Liberated1

How about purple?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #32
Liberated1

Or green?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #33
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Well, I have to agree with Choobus, it is kind of annoying. The bolding doesn't help either. It makes it more of a strain to read.

But, whatever floats your boat (he says to the Navy man).

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #34
Liberated1

Or white?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #35
Liberated1

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Well, I have to agree with Choobus, it is kind of annoying. The bolding doesn't help either. It makes it more of a strain to read.

But, whatever floats your boat (he says to the Navy man).
OK OK, I'll use normal color only cause it makes nkb strain his eyes!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #36
nkb

Hey, I am getting old (bit not as old as Lily, thank Thor).

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-21-2008, 01:45 PM   #37
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
Liberated1 wrote View Post
Ok, here is the most comprehensive list of resources I've found on why man-made global warming is not man made. I’ve yet to read all of the resources, but you can decide for yourself. I apologize if you get lost in the plethora of reading material!

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Popular_T...showtopic=2050

*Warning- side affects for reading this much information will either make you wiser or make your head explode. In either case, make sure to read the material in an isolated location to reduce casualties.
Liberated, even though you don't believe in man-caused global warming, do you agree we should scale back green-house gas emissions in an attempt to curb its effects?

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #38
nkb

Liberated,
Another GW question: What is the motivation of all the climate experts to blame humans for GW? Are they all just mistaken, or is there a hidden agenda?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #39
Liberated1

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote View Post
Liberated, even though you don't believe in man-caused global warming, do you agree we should scale back green-house gas emissions in an attempt to curb its effects?
I believe conservation is good for mankind, but seeing as how about 95% of all greenhouse gasses is wator vapor I can't imagine mankind impacting the earth too much. So I think we should balance the effects of scaling back man-made greenhouse gas emissions against global economy impacts.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #40
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Or white?
Much better.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #41
Liberated1

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Liberated,
Another GW question: What is the motivation of all the climate experts to blame humans for GW? Are they all just mistaken, or is there a hidden agenda?
Government funding for scientific research and publicity for more funding.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #42
nkb

Quote:
Government funding for scientific research and publicity for more funding.
I've heard that reason before, and I'm just not buying it. Based on this reasoning, all scientific research is now suspect, because they might be fudging the numbers just to keep their research going.

There are just too many different organizations, of all different types, to make this huge conspiracy feasible.

I don't have a problem with accepting that the majority of climate experts are wrong about their analyses (if that turns out to be the case), but dismissing that many scientists as dishonest just won't fly.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #43
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
I don't have a problem with accepting that the majority of climate experts are wrong about their analyses (if that turns out to be the case), but dismissing that many scientists as dishonest just won't fly.
People who believe this kind of bullshit are usually completely ignorant of how science is actually done. The idea of getting a group of scientists to agree to a phony agenda for any reason is as unlikely as getting a bunch of atheists to suck the popes cock in exchange for a free ticket to heaven.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #44
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

You're just saying that Choob so they don't take away your tinfoil and lasers.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #45
Erik

Liberated,

Here is an article addressing the water vapor claim: http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...ck-or-forcing/

The issue, as I understand it, is that not all greenhouse gases are equal, and that water vapor is not thought to be a driver of warming effects; an increase in water vapor in the atmosphere may itself be an effect from other warming causes.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote