the collective imaginations of those who believe, sight unseen, that it exists. Admittedly, some of them I can't abide.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #609
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Jealousy is an awkward homage which inferiority renders to merit. ~Mme. de Puixieux
And you flatter yourself without cause if you truly believe anyone here is jealous of you or Palin. You certainly do not merit my jealously, nor do I feel any kind of inferiority in relation to either of you.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 07-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #610
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I'm a little jealous of Lily because she appears to be wasted 24/7.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #611
Kate

Old 07-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #612
Lily

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
And you flatter yourself without cause if you truly believe anyone here is jealous of you or Palin. You certainly do not merit my jealously, nor do I feel any kind of inferiority in relation to either of you.
It is amazing, really amazing, how shallow most of you are; how utterly incapable of true wit, subtlety or understanding of anything more complex than a decision between Coke or Pepsi.

Since you won't have gotten that, I will spell it out for you. I am not speaking of myself and have not been. The subject is Sarah Palin and the fury she arouses in people of no accomplishments, little moral depth and no ability to see beyond their own immediate wants and hates. What vice-presidential candidate has ever been smeared and slandered, as she has? The election has been over now for nearly 9 months, yet the fury continues. Can you even name another ex vice-presidential candidate without thinking about it? Yet the press can't get enough of Palin and continues to hound and smear her. Why?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #613
Kate

Old 07-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #614
Kate

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
hound and smear her
OK!

Old 07-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #615
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
It is amazing, really amazing, how shallow most of you are; how utterly incapable of true wit, subtlety or understanding of anything more complex than a decision between Coke or Pepsi.

Since you won't have gotten that, I will spell it out for you. I am not speaking of myself and have not been. The subject is Sarah Palin and the fury she arouses in people of no accomplishments, little moral depth and no ability to see beyond their own immediate wants and hates. What vice-presidential candidate has ever been smeared and slandered, as she has? The election has been over now for nearly 9 months, yet the fury continues. Can you even name another ex vice-presidential candidate without thinking about it? Yet the press can't get enough of Palin and continues to hound and smear her. Why?
It's amazing, really amazing how shallow you are; how utterly incapable you are of discerning that I understood those were your feeble attempts at defending Palin and, by extension, your specific values.

You don't need to spell anything out for me, as I know what the topic is. The thread title pretty much tells the story: "A Look At Sarah Palin. Your commentary on "our" inability to see beyond our own immediate wants and hates is merely a reflection of your own immediate wants and hates.

Yes, the election has been over for nearly 9 months, and Palin-- despite her abandoning the duties to which she was elected-- continues to foist herself upon the national public. If she had just gone back home to Wasilla or the state capital, Juneau, to continue the job she was elected by the voters in her state to do instead egregiously famewhoring in the hopes of either greater financial gain or a berth on the next GOP presidential ticket, few here would even be talking about her.

Palin is not being smeared nor hounded. She has brought her "troubles" upon herself. Other losing vice presidential candidates had the decency to go back to relative obscurity once their legitimate time in the spotlight was over. Palin seems to dislike obscurity (even though the spotlight reveals her to be a dim bulb with no real political talent beyond pandering to dumbasses), and that is nobody's fault but her own.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox