Old 05-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #1456
Irreligious
I Live Here

Cal, my friend, there are plenty of self-professed atheists who are irrational. Wouldn't you agree?

And not all Christians support what Sarah Palin espouses. By the same token, I'm sure Ms. Palin can count a few atheists among her supporters.

Do we really need to put ourselves on a pedestal just because we're not religious?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #1457
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Cal, my friend, there are plenty of self-professed atheists who are irrational. Wouldn't you agree?

And not all Christians support what Sarah Palin espouses. By the same token, I'm sure Ms. Palin can count a few atheists among her supporters.

Do we really need to put ourselves on a pedestal just because we're not religious?
Yes I agree. There are many non believers that have a problem with their brains suffering from schizophrenia, TL epilepsy etc.

Even a non believer that is unaware of infrasound & magnetism effects on the brain could become doubtful of his/her lack of belief.
Infrasound can make one sense a presence & even see ghosts.

I know not all Christians support what Sarah Palin spouses, but by definition of what a Christian is we must realize that despite the thousand of Christian sects, there is one thing ALL must accept as true. That a person named Jesus Christ ( redeemer, hero, head priest savior) is the son of god who performed miracles defying the laws of nature like the resurrecting of dead people, etc....a godman that was "crucified" then resurrected to save with blood for the sin committed by a mud created man & his rib created woman when they accepted a forbidden fruit from a talking snake!

Granted that many Christian sects specially the creators of Christianity, the RCC, see those miracles as metaphors, but the resurrected Zombie at the center of the belief CAN NOT be seen as a metaphor. If one is a christian one MUST accept these schizophrenia like beliefs as if they represented REALITY, despite how well educated and how many PHD's one has....and MANY do, in ALL faiths, the reason I see belief in the imaginary friend god by educated folks as a neurological disorder. After all the BRAIN creates it.

Delusions happens in ALL religious faiths which are then ACCEPTED as reality, and they are NO DIFFERENT to those delusions produced by malfunctioning brains ( schizotypal, schizophrenic, delayed, manic-depressed, bi-polar, savant, synesthese & others) which are also accepted as true.
Granted that many people can feign belief to be accepted in their society. I do not think Sarah Palin, her pastor or congregation do. Remember the saying:
One can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time?

The reason of this is due to the dictum I ALWAYS follow:

The more one knows the more difficult it is for others to LIE.
This is the reason I do research always making the connections to broader my knowledge & understanding of our Universe, how it is perceived by our brains, its mechanism & architecture. Faith is a psychosis that will make us extinct if we do not expose it as a disorder that hides under a benevolent fantasy accepting disorder not unlike a hidden unknown form of schizophrenia.

We humans are simply evolved mutated crazy Apes that created the delusions of god with their brains, we must always keep this proven fact in mind.

A perfect example of my postulated Christophrenia which infects Sarah Palin is the Texas Board of Education. Are those morons in Christ feigning belief in Christ? I think not, the reason I made this video yesterday. The perverted Christ-psychosis infected imbeciles want to keep children retarded & stupid.
The ONLY way those moron can be stopped is by neuroscientists stepping in an declaring Belief in a Resurrected Zombie in this 21st Century a dangerous neurological disorder detrimental to the mental health of students. If this is not addressed the retards WILL continue teaching creationism & pseudoscience, resulting in intolerance stagnating the intellect of Americans keeping them more retarded that they already are.

Synthetic Life was created due to the scientist having a mentally healthy, aka atheist, brain. This will crush the Texas B of E. christophrenia infected retards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzCrkl1lm-4

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.

Last edited by calpurnpiso; 05-26-2010 at 01:01 PM.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:31 AM   #1458
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Despite all the shit heaped her way, is it a realistic possibility that the doziest of moosebrains could become Madame President?

Quote:
Speculation that she will run for President in 2012 is reaching fever pitch.
Or did I dream it?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:49 AM   #1459
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Despite all the shit heaped her way, is it a realistic possibility that the doziest of moosebrains could become Madame President?

Or did I dream it?
I think she'll run, and some childish part of me hopes that she does because: 1) the Democrats would almost certainly win and 2) it would be extremely entertaining TV for like 2 years. On the other hand, there's the vanishingly small possibility that she could actually win, which is terrifying.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 AM   #1460
nkb
He who walks among the theists

I'm with Victus. The entertainment factor would be huge, but we always have to keep in mind that Merkins voted for Bush. Twice!

The big question is, would the enjoyment be worth the risk?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #1461
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Victus wrote View Post
I think she'll run, and some childish part of me hopes that she does because: 1) the Democrats would almost certainly win and 2) it would be extremely entertaining TV for like 2 years. On the other hand, there's the vanishingly small possibility that she could actually win, which is terrifying.
Vanishingly small? I wish! You have a high estimation of teh Merkin public's intelligence. Like NKB said...

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #1462
merkin

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Vanishingly small? I wish! You have a high estimation of teh Merkin public's intelligence. Like NKB said...
He has a high estimation of my pubic intelligence? How would he have any knowledge of anything pubic about me?

Palin has hit the mother lode. She is making 5 to 7 million dollars a year for giving the same stump speech over and over. She quit the governorship to make money. I would think that the last thing she would want would be to run for President and win. The Presidency requires some real work and the pay is only solidly Republican middle class at best at $400,000 a year. The best for her would be to run and lose. And to have Obama reelected, of course. There is more money in criticizing him than there is in being or supporting a sitting Republican President.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." -- Bertrand Russell
merkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #1463
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
merkin wrote View Post
She quit the governorship to make money.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #1464
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
I don't really need to have a high estimation of their intelligence. My understanding is that the majority not only would vote for someone other than her, but view her as categorically unqualified for office. Unless she starts saying some intelligent things fairly soon, she is basically shut out of being President by the general election. Anyone that isn't a die-hard Republican thinks she's borderline retarded and/or dangerous, and there aren't enough die-hard Republicans to win an election single-handedly.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Old 09-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #1465
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
merkin wrote View Post
He has a high estimation of my pubic intelligence? How would he have any knowledge of anything pubic about me?

well I got it

*but still failed to catch the 'pubic' bit lol

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #1466
nkb

Quote:
Victus wrote View Post
I don't really need to have a high estimation of their intelligence. My understanding is that the majority not only would vote for someone other than her, but view her as categorically unqualified for office. Unless she starts saying some intelligent things fairly soon, she is basically shut out of being President by the general election. Anyone that isn't a die-hard Republican thinks she's borderline retarded and/or dangerous, and there aren't enough die-hard Republicans to win an election single-handedly.
But how do you explain people voting for Dubya (twice)? I guarantee he's never appeared to be intelligent in his entire life.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #1467
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
But how do you explain people voting for Dubya (twice)? I guarantee he's never appeared to be intelligent in his entire life.
From memory, Bush always convinced ~30-40% of the population that he was qualified (even if not ideal) for the job, even when his approval rating was at its lowest during the financial crisis of 2007-2008. If he could have run for a third term, I almost certainly would have lost in a landslide. People didn't like Bush, most accepted that he was qualified until the economy collapsed.

Palin, as of the last round of polls I remember, has a "qualified to President" rating somewhere south of 30% (70% unqualified). Nevermind that most people disagree with her, 70% think she's literally not fit for duty. Even approaching a majority in a gneeral election is well beyond her abilities.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #1468
nkb

I hope you're right, dude, I really do.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #1469
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
I hope you're right, dude, I really do.
Me too. I certainly don't want to read about President Palin in the newspaper.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 AM   #1470
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

In light of recent goings-on, anybody care to offer an update on how happy they'd be to see this loon in the Whitish House?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote