Old 09-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
GeneralHeresy

The Idiot's Guide to Indoctrination

http://theidiotsguidetoindoctrination.blogspot.ca/

I've been working on a blog to show a good deal of the ridiculousness of the foundations of the faithful. I thought I might open a thread and keep everyone here updated. Please drop your comments as you see fit.

I hope to get some good discussion going!
GeneralHeresy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

I am sure it can't beat the incredible edible thread...

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Hmmm - "No Comments" - I wonder why.
Yup, I'll stick with Incredibly Edible Jebus.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
GeneralHeresy

Being new here, I'm not sure I follow...sounds interesting regardless
Old 09-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

The Incredible Edible Jesus

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Aw, Smelly, he meant "new" as in, "I'm here to spam my shite and not bother to look even once to see what that is, as I am a lazy fucker."

You should charge for doing the other kids' homework. You might could quit your day job.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:16 AM   #7
Michael
Obsessed Member

Incredible Edible Jesus is delicious.

Also welcome, should you choose to stay with us!
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:20 AM   #8
GeneralHeresy

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Aw, Smelly, he meant "new" as in, "I'm here to spam my shite and not bother to look even once to see what that is, as I am a lazy fucker."

You should charge for doing the other kids' homework. You might could quit your day job.
Well, some of you certainly can be terse and assholish to newcomers it seems, but I'll be staying. Thank you for the welcome Michael.

Sorry Kate that I haven't got around to reading every thread here. I guess by new I mean to say that I just got signed in here and happen to have a life outside of the internet and while I enjoy these forums, choose not to spend the whole of my life in them.

I appreciate you all though. I'm not spamming, that's for sure. One post does not a spammer make. I'm glad we got off on the right foot. I'm sure my stay here will be a riot. You guys don't kid when you say 'raving'.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
Davin
Obsessed Member

Posting a link on your first post, does a spammer make. At least from our side of the mirror.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #10
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

To be fair, he did wait till his second post to link to his tediously boringly written shite that no-one has commented on to date.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
GeneralHeresy

"our" side of the mirror? My apologies, I didn't realize that all "Raving" atheists worked via a collective mind. The point of the link was to open up discussion about some of the posts I've done on my blog.

Oh! And just so you know and hopefully understand the meaning of the word you're throwing around here, here is the Webster Dictionary definition of 'Spamming':

spammingpresent participle of spam

Verb:Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

Pretty sure posting my link once on one message on one thread on this forum does NOT a spammer make. Thank you. At least on this side of the English language.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #12
GeneralHeresy

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
To be fair, he did wait till his second post to link to his tediously boringly written shite that no-one has commented on to date.
Yes I'm sorry, I should get more poop jokes and silly mad-raving ridiculousness into my posts before I can be accepted by the brunt of the overbearingly outspoken members of this forum.

I'll get right on that.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #13
West491
Obsessed Member

Doest not thou art a spammer make hitherto.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
Irreligious
I Live Here

Hi, General.

I'm sure you didn't mean it, but the effect of your entreaty to visit your blog is akin to a self-invited guest arriving at an established gathering merely to announce that there's a better and more interesting gathering to be had elsewhere.

Whether that's called spamming or attempting to steal other people's patrons, it's impolite. It doesn't matter where you do it. Whether it's here, elsewhere on the internet, at a house party, a restaurant or an auto mechanic's garage, the patrons, and most certainly the proprietors, are going to view behavior like that as self-serving.

Otherwise, good luck with your blog.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote View Post
"our" side of the mirror? My apologies, I didn't realize that all "Raving" atheists worked via a collective mind. The point of the link was to open up discussion about some of the posts I've done on my blog.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was dealing with an idiot. If you're approaching a group (like say an internet forum), you're going to be outside of the group, thus having a side of things. This group doesn't operate by a collective mind, very far from it. But thanks for showing your irrational generalization side, it's good to get to know people.

Quote:
GeneralHeresy wrote
Oh! And just so you know and hopefully understand the meaning of the word you're throwing around here, here is the Webster Dictionary definition of 'Spamming':

spammingpresent participle of spam

Verb:Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

Pretty sure posting my link once on one message on one thread on this forum does NOT a spammer make. Thank you. At least on this side of the English language.
Look, I understand that the concept of other people's points of view might be too difficult for you but here I go anyway:

The useful definition of spam to a person who mods a forum, is just the behavior of the potential spammer. Is a mod supposed to go and research every single link post to see if it had been spammed to various other places? No, because anyone who has been on the internet for more than two days should understand that joining a forum and immediately posting a link to something promoting themselves, is a pretty clear sign that the person is a spammer. Which is why people on the internet have a different catigorization of spam, people colloquially refer to things that look like potential spam, as spam.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote