Old 10-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #16
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

I have just seen "Serenity" :D :D :D
A *fantastic* cinematic experience.
I am very easily bored of fiction, but with this I wasn't bored for a second!
It was very, VERY alive.
I RECOMMEND !!!!!! :D :D :D

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:46 PM   #17
Aurorua

Quote:
Aequitas wrote
Plus, a major point of Christianity is that mankind is inherently sinful. Christ is meant to purge us of these sinful urges. Wouldn't that count as making people better...?
It's forcing people to be better against their will though.:)

Also I have now seen it four times, loving it more everytime!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:28 PM   #18
Aequitas

Quote:
Aurorua wrote
Quote:
Aequitas wrote
Plus, a major point of Christianity is that mankind is inherently sinful. Christ is meant to purge us of these sinful urges. Wouldn't that count as making people better...?
It's forcing people to be better against their will though.:)
That's true, but I think the main message of Serenity was that people are what they are and we should accept this, rather than trying to imrpove the nature of humanity. I probably overemphasised the anti-religion theme, but I guess it was what spoke to me the most. To me, the whole "world without sin" thing was very moving.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #19
There Is

I saw the movie last week; good stuff.

I must to say that even though I think Gina Torres-Zoe is hot, Morena Baccarin - Inara is off-the-wall fuking gorgeous! Not even on the television series was she that spanktacular! :D Inara, so stunning, so quaintly provocative in her beauty. Though I must say I was also very much impressed by Jewel Staite - Kaylee's aggressive sexual yearnings. See girls, it's okay to say you're horny. Guys respect that, and if they truly care, they'll have sex with you because you're being honest. :) I'm also pretty sure they'll have sex with you if you're being dishonest. :rolleyes:

I really loved the dynamic between Nathan Fillion - Mal, and Chiwetel Ejiofor - The Operative. Both men were no-nonsense, and had the conviction of living a plan of their choosing. In the end, their actions were neither extremely evil, nor good in any grand ideological sense, they just came through each with his own goal of choosing.

I'm not sure what to say about the magistrate's creation of the Creepers. I understand they may have meant well, and, yes, they screwed up, but how's this different from the US government choosing to run the Tuskegee Experiments on innocent blacks? Of course, aside from the US experiments being racist. It's law of that time I guess, something I hope we never come to witness in such form.

Till then, I'll be saving up to purchase a sex bot like the one Mr. Universe owns. You can't stop the feed people! And you also can't stop the sale of sex bots. :P