Old 12-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
James

Cunts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/6205897.stm

In actual fact, under recent employment legislation to prevent employers discriminating against prospective employees on the grounds of their sexual orientation, a clause was introduced allowing religious groups to continue to discriminate.

Fuck them and their 'free speech.' It has nothing to do with free speech. They want to dictate to people how they should live their lives and the secular state saying 'piss off,' is an infringement on 'free speech???!!!' There would be no such thing as 'free speech' if we hadn't removed religion from politics to the extent that we now have. (UK)
Old 12-23-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
Choobus
I Live Here

"A Christian couple awarded £10,000 after being questioned by police about their views on homosexuality have spoken of their victory."

what did the police say; do you do anal?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
Oz

You're right, it's not a free speech issue. It's a free association issue.

I think racial, religious, and sexual discrimination in most hiring decisions are evil and stupid. I also think that legal bans on those practices are criminal infringements on freedom of association. Here's my idea of a compromise: let private groups write their own hiring policies but require those policies to be made public knowledge. Then decent people can boycott the fuckers.