Old 01-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
whoneedscience

A Catholic friend of mine in astrophysics forwarded me this email - thankfully as a example of how stupid people are and not as an attempt to persuade me from my heathenism.

I've read through it several times and I still can find a single bit of logic I can follow. My personal favourite, though, is the insistence that his brand of Christianity is not a religion. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

(note that I did edit the pages to remove his phone number and address, though apparently that is his real name if we're in need of a new shitlord)

Old 01-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Livingstrong

I noticed that he wrote UNIVERSE
GALAXY
SUN
JUPITER
PLUTO/NEPTUNE
EARTH/HELL

Wow, an astrophysics expert believes that earth is hell? You know? when someone doesn't have any university studies and believes in "the lord" is more understandable that they are being manipulated into such non-sense, but what's wrong with guys like Frank Hatch????!!!! :wall:
Old 01-03-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
whoneedscience

Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
Wow, an astrophysics expert believes that earth is hell? You know? when someone doesn't have any university studies and believes in "the lord" is more understandable that they are being manipulated into such non-sense, but what's wrong with guys like Frank Hatch????!!!! :wall:
I highly doubt this guy knows anything about astrophysics. Apparently he just found my friend's email address and tried to save him.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Whoever this asshat is, he ain't got nothin' on the Time Cube.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #5
RenaissanceMan

I'm confused.

If (Earth Mass = 1) then how can the mass of EARTH/HELL be 3? Also, what has (Mathew 14:13-21) got to do with "Any Emptied, polarized template is filled immediately with it's appropriate mass"? What does that even mean?

Wait, I'm not confused... I'm just not huffing paint like this guy obviously was.

Kids! Don't huff paint!
Old 01-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
Just Us Chickens

Quote:
RenaissanceMan wrote
I'm confused.

If (Earth Mass = 1) then how can the mass of EARTH/HELL be 3? Also, what has (Mathew 14:13-21) got to do with "Any Emptied, polarized template is filled immediately with it's appropriate mass"? What does that even mean?

Wait, I'm not confused... I'm just not huffing paint like this guy obviously was.

Kids! Don't huff paint!
No need we have plenty of glue :whistle:
Old 01-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Wait, could this be the "Order of the Universe" Francis is always blabbering about?

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:48 AM   #8
Baphomet

Sigh.

I hate it when christians try to twist around or reword their religion to make it sound either more mystical or intellectual, so they can appeal to more people. Of course, it doesn't work anymore than timecube man, who is equally as crazy.

Telling me that Earth = 1 or that my soul has a postive charge and the misquoting something on thermodynamics and astonomy isn't going to make me convert. But for some reason, stupid christians like the idiot who wrote this thing think it will.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #9
Cthulance

Sometimes these attempts to cloak religion in an air of pseudoscientific validity read more like the excited writings of schizophrenics.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #10
Gnosital
still unsmited

This sounds suspiciously like a schizophrenic word salad.
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #11
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

mmmm salad

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #12
Gnosital
still unsmited

You totally don't wanna eat no schizo salad! I've seen where those people put their fingers!!
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #13
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

mmmmmmmmmm finger salad

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
darwinfish

Quote:
Just Us Chickens wrote
Quote:
RenaissanceMan wrote
Kids! Don't huff paint!
No need we have plenty of glue :whistle:
thanks for the reminder
Old 01-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #15
Baphomet

Quote:
Kate wrote
mmmmmmmmmm finger salad
Or Salad Fingers... (If you know who I'm talking about)