Old 08-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #1126
dogpet
Obsessed Member

I take it the snide remark was about me using British vernacular & references. Have you ever considered that people from other countries might not have a clue what you are talking about half the time? A reader would be forgiven for thinking you come across a wee bit parochial on occasion.

Edited to say, now that we should be safe from that ridiculously dense woman's influence this feels like an intrusion on private grief. So, carry on...

thank goodness he's on our side

Last edited by dogpet; 08-18-2009 at 02:39 PM.
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #1127
Lily

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
All that proves is that there are a lot of idiots online. I think we all knew that already. (How many does she have? The UK pirate party has 3500, and Ashton Kitchen has a million apparently.)

I really wonder why people care about Palin's views not because she is a right wing nutter but because she is demonstrably dim. If the right would let their intellectuals speak up (and they do have them) instead of the Palin-Limbaugh-Beck triune of shit-for-brains it would be a lot easier to respect them even while disagreeing.
Demonstrate that she is dim please. I and millions of others have some how got the notion that she is one sharp lady.

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post

This is getting ridiculous. I mean, this isn't even like shooting fish in a barrel anymore, it's like fish blowing their own brains out for you.
Oh? Do feel free to provide the requested demonstration.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #1128
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Demonstrate that she is dim please. I and millions of others have some how got the notion that she is one sharp lady.

This is getting ridiculous. I mean, this isn't even like shooting fish in a barrel anymore, it's like fish blowing their own brains out for you.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #1129
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Did you see that interview with Couric?

Is Palin of average or below average intelligence? You betcha!

And lay off the time travelling quotes.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #1130
Lily

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
Did you see that interview with Couric?

Is Palin of average or below average intelligence? You betcha!

And lay off the time travelling quotes.
Read the unedited transcript of the interview and get back to me. It is available.

What time travelling quotes? What are they?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:07 PM   #1131
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Read the unedited transcript of the interview and get back to me. It is available.

What time travelling quotes? What are they?
Sorry, I simply can't bring myself to spend any time demonstrating that Palin is Dim. That seems like a foolish waste of time. If she's not as simple as she seems then she ought to hire new PR staff.

As for time travelling quotes, you quoted NKB before he posted the original comment. (or so it appears)

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 08-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #1132
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote
And from today's news of the NHS:

A young mother gave birth on a pavement outside a hospital after she was told to make her own way there.

Mother-of-three Carmen Blake called her midwife to ask for an ambulance when she went into labour unexpectedly with her fourth child. But the 27-year-old claims she was refused an ambulance and told to walk the 100m from her house in Leicester to the city's nearby Royal Infirmary.
Mmmmm, anecdotally tragic.

In the United States in 2008, 6.5% of the population was prevented from receiving medical care due to costs.

Centers for Disease Control

Quote:
Lily wrote
And in Vancouver

Vancouver patients needing neurosurgery, treatment for vascular diseases and other medically necessary procedures can expect to wait longer for care, NDP health critic Adrian Dix said Monday.

Dix said a Vancouver Coastal Health Authority document shows it is considering chopping more than 6,000 surgeries in an effort to make up for a dramatic budgetary shortfall that could reach $200 million.
Delays in a small number of elective surgeries during an economic crisis. Terrifying.

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
I suppose Saddam Obama would still be alive but we'd have plenty of cash to insure everybody and his brother.
Would have gone to tax cuts.

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
Again, nobody is saying that the Jindal-Palin sex tape exists, or that John McCain makes an appearance in it wearing a gimp mask (but easily recognizable due to his wrinkled form and distinctive speech)
My... my... my friends!!!!!!

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
These MSNBC people are obviously a bunch of tools. What relevance does this have to the discussion about the stupidity of Palin?
Quote:
Victus in the Art of Moo wrote
3. When the discussion takes a bad turn, attempt to change topics without anyone noticing.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #1133
Lily

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
Sorry, I simply can't bring myself to spend any time demonstrating that Palin is Dim. That seems like a foolish waste of time. If she's not as simple as she seems then she ought to hire new PR staff.

As for time travelling quotes, you quoted NKB before he posted the original comment. (or so it appears)
In other words, you don't have any first-hand knowledge but are allowing the media whores who shill for Obama to tell you what to think.

Okaaaay.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #1134
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
In other words, you don't have any first-hand knowledge but are allowing the media whores who shill for Obama to tell you what to think.

Okaaaay.
When you use the phrase "in other words" it is customary to say the same thing using different words, rather than just using different words, which usually also results in saying something different (due to the nature and varied usage of words). None of us have first hand knowledge of Palin unless we have met her. I have seen her on tv interviews and in debates where she usually makes herself look unintelligent. I came to this conclusion during her disturbing vice presidential bid and therefore have had no reason to change it since. MAybe she doesn't think that being able to see russia is a good substitute for foreign policy experience, and maybe she does know that Africa is a continent, and perhaps she didn't attend six different colleges, but she does come across in one on one interviews as a simpleton. That doesn't prove that she's dim, but it does make me glad that she's not in the white house.

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 08-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #1135
Lily

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
I came to this conclusion during her disturbing vice presidential bid and therefore have had no reason to change it since. MAybe she doesn't think that being able to see russia is a good substitute for foreign policy experience, and maybe she does know that Africa is a continent, and perhaps she didn't attend six different colleges, but she does come across in one on one interviews as a simpleton. That doesn't prove that she's dim, but it does make me glad that she's not in the white house.
Your views of her have been shaped by an Obama worshipping media and Saturday Night Live! Are you really unaware that she did not say that she could see Russia from her house? That was Tina Fey. Obama stated twice in public that there are 57 states and I heard him say it. Once is a slip of the tongue. Twice is a problem. Does that bother you at all? I have never heard Palin say that Africa is a country which would be the equivalent if she had stated it twice. Unless she did such a thing twice, her geographic knowledge appears to exceed the Kenyan's.

Your views are all second hand and exactly what the Obama machine and the media intended to be your views.

I am not impressed.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #1136
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post

Your views are all second hand and exactly what the Obama machine and the media intended to be your views.

I am not impressed.
Let me know when you get back from crazytown. Saturday night live and/or the "Obama loving media" had no part in making Palin look like a simple minded fool during the presidential debates: she did that on her own.

do you have "first hand" knowledge of the secret genius of Sarah?

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 08-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #1137
Kamikaze189

Quote:
Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 wrote
"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border."
Quote:
Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009 wrote
"I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out."
Quote:
Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 wrote
"Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―"
Quote:
Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 wrote
"All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years."
Quote:
Sarah Palin, suggesting we are at war with Iran, FOX News interview, Nov. 1, 2008 wrote
"We realize that more and more Americans are starting to see the light there and understand the contrast. And we talk a lot about, OK, we're confident that we're going to win on Tuesday, so from there, the first 100 days, how are we going to kick in the plan that will get this economy back on the right track and really shore up the strategies that we need over in Iraq and Iran to win these wars?"
Quote:
Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in Greensoboro, N.C., Oct. 16, 2008 wrote
"We believe that the best of America is not all in Washington, D.C. ... We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America, being here with all of you hard working very patriotic, um, very, um, pro-America areas of this great nation."
Quote:
Jon Stewart, speaking about Palin to a college audience in Boston wrote
"She said that small towns, that's the part of the country she really likes going to because that's the pro-America part of the country. You know, I just want to say to her, just very quickly: Fuck you."
Quote:
Sarah Palin, asked if people who bomb abortion clinics are terrorists, NBC News interview, Oct. 23, 2008 wrote
"I don't know if you're going to use the word 'terrorist' there."

“Whoever attacks the popular falsehoods of his time will find that a lie defends itself by telling other lies.” - Robert Ingersoll
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #1138
Lily

Read the Couric transcript. Then get back to me. I am having a real problem understanding what problem you have with most of the other "quotes".
Old 08-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #1139
Lily

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
Let me know when you get back from crazytown. Saturday night live and/or the "Obama loving media" had no part in making Palin look like a simple minded fool during the presidential debates: she did that on her own.

do you have "first hand" knowledge of the secret genius of Sarah?
Choobus, strive for honesty. She did not participate in the presidential debates. The two men running for President did. In the one vice presidential debate, she wiped the floor with Joe Biden who lied or misspoke repeatedly. Of course, I don't blame you for not knowing that since the Obamatron press did not report it.

If you think she looked simple-minded then your judgment is addled. She was on topic, slow Joe was, well slow. His senate colleagues didn't give him that nickname because he is a mental giant, you know. He gets away with it only because he is an amiable dunce. But heads up-- he very likely won't be on the ticket next time. He has embarrassed Obama a few too many times already and there are 3 years yet to go!

There is a huge streak of sexism in your insistence, though you know nothing from your own research, that Palin is simple minded. Of course, I have never believed your protestations of "equality". this is the home of "cuntgate" after all. You guys can't turn around without revealing your true attitudes towards women, particularly good-looking women.

Nobody knows anything at "first hand" about any national candidate these days besides a tiny circle. But we do have their records. Oops, no we don't have Obama's record. It has been scrubbed clean. But we do have Palin's record as a business woman, a mayor and a governor to look at. I am not going to refight this battle. The very fact that she is still huge news says it all. The fact that every time she sips a cup of coffee, it makes the news testifies to how big a power player she is. The fact that she accomplished the killing of the "death panels" within a week of tackling them, says even more. She is a woman to be reckoned with and we love that you libs continue to underestimate her.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #1140
Kamikaze189

Start with this.

Quote:
Couric: And when it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?

Palin: I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media.

Couric: What, specifically?

Palin: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years.

Couric: Can you name a few?

Palin: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, "Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?" Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.
It doesn't sound to me like she reads. She said she "read" them, past tense. That's believable. But she doesn't read enough to remember the name of any newspapers.

“Whoever attacks the popular falsehoods of his time will find that a lie defends itself by telling other lies.” - Robert Ingersoll
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote