Old 03-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #211
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

This damn fine post of dogpet's needs some respect.

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Sir Edward,
You will have to excuse me as I am in no way a theologian apart from having a casual interest in the crimes of the popes & an appreciation & gratitude for everyone in history who has taken a step from rome while shovelling shit behind them.

I know practically nothing about calvanists or lutherians & honestly have no interest in religion, I consider all of it no more than childish superstition & fear. What I do know a little about is Scottish protestants & the brave part they played in the emancipation from popery which led to the freedom I enjoy today & the chance for anyone to call themselves an atheist.

The essence of the struggle as I see it was that every man should be allowed to think for himself, not be told how to think by the dogs of the pope. Thousands of Scots were burned at the stake by the papists for, err, reading the bible for fucks sake, at least that's what it was on the surface. The real reason was being able to read full stop, because if they could read & they could translate & they could understand then the game was up for the pope, the bishops & every other snob nosed cunt who was rolling in gold on the backs of the people. It is declared by many that freedom for everyone to think for themselves was won in Scotland & precariously defended against overwhelming odds for us all to enjoy.

Protestants fighting among themselves ha, don't make me laugh. It was protestants fighting against the watered down popery of the English with its retention of bishops, prayer books & divine rights of kings. There is your separation of church & state. The incessant roman spying, blackmail, bribery, & terrorism to try to restore papal rule by proxy was resisted. Including the attempted insidious influence.

Experience told us the stake always followed the mass.

In fact if I might be so bold it was the educated influence of the Scottish protestants that led to the secular constitution in the United States of America & the right for you to practice your anachronistic cult in that country today.

The first split from the original liars was a great thing because we won the right to question. With every badly answered question there is another schism & more people come to their senses.

The End lol.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #212
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Thanks m8, , gave me a headache all that typing.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:13 AM   #213
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Fuck your God, Fuck Jesus, Fuck Mary (in the ass! she was only a virgin if you don't count anal), Fuck the Pope, Fuck Luther, Fuck Ussher, Fuck the Old Testament Lord, Fuck the New Testament Lord, Fuck Q, Fuck the Redactor, Fuck John, Saul/Paul, Matthew, Mark, Luke (and fuck Luke's pet dog, Maybelline), Fuck James Dobson, Fuck Kent Hovind. Oh, and Fuck you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:54 AM   #214
sharky

Brilliant rant. Loved it. Atheism rules foreverrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:19 AM   #215
Choobus
I Live Here

Are there no workhouses rants?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #216
Whisper

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
And what has the above got to do with religious belief being a form of psychosis- oh sorry you don't understand that word do you?- 'schizotypy' which is of course only one form of psychosis and also a word that you keep changing your mind about - is it schizoptypy? is it epilepsy? is it schizoaffective? - well it all proves absolutely nothing- unless - like you- we make connections between things that have not been proven to be connected.

You are getting your nickers in a twist these days old man aren't you? why is it so important to you that I believe your 'idea' - why do you always feel the need to attack me whenever I disagree with you? More later on that perhaps

You are just panting to 'debate' this topic with me aren't you? why is that?

You want to know why I won't 'debate' this topic with you? because you are unworthy of it, you have no background knowledge, you are unable to grasp the smallest complex idea and you have a clutch of nasty habits when it comes to reading research of any kind-

1. you jump to conclusions
2. you quote mine
3. you make erroneous connections
4. you see correlations where there are none
5. you always fail to look at the actual evidence
6. you are incapable of scientific thinking
7. because you are incapable of scientific thinking you have not gone through the correct scientific process of trying to disprove your own 'idea'
8. all evidence that does disprove your 'idea' is summarily dismissed and attacked by you- anybody that disagrees with your 'idea' is also attacked
9. you are incapable of grasping complex ideas
10 your thinking is limited in the extreme - in fact it is so 'one track' that you are incapable of grasping the fact that any idea besides yours may be involved in the production of religious belief

When I first came to this site and read your initial ideas I was intrigued- I had heard it all before of course and much more intelligently and coherently put than you will ever be capable of doing- however- I thought that maybe it would be possible to discuss the issue with you as I have done and still do with many other people- and I tried- I really tried- you may not remember this of course as you brain obviously is incapable of holding more than one idea at a time. However, as soon as I said something against your 'idea' you started attacking, you started insulting, you started to show your true colours - I kept trying - but still you did not go with the back and forth of true debate, you insisted you were right and anything else was wrong and all people who disagreed with you were retards or 'christ psychotics' - ah well I should have realised back then shouldn't I?

No matter what I said it was always greeted with a 'retard'! 'Bump your head'! and of course much much worse.You proceeded to insult me, my family, my intelligence, my credentials, my lifestyle, my education- just because I said something that you didn't agree with- this is of course behaviour I would expect from someone who is about two to four years old- is that when you stopped developing maybe? You do appear to be extraordinarily underdeveloped and permanently stuck in the anal phase - ah well- I shall carry on.

Despite your continued insults and worse- oh yes much worse- (perverted areshole comes to mind at this point) I carried on trying to 'discuss' this 'idea' with you - and My word! I had the audacity to request that you come up with some evidence! shock horror! - that really started you off didn't it?

Now you want me- after all the insults, degrading and perverse attacks on me- to 'debate' with you? to answer your inane questions? You must be having a laugh -you like the phrase ad nauseum don't you?- well that's what you make people feel whenever you start with your 'idea'.

You like to parade your so-called education around don't you? You constantly have to prove yourself better than people and have a tantrum when you are dealt a blow by people who are obviously better than you and quite spectacular tantrums they are too - if a little (lot) repetetive

I tell you- watching you on this forum is a fascinating piece of psychiatric observation - narcissism in the extreme- and definitely anti-social - I think your personality and perversions are there for all to see. I always wonder how much your mother really loved you and how much you envied your father - how much you were treated badly by them and those catholic priests that you have to keep proving yourself over and over on an anonymous forum. I also wonder how much me being an intelligent female who wields some power in the world and doesn't back down to your tantrums has influenced your behaviour towards me - I'll bet your tantrums were severely dealt with by somebody when you were younger?.

When are you going to realise that you are a figure of fun? that no-one takes you seriously- much less even listens to or reads your 'ideas' these days- your 'idea' has not changed since you first started posting about it- your 'idea' has not taken into account any of the new research- you just spend all your time trawling the internet and books for anything that will support it and ignore anything that doesn't - you are, in fact, every bit as bad as any theist who comes here, any proponent of 'alternative medicine'-and you fail to see this and continue to call yourself an intelligent person with a healthy brain just because you are an atheist?

Cal- dear old man- everybody is laughing at you - your insults are those of a toothless old git who rages at kids on his lawn. You have nothing to prove your 'idea' and no intelligence or knowledge or even a grasp of complex issues that would make it worth my while to talk about this issue with you - I have and will continue to talk about it with others- just not you dearie - because you are not worth it.

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #217
wohaz

i know, i just saw that myself.
im proud of diva!
obviously been storing that for a while!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #218
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

About time we had a decent rant.
Quote:
Psycho - in fine form wrote
Fuck you Calpurnpiso- you will never understand a single thing about psychology, neurology or psychiatry until you get down off your dogmatic horse - you sitting in your ivory tower thinking you are superior to people who do real work, thinking you have an education just because you have read some books and watched some lectures- you have never had a single original thought in your life - go an sit in a corner and play connect the dots- that is the one thing you are good at- you are one of the stupidest people I have ever had the misfortune to have contact with, you cover everything you do with a slimy feeling of perversion and dogmatic attitude. You cannot stand to be crossed- behaving like an unmanaged two year old and reverting to type - showing that the thin veneer of social training given desperately by your family wears off at the slightest provocation.

fuck you Lilly - you and your superiror attitude that hides an immense self-loathing and loneliness that is oh so apparent to all of us who see you. You and your little 'sacred texts' mean nothing to the world and I will celebrate the day when people like you are finally put where they should be- preferably in a cage so that you can no longer hurt children. Your wish to impress and gain those positive strokes that weren't given to you by daddy is so transparent, your hatred of all that is not you and love of all things similar gives you away as the only old spinster that you are

fuck all of the religious people in the world who think they are superior merely because they belive in something that no-one can prove, that think they are better than others merely because they get their morals from a really old book of lies. Fuck all of you and I will celebrate the day when religion is no longer thought necessary by the masses, when all the religious leaders are brought down to where they should be- in the pit beneath the dunny, with the pope at the bottom of the pile of shit where he belongs.

Fuck the islamists who use their 'religion' as an excuse to rape babies and keep women in chains of their own making, fuck the catholics who use their 'religion' as an excuse to rape babies and then hide behind the skirts of their one true leader. Fuck all the baptists, pentecostals, calvinists etc etc who spew hate and damnation to anything and anyone they don't like. The day religion dies will be a good day and I will fight for that day until I draw my last breath

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:54 AM   #219
psychodiva
I Live Here

oh boy- I just realised I did the two most recent rants- I will shut up now - but I do feel better after that- It is all this going through mum's stuff that is upsetting me

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:24 AM   #220
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

If it needs another 10 rants - get stuck in - we luv 'em.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 AM   #221
Lily

Absolutely right. The only way to deal with a boil is to lance it. Get the poison out, Psycho. It hurts at first but healing follows.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:23 AM   #222
nkb
He who walks among the theists

It's a decent analogy, Lily, but I see you more as an incurable sexually transmitted disease than a boil. We do what we can to make you go away, but you keep coming back.

You are the RA forum's herpes.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:44 AM   #223
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I think of her more like a persistent rash that can be cleared up with a little Vagisil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #224
Eva
Super Moderator

i think of her more like cow flu...

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #225
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
I think of her more like a persistent rash that can be cleared up with a little Vagisil.
Sooo...why hasn't the "rash" cleared up? Why do we still have the rash? Have we not been using our Vagisil?!

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote