Old 10-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
Closet Doubter

Pass the cheese, please

I am going to make a public declaration.......here.........in a room filled with strangers. It may be cheesy, lame-o or even sound nutty, but saying something OUT LOUD like this in a public forum helps me, mentally. Maybe there's something in the ceremony of it......maybe it's like a religious rite....but nonetheless, I'm going to say it, aloud, right here......right now......(spurred on a bit by my reading of "I, Atheist" blog for a few minutes):

I will use my brain. I will seek to know truth. If it upsets me or if it upsets my life or if it upsets my wife or if it upsets my career advancement........I will pursue truth and I will accept the conclusions that such a pursuit should ultimately lead me to. I will be rational and logical. I will listen to what others have to say. If my religious views are trustworthy and legitimate, then I have nothing to worry about.....but, if Atheism is trustworthy and legitimate then letting go of my (allegedly) foolish beliefs will only advance my understanding of (and maybe even my place in) the world at large.

There, I said it and so be it. ....and now I believe a nice pseudo-Latin blessing is in order.
e pluribus unum and proctologus your anus.

Paul
Old 10-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Closet Doubter wrote View Post
I am going to make a public declaration.......here.........in a room filled with strangers. It may be cheesy, lame-o or even sound nutty, but saying something OUT LOUD like this in a public forum helps me, mentally. Maybe there's something in the ceremony of it......maybe it's like a religious rite....but nonetheless, I'm going to say it, aloud, right here......right now......(spurred on a bit by my reading of "I, Atheist" blog for a few minutes):

I will use my brain. I will seek to know truth. If it upsets me or if it upsets my life or if it upsets my wife or if it upsets my career advancement........I will pursue truth and I will accept the conclusions that such a pursuit should ultimately lead me to. I will be rational and logical. I will listen to what others have to say. If my religious views are trustworthy and legitimate, then I have nothing to worry about.....but, if Atheism is trustworthy and legitimate then letting go of my (allegedly) foolish beliefs will only advance my understanding of (and maybe even my place in) the world at large.

There, I said it and so be it. ....and now I believe a nice pseudo-Latin blessing is in order.

Paul
proctologus your anus!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #4
Littlejohn

Quote:

Paul

Ab uno disce omnis ...

Old 10-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #5
Kate

Old 10-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:

Paul
Welcome to the forum.
I see you show your lucidity well with the words : " I will use my brain"
but when you said:

'If my religious views are trustworthy and legitimate, then I have nothing to worry about.....but, if Atheism is trustworthy and legitimate then letting go of my...."

Then a slight Religious psychosis begun to expose itself....don't forget we created god with our brains. Since you brought up LAtin.....

Oremus

Pene-cristus Noster

qui es in caelis,

sanctificetur nomen tuum.

Adveniat Specu regnum tuum.

Fiat voluntas tua,

sicut in caelo et in cavernam.

Sacra Lactis nostrum quotidianum

da nobis hodie,

et dimitte nobis castus nostra,

sicut et nos

dimittimus casta nostris.

Et ne nos inducas in tentationem:

sed libera nos a castis mala.

Ab alio exspectes alteri quod feceries...hmm..fortasse malis exercere unum ex artificiis?

In pace deorum, bene vale. Cura ut valeas.

Nice sacred place of GOD Maxentius Christus till the retarded Christians under Devious Psychotic God Constantinus Christus got hold of it..

This is what's left after the true Barbarians, the psychotics perverted Christian Church, stole all of its marble & furnishings....retards.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
Closet Doubter

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post

Thank you, Kate. You have such a way with words. Who's got a slicer?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:32 AM   #8
Kate

Old 10-14-2008, 07:24 AM   #9
Littlejohn

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote View Post
Welcome to the forum.

This is what's left after the true Barbarians, the psychotics perverted Christian Church, stole all of its marble & furnishings....retards.

Hey, Cal.....Why had you raised arms?

Maybe there was a Christian "machine gun", in place of camera?...

Best Wishes

Littlejohn

Old 10-14-2008, 07:30 AM   #10
Kate

Old 10-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #11
Eva
Super Moderator

well, well, well, that didn't take long, closet....

congratulations! you've come a long way, baby!

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #12
Littlejohn

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post

It is very strange.....

Inflated balls has not suggest you any "confused" vision...

Mem. for sale

Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #13
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Littlejohn wrote View Post
It is very strange.....

Inflated balls has not suggest you any "confused" vision...

Mem. for sale

It's like listening to a guy on Salvia Divinorum trying to explain how baseball works.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #14
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

Quote:
.I will pursue truth ... I will be rational and logical. I will listen to what others have to say.
It's astonishingly evident that the Bible and Xtianity (etc) are outrageously absurd nonsense.
Check.

It's blatantly evident that there isn't a good and "all-capable" super-being in charge. Shit happens.
Check.

It's astonishingly and hugely evident that the world and the universe are wild, wild, wild, wild.
Check.

It is jaw-droppingly apparent that "God" is nothing but a word that is used insanely, and that "all-seeing", "all-knowing" are absurdities, and that an "all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful being" taking any specific action (and not, for example, something else) is an absurdity upon an absurdity.
Check.

It is astonishingly evident that reality and aliveness and consciousness are wonders that are beyond our comprehension, at least presently, and that honest happy wonder is always the best attitude.
Check.

And yet it is astonishingly evident that our life and our bodies are one.
Check.

It is astonishingly obvious that "science" is tremendously successful, and worth checking out if one wants to find out stuff about reality.
Check.

... So yeah,
Quote:
sound nutty
But that goes with the territory.
(People who have spent their lives in the asylum will do that!)
So, really, WELCOME.
Enjoy the forum!
Enjoy LIFE!

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #15
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Littlejohn wrote View Post
Hey, Cal.....Why had you raised arms?

Maybe there was a Christian "machine gun", in place of camera?...

Best Wishes

Littlejohn

That's just Cal boasting about how long his dick is again!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote