Old 12-24-2008, 08:24 AM   #31
WITHTEETH
Obsessed Member

WTF is going on? I hope the door hits the raving theists vagina on the way out.

Hi everyone Long time no see!

"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
Carl Sagan
WITHTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:01 AM   #32
Eva
Super Moderator

where the fuck have you been???

yep, it's weird....hope it's a joke, though...

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #33
Liberated1

Unfortunately I've seen this type of switch before and there is a strong possibility that this is NOT a joke.

This is what I think of all those jeebus freaks welcoming him "home".
Old 12-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #34
Eva
Super Moderator

diva, left you a message at pz myers'...
heehee

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #35
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Liberated1 wrote View Post
The message is gone now.
It's been replaced with "no secret messages here".

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #36
Liberated1

A secret message that says "no secret messages here"? WTF
Old 12-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #37
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

He should just change the blog title to "The Mewling Atheist".

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #38
Liberated1

Well it's Christ Psychosis day observed and still no "It's a joke" blog. People are telling him to give up the URL now and I have to agree. He doesn't deserve the URL if he's a bleeding heart theist.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #39
Tenspace
I Live Here

Hmm... ravingtheist.com is still available.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #40
Swk6

It's disappointing to say the least. When I started reading the blog a couple of years ago, I hadnt fully finished my "transition". Not that I was a devout theist, but I was still trying to figure things out in my mind. It was after reading his blog, that I finally got myself over the hump. It's sad to see what was a good mind being lost.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #41
Liberated1

Quote:
Swk6 wrote View Post
It's disappointing to say the least. When I started reading the blog a couple of years ago, I hadnt fully finished my "transition". Not that I was a devout theist, but I was still trying to figure things out in my mind. It was after reading his blog, that I finally got myself over the hump. It's sad to see what was a good mind being lost.
Well at least he did some good before switching from rum to "kool-aid".
Old 12-25-2008, 05:16 PM   #42
Choobus
I Live Here

Yeah, bit it's quite disappointing to see someone who was once very sharp turn into a dulllard. It's as if James Randi started selling homeopathy remedies online....

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:23 PM   #43
NoniNeil

I started to say, "It is amazing how people can love those who do not exist" Then it occured to me that "How one person can love another who never existed is not as crazy as it sounds as many fictional chacters are loved."

Of course, most of them realize those chacters are not real and only exist in fiction whereas JC lovers have no clue he is total fiction.

Neil C. Reinhardt
Old 12-26-2008, 01:00 AM   #44
NoniNeil

I USED to really respect James Randi a lot more than I do now. This was until I discovered he is not only a "Skeptic" he is also a closed minded fool. Of course he is not alone as ALL people who refuse to learn and/or deny facts are fools.

------

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance.

That principle is condemnation without investigation." * ** **

Herbert Spencer

------

Worse than Randi not taking the time to even consider examining at the massive amount of evidence proving there IS a natural heling remedy which has been very effectively used for over 5,000 years, he would not even allow me to send some of it to him.

I KNOW it is a Natural Healing Miracle as I have not only been learning about it I've also been drinking, and when I needed to, using it topically now for OVER ELEVEN "F" ing years. I KNOW of all eh MANY good things it has done of me and for millions of others.

I KNOW the company who sells the most popular brand of it has become the single most successful, fastest growing network marketing company in the history of the world. Far surpassing Microsoft, Red Bull, Pepsi, and Coco Cola is sales,

-----

"To condemn without investigation is
nothing but sheer foolishness."

Ben Franklin

-----------------

So, Randi IS A FOOL!

(And SO are all those who do not know the Iraq War is both FULLY JUSTIFIED and a VERY NECESSARY part of our War On Terror as they are either to lazy to get the facts or are so stupid, they are unable to comprehend what the facts mean!)

Neil C. Reinhardt
Old 12-26-2008, 03:49 AM   #45
just questions

Quote:
NoniNeil wrote View Post
I USED to really respect James Randi a lot more than I do now. This was until I discovered he is not only a "Skeptic" he is also a closed minded fool. Of course he is not alone as ALL people who refuse to learn and/or deny facts are fools.

Worse than Randi not taking the time to even consider examining at the massive amount of evidence proving there IS a natural heling remedy which has been very effectively used for over 5,000 years, he would not even allow me to send some of it to him.

I KNOW it is a Natural Healing Miracle as I have not only been learning about it I've also been drinking, and when I needed to, using it topically now for OVER ELEVEN "F" ing years. I KNOW of all eh MANY good things it has done of me and for millions of others.

I KNOW the company who sells the most popular brand of it has become the single most successful, fastest growing network marketing company in the history of the world. Far surpassing Microsoft, Red Bull, Pepsi, and Coco Cola is sales,

So, Randi IS A FOOL!

(And SO are all those who do not know the Iraq War is both FULLY JUSTIFIED and a VERY NECESSARY part of our War On Terror as they are either to lazy to get the facts or are so stupid, they are unable to comprehend what the facts mean!)

Neil C. Reinhardt
WTF! Sevens?
just questions is offline   Reply With Quote