Old 03-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #1
Semper Idem

If you were God...

What would the world be like? How would you run it?

As for me, I'll go ahead and tell you what I'd do with me as God. I wouldn't hide behind prophets or evangelists; I'd probably live on Earth with my creations. In fact, heaven would be a place on earth. I'd give everyone a moral code to follow, with poverty / disease / death only coming to the assholes. If you're a good person who does good for others, you'll be an obscenely rich immortal. If you're a selfish scumbag, you'll be poor and sickly, and ultimately will die. That'll provide the human race with an incentive to good towards others. Insofar as an afterlife is concerned, I'd make the moon the place where the assholes who died from their assholery the hell where I'd send their souls. No need for heaven; if you're one of the good folks, your terrestrial life will be heavenly indeed.

My moral code? Love one another. Place the needs of others ahead of your own selfish gain. Be kind. Don't rob, rape, or steal. Oh, yeah; you'd have to wear a little button over your left breast with my picture on it and visit my palace at least once a year. Letting me shag your wives and daughters is optional, but will help your chances of getting that wealth and power. ;o)

Oh yeah, my earthly palace will be Cape May, New Jersey USA. Anyone who has been there will understand my choice. ;o)

Saying that atheists hate God is like saying that teetotalers are alcoholics.
Semper Idem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:35 AM   #2
mondrian

Quote:
Semper Idem wrote View Post
What would the world be like? How would you run it?

As for me, I'll go ahead and tell you what I'd do with me as God. I wouldn't hide behind prophets or evangelists; I'd probably live on Earth with my creations. In fact, heaven would be a place on earth. I'd give everyone a moral code to follow, with poverty / disease / death only coming to the assholes. If you're a good person who does good for others, you'll be an obscenely rich immortal. If you're a selfish scumbag, you'll be poor and sickly, and ultimately will die. That'll provide the human race with an incentive to good towards others. Insofar as an afterlife is concerned, I'd make the moon the place where the assholes who died from their assholery the hell where I'd send their souls. No need for heaven; if you're one of the good folks, your terrestrial life will be heavenly indeed.

My moral code? Love one another. Place the needs of others ahead of your own selfish gain. Be kind. Don't rob, rape, or steal. Oh, yeah; you'd have to wear a little button over your left breast with my picture on it and visit my palace at least once a year. Letting me shag your wives and daughters is optional, but will help your chances of getting that wealth and power. ;o)

Oh yeah, my earthly palace will be Cape May, New Jersey USA. Anyone who has been there will understand my choice. ;o)
The really good thing about this forum is that one can say pretty much what one wants without fear of being moderated. It's a place where PC doesn't really exist. It's a place where one can express one's true feelings.

On that basis, if I were God, I'd create my wife and give her free will to do as she pleased. I'd create my parents and give them free will to do as they pleased. I'd create my two children and give them free will to do as they pleased. I'd create my two cats and a dog and give them free will to do as they pleased.

I'd create a separate universe for each of my wife, parents, children, cats and dog where they could do as they pleased.

I'd then create another multi-verse for myself and some physical laws that contained a degree of randomness and would study what happens to it.

I would also pass one, and only one, universal law stating that, on no account, should anyone create Man. There again, I probably wouldn't need to because neither my wife, my children nor my two cats are particularly fond of people. My parents, on the other hand were, and there we have a dilemma. This was really the only point that my parents and I disagreed on. I never liked people and they did.

Ho hum, what to do about that?

Even being a God ain't simple.

The middle man of last resort.
mondrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:00 AM   #3
Michael
Obsessed Member

I'm not gonna lie, I would do some freaky weird shit. I think about this more than I probably should, and put simply I would probably not be a benevolent god.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:13 AM   #4
mondrian

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I would do some freaky weird shit. I think about this more than I probably should, and put simply I would probably not be a benevolent god.
I've read a lot of your posts and, I must say, you appear to be less extreme and more 'normal' than peeps on forums generally are.

If I were someone else and came across my posts, I'd conclude that Mondian is extreme.

Yet, given free reign, I would gravitate towards the norm and you, it would seem, would gravitate away from it.

Interesting, n'est pas?

Old 03-24-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

If I were God, I would make the Sun go supernova and incinerate the earth, before the insane, corrupt, deceitful rotten vermin known as humanity could infect the rest of the universe.
Then, I would commit suicide.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #6
mondrian

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
If I were God, I would make the Sun go supernova and incinerate the earth, before the insane, corrupt, deceitful rotten vermin known as humanity could infect the rest of the universe.
Then, I would commit suicide.
Don't hold back, Sinfidel, tell it like it is.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

If I were God I would wake up and do whatever I wanted every day for eternity. After all I would be omnipotent and all powerful. I would definitely add an inch to my slanger as well, just for my confidence factor! Maybe allow it a mind of its own for real!

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
mondrian

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
If I were God I would definitely add an inch to my slanger.

Doe that mean you will be in decent or indecent?

Old 03-25-2014, 01:27 AM   #9
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
mondrian wrote View Post
I've read a lot of your posts and, I must say, you appear to be less extreme and more 'normal' than peeps on forums generally are.

If I were someone else and came across my posts, I'd conclude that Mondian is extreme.

Yet, given free reign, I would gravitate towards the norm and you, it would seem, would gravitate away from it.

Interesting, n'est pas?
Ne laissez pas la façade vous tromper. I am a freak behind closed browser windows.

Not really, but I am certain absolute power would corrupt me to to no end. I would do what I wanted, and so would everyone else.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:33 AM   #10
mondrian

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Ne laissez pas la façade vous tromper. I am a freak behind closed browser windows.

Not really, but I am certain absolute power would corrupt me to to no end. I would do what I wanted, and so would everyone else.
That's why there are no people in the world that I created 'cept my immediate family. No people, no power-seeking and no corruption.

Marcher sur l'eau et cuisinez avec vitesse.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:16 AM   #11
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

If I were God, I would send a pamphlet to all televangelists, titled "how to Select a hairstylist."

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:39 AM   #12
mondrian

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
If I were God, I would send a pamphlet to all televangelists, titled "how to Select a hairstylist."

So, if you were god, you wouldn't ban all religions then?

You sure that you are an Atheist?

Old 03-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #13
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Anyone sworn to chastity, I'd fuck to oblivion.
Teetotalers, I'd drown in Drambuie.
Vegetarians would be force-fed lard.
Wanking would be an olympic sport ....
.... and all 14 year old acne laden virgin boys placed on the jizzlam suicide bomber hit list.
But I love you all ....

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote