Old 05-25-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
Broga
Obsessed Member

Murphy O'Connor is back (RC Archbishop)

Sorry guys, you don't deserve this but the BBC don't wont to know. I woke up this morning at 6 am (Sunday) and switched on the bedside radio. And there it was: Murph was to be interviewed on the Sunday Programme on BBC at 7am. At that time and I was already up in the hills with my dogs. However, Murph was to proclaim that although the British Parliament had decided that they would approve stem cell research or whatever and would not reduce the time when women could have abortions Murph was saying, I paraphrase, "fuck off, this is too important to leave to a democratically elected government, and I do not agree."

As usuall the BBC which censors sceptics with a Stalinist rigour from its Thought for the Day religious programme gave Murph a trailer into the programme and no no doubt a respectful hearing. So, a celibate bigot (I assume) unmarried is shouting the odds on publicly funded BBC radio about how women should treat their own bodies. At the same time this truly grisly example of religious bigotry is against contraception.

He also has a sick record in protecting paedophile priests. Why doesn't the BBC ask him some questions about that?
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Because the BBC as well as the vast majority of Brits are infected with Christ-psychosis. The few mentally healthy, aka atheists, within their ranks abstain from making facts based remarks.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
psychodiva
I Live Here

Cal- you might want to read this (admittedly long) article about Christianity in Britain

ops here is the link

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
Isilmë

There was an article posted not too long ago that said almost 2/3 of the UK are non-religious.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
Cal- you might want to read this (admittedly long) article about Christianity in Britain

ops here is the link
Thanks a lot for the article. What I truly meant about the majority of the people been infected was the inability of those people ( specially neurologists, psychologists) to revolt against the retarded deluded folks in control ( Religious institutions of the Imaginary Friend) of nations and place them in the institutions they belong just like one does to people suffering from neurological disorders! After all we are in the 21st Century, which neurologists seem to IGNORE, going along with the deluded Middle Ages beliefs of those nuts. What's wrong with the news agencies, the neurological institutions and scientists? Why don't they stand up and fight calling religious delusions what they are, a NEUROLOGICAL DISORDER..and those who believe in religious idiocies NUTS? They forget that faith is always inversely proportional to knowledge and information. People that believe in religious idiocies as true are either extremely IGNORANT or mentally ill.

This is what I get piss off about. We can see 2+2=4 and with no remotely possibility it could be 6! Don't the retarded so called neurologist ( the vast majority of them) realize that we THINK with the brain and not our ass? Don't they realize if it quacks like a duck, flies like a duck and swims like a duck....?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
psychodiva
I Live Here

Jeez Cal- as a psychologist and a person who is involved peripherally with neuro psychiatry I'm not sure I like the attacks on neurologists and psychiatrists - why should we take the responsibility?

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:09 AM   #7
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote View Post
Because the BBC as well as the vast majority of Brits are infected with Christ-psychosis. The few mentally healthy, aka atheists, within their ranks abstain from making facts based remarks.
Cal. It may seem like that but it just ain't so. I agree that Phoney Tony Blair was a crypto Roman Catholic and so were many he took into his government. However, here are some who were atheists: Winston Churchill was an atheist and was much influenced by The Martyrdom of Man published in 1872 and described as "a bible for secularists.
Norman Tebbit, a tough, populist, effective member of Thatcher's Cabinet was a self proclaimed atheist. Nick Clegg, current leader of the Liberal Democrats, is an atheist. Our current Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, is a christian and in deep, deep shit. He wants to know what he should do to prove that he is "fair and on the side of the ordinary workers." He could start by dragging that lying git Blair in front of a jury. But that won't happen because Gordo was part of the government that let Blair screw us.
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote