Old 04-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #76
Tyler
New Member!

Did anyone hear Tim Minchin's "Thank You God" song at the rally? That song just made my month.

You don't have to respect another's religion, you simply have to acknowledge it. My uncle thinks he really saw bigfoot, my family doesn't acknowledge or respect him- Patton Oswalt
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #77
clambake
shred

Quote:
Tyler wrote View Post
Did anyone hear Tim Minchin's "Thank You God" song at the rally? That song just made my month.
Yes. Yes I did.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #78
Michael
Obsessed Member

I went looking on Youtube for that song just now. Didn't find it, but found "The Pope Song", which is pretty good too.
(though warning: lot's of swearing)

M*****F*****
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #79
Tyler
New Member!

I couldnt find the song either, pope song is brilliant

You don't have to respect another's religion, you simply have to acknowledge it. My uncle thinks he really saw bigfoot, my family doesn't acknowledge or respect him- Patton Oswalt
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #80
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
clambake wrote View Post
Yes. Yes I did.
It was really great, Tim Minchin is teh awesome.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:39 PM   #81
clambake
shred

I haven't really been paying attention to this RR, anybody here thinking of attending?

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Old 06-02-2016, 08:12 AM   #82
clambake
shred

Bumping this since trolling fuckwit kinda fucked it up. I'm close enough to make it a day trip.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:47 PM   #83
AtomJack

Nah, too far away.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:12 AM   #84
clambake
shred

Well it was great fun hanging with Eva and lostsheep again, but even though it didn't rain the first one was more entertaining. Probably about half the crowd or less than the last one, which was probably due to poor publicity and other factors.

Among the highlights for me were an appearance by a god (Q, disguised as John de Lancie) and surprisingly John Davidson. Yeah that JD, of "That's Incredible" fame and such. Apparently atheist since at least 1966 when he was friends with George Carlin, he pretty much hid it out of necessity until a couple years ago. Very entertaining and ended with a Roy Zimmerman cover.

Yvette d’Entremont had this year's tearjerker (for me anyway) talking about her very influential chemistry teacher who she found out later was a practising Catholic. I think she had the best message regarding inclusiveness of people who may be religious but don't make it part of their career or politics. The sad part was that she died of colon cancer far too young at 43.

Oh and if for some reason Sophia Kameron reads this, I hope someone got a good recording of your debut because probably 75% of the audience couldn't hear much more than the drums. For whatever reason the PA was off the entire time.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:00 PM   #85
Davin
Obsessed Member

I wish I could have gone.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote