Old 03-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #181
Gordon

Quote:
Well, humans are. After all, we were created in the image and likeness of God. Each and everyone of us. Atheists too. All our dignity; all our potential greatness is the gift of God. We were meant to be perfect and someday we will be again, if we so choose. God's love never fails towards anyone. It is not possible to escape it, not even in hell. It is only possible to refuse it.
Good point. Though I do believe the new creation in Christ is a fundamentally different creature.

Quote:
While I feel and very often share your frustration with those who reject God, I must beg you, in the name of God, to rethink the opinions you have expressed. I fear you are treading into areas that jeopardize your immortal soul.
My immortal soul is just fine. But thanks for the concern.

Quote:
There is not a hint of support in scripture for withdrawing charity from any one or any group. Indeed, such a thing would completely negate Christ's mission and sacrifice. Christ died for all; not just good people. I have very real reason to thank God for that! Remember how the parable of the good Samaritan starts?
Woah! When did I ever say that?

Quote:
Luke 10:25-28

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself."

"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

I'm not sure what you're getting at with this quote, but it's a good passage.

Quote:
It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship, or else a horror and a corruption such as you now meet, if at all, only in a nightmare.

All day long we are, in some degree, helping each other to one or the other of these destinations. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and and the circumspection proper to them that we should conduct all our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilization -- these are mortal and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. ... Next to the Blessed Sacrament itself, your neighbour is the holiest object presented to your senses. ...

I respect C.S. Lewis' opinions a great deal; however, I can't ignore the words of Christ, wich if we would stop ignoring the ones that cause offense, we might come to a fuller revelation of what a Christian can be.

Quote:
On a practical level, Gordon, we cannot create a perfect society. We are still waiting "in joyful hope" for the one who will. For now, we have all the tools we need to protect our right to worship freely; we have the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. But even if we could be pushed to a point where we were really a persecuted minority, we have already won. It is only a matter of time, until our author rings down the curtain on this play.
When did I ever say we should persecute an minority? I find this a lot with people who read what I write. They see things they expect to see, or want to see, but those things aren't there at all. In fact, quite the opposite. And as for wating in joyful hope for the One who will, I say, He's already here in you and me and all the other kids of the King and it's time to build the kingdom.

Quote:
Funny you should have mentioned Joan of Arc. She was my earliest hero. I can't have been more than 7 or so when I saw the Bergman film. To this day I still recall the scene when Joan was burned at the stake. It made a huge impression on me.
We just finished watching "The Messenger." Unfortunately, I think that fill devalues Joan of Arc. But it's good drama. And the greatest point it makes is that Joan was nothing without her faith. Faith, in my opinion, makes truth, not the other way around.

Quote:
As an adult convert from Protestantism to Catholicism, it seemed right to me to choose someone whose witness is peculiarly modern. So, when it came time to choose "my" saint, though I was seriously tempted to choose Joan, I have choosen Maximillian Kolbe instead. Do you know his story? In case not, here is a brief summary--
Quote:
Kolbe was a Polish priest who was sent to Auschwitz by the Nazis. They had a peculiarly brutal practice of killing 10 men for every one who tried to escape, in order to give the prisoners incentive to guard each other. Inevitably, someone disappeared and so 10 were chosen at random. One poor soul, Franciszek Gajowniczek, cried and wept that he was a married man, who would take care of his children? etc, etc. So Kolbe volunteered to take his place. He and the other 9 were taken apart locked up and left to starve to death. After 3 weeks he and 3 others were still barely alive and so the Nazis finished them off with injections of carbolic acid. It was for this extreme act of charity (love) that he was canonized by John Paul the Great. You can read much more about the whole horrible episode in Wikipedia or any of the other sources which can be found online quite easily.
I am familiar with his story, but thanks for the recap.

Quote:
But I should add one more thing, even though this has gotten so terribly long-- we all do battle against the forces of darkness. There is a very great struggle that goes on in everyone's soul. We all long for love, for justice and for peace. It is just that some of us have not found the right weapons yet.
Well, Lilly. It's been great to meet you and talk with you. I'm out of this forum for now, because there's no way I can keep up with this thread. I don't dare start another. If you ever need support, you know you can post at this site and you'll find a friend. Me.

Sincerely,

Ed

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 03-16-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spamming link updated
Old 03-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #182
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Surprising to find a Christer who can't keep up with the very shit he stirred.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #183
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Gordon wrote View Post
Good point. Though I do believe the new creation in Christ is a fundamentally different creature.

Woah! When did I ever say that?

I respect C.S. Lewis' opinions a great deal; however, I can't ignore the words of Christ, wich if we would stop ignoring the ones that cause offense, we might come to a fuller revelation of what a Christian can be.

When did I ever say we should persecute an minority? I find this a lot with people who read what I write. They see things they expect to see, or want to see, but those things aren't there at all. In fact, quite the opposite. And as for wating in joyful hope for the One who will, I say, He's already here in you and me and all the other kids of the King and it's time to build the kingdom.

We just finished watching "The Messenger." Unfortunately, I think that fill devalues Joan of Arc. But it's good drama. And the greatest point it makes is that Joan was nothing without her faith. Faith, in my opinion, makes truth, not the other way around.

I am familiar with his story, but thanks for the recap.

Well, Lilly. It's been great to meet you and talk with you. I'm out of this forum for now, because there's no way I can keep up with this thread. I don't dare start another. If you ever need support, you know you can post at his siteand you'll find a friend. Me.

Sincerely,

Ed
Hey retard did you bump your head that's WHY you're talking shit?
Here so you can LAND. Take my JET retard.
JESUS EXISTENCE TEST- Drastic #1

Go to a top of a twenty story building bring a Babble start praying and quoting praying and still quoting and praying to the "Lord and Saviour" so he would assist you and save you when you Jumps from the top floor. Pray that "Saviour Jesus" make someone place matresses below, or make some truck driver carrying a load of sponge rubber park it below to soften your fall. This should be very easy for this "invisible lord and saviour friend of yours" since he has the ability to get into people's minds and could suggest life savings techniques to help the needed. He doesn't want everyone to die and go to him does he?

Well, the reality of it all is that "saviour Jesus" will NOT show up since prayers to invisible friends like him, including the other invisible friend, the holy tooth fairy, are never answered. Since he failed to show up or answer prayers you will find yourself splatered on the pavement below, your neurons liberated from the grey matter its atoms being the ONLY ones saved by the fall, they'll go their own way!. This clearly proves invisible friends are delusions, mental aberrations, produced by a neurological disorder. This delusion exists ONLY in brains that are infected by this anomaly. I define it as Christ-psychosis. Jesus is as real as the Tooth Fairy, Donald Duck or Santa Claus..and besides, not matter how much one would praise his "name" and pray to him he will be UNABLE to answer prayer regardless how specific they are for he doesn't exist.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 03-16-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Ed's link updated
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #184
Kamikaze189

It's amazing that anyone can pretend to be fighting the "forces of darkness" while moments before they said they wanted to take away people's rights.

If you really want to fight the forces of darkness, you could start by punching yourself in the face.

“Whoever attacks the popular falsehoods of his time will find that a lie defends itself by telling other lies.” - Robert Ingersoll
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #185
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kamikaze189 wrote View Post
It's amazing that anyone can pretend to be fighting the "forces of darkness" while moments before they said they wanted to take away people's rights..
Well, as the old saying goes, "you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs." Isn't it interesting how we always see super-villians saying that line?

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #186
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
I'm out of this forum for now, because there's no way I can keep up with this thread. I don't dare start another. If you ever need support, you know you can post at this site and you'll find a friend. Me.

Sincerely,

Ed
so - is it actually going? or is it lying to us?

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:53 PM   #187
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

He's a Christer, so like any junkie he lies out of pure habit, but if he's been trading words with Lily, it's possible that he's turned into a spectacular uberlying cockdrainer. He'll likely be back sporadically to slum it with the heathens, throwing his verbal diarrhea into a thread just to watch the feeding frenzy.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #188
Irreligious
I Live Here

The arrogance on that man! Comes in here, picks a fight, gets his nose bloodied and he saunters off like he's actually won something besides some well-deserved contempt.

And Lily, playing like the peace-maker. Honey, you know you ain't foolin' nobody here with that phony act. You're just saying what you think sounds good, but the majority of your behavior here belies that you are an individual all that vastly different from Gordon. Your ends are the same. He's foolish enough to believe that he's actually got the muscle to make everybody march to his little drummer. You, on the other hand, are just waiting for some concrete backup from your imaginary pal, Jesus. Yup, just as soon as he shows up.

You and Gordon really need to start your own forum. I, for one, promise not to bother either of you if you do.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #189
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

I was almost amused to see him barge into our living room swinging his swollen Christer cock, only to very quickly ignore all opposition to his idiocy by retreating into a corner with...you guessed it...the only other Christer capable of stringing together a compound sentence*.

Almost.

* -- though don't be surprised to find it rounded out with a precious preposition.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #190
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Kamikaze189 wrote View Post
It's amazing that anyone can pretend to be fighting the "forces of darkness" while moments before they said they wanted to take away people's rights.
Are you familiar with G. W. Bush?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #191
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Sweet Jesus' penis! I wish I had more time to play with this thread.

Well, this servant of darkness has to catch a plane. Take care, dudes!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #192
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote View Post
Hmm..how burdy, it reminds me of a sacred Buddhist sand painting...now the only thing needed are chants OHHHH ORRENGI KIO,,,OHM ORRENGICHIO..while staring at your painting. We must ingest a sacred entheogen for the painting to come alive while god talks to us echoing our chants..
"Ooooh Wattagoo Siam"

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #193
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Gordnoggin wrote
If this is true at the fundamental cellular level, do let us in on it so we can screen Christers.
Quote:
Of course, in your vanity, you think your soul is "just fine" but there is ample scripture to prove that it is at serious risk.
Quote:

Didn't they tell you? The Samaritan's goodness was simply his innate humanity. He was NOT a Christian.
Quote:

You advise Christians to heed the many offensive words of Christ and, presumably his followers? Can that plan result in anything other than a set of offensive revelations?
Quote:
On pain of hellfire, you deny the second coming? You would have all of humanity ruled by a well-known and little-esteemed despot? What sort of monster are you?
Quote:
You heard it here, folks "faith makes truth". No amount of ridicule is adequate to address this abrogation of intellect. "What a jackass", for instance, just does not do it justice.

It is obvious that faith is a pale substitute for truth and that truth destroys faith.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #194
Ema

Christianity is scary, because people like you want to oppress free thinking. You think that without a religious or spiritual background, we fear nothing and that rules and laws are jokes to us, but for me at least, it's a freedom I have earned through deep thought and self-discovery. I'm more of a humble person for it. The different between you and me, Gordon, is that I'd never outlaw Christianity. I wonder which of us has the room to grow more as a person?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:05 PM   #195
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Ema wrote View Post
Christianity is scary, because people like you want to oppress free thinking. You think that without a religious or spiritual background, we fear nothing and that rules and laws are jokes to us, but for me at least, it's a freedom I have earned through deep thought and self-discovery. I'm more of a humble person for it. The different between you and me, Gordon, is that I'd never outlaw Christianity. I wonder which of us has the room to grow more as a person?
I suspect gordon is busy with catholic instruction & ambition of knighthood.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote