Old 09-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #1
ProveIt
Obsessed Member

I have the jist of LDS beliefs on before conception... But where is it that other theists believe that 'we' are? Are we in some sort of holding area? Selecting our parents? Or does 'God' just say... poof... that cum's good enough let her be pregnant... now... no, now... ? Are the theists contesting that there is an afterlife and not prior to life? Isn't that a bit like saying that there is only good and no bad?

I couldn't actually give a rats crap about the issue honestly... just tired of reading about morals...

To pray is to verbalize that which some may have difficulty saying aloud in everyday life, in an effort to gain support or smarts from an outside source. I have no need for prayer. I am able to rationalize within my mind, and have no problem speaking it.
ProveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:55 AM   #2
ProveIt
Obsessed Member

Are there no theists that can comment here? Where do you assume you are prior to coming to Earth. At what point did God put you here? First trimester? Second? Not until the actual birth? Are you in the ova?

To pray is to verbalize that which some may have difficulty saying aloud in everyday life, in an effort to gain support or smarts from an outside source. I have no need for prayer. I am able to rationalize within my mind, and have no problem speaking it.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:32 AM   #3
Modem Butterfly

Quote:
ProveIt wrote
Are there no theists that can comment here? Where do you assume you are prior to coming to Earth. At what point did God put you here? First trimester? Second? Not until the actual birth? Are you in the ova?
Given the way some of them carry on about zygotes, you'd think that they believe they exist half in the sperm and half in the ovum.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
Baphomet

I think most theist believe that once the sperm hits the egg, then god creates a soul for it...

Kind of interesting to think that, considering women have natural abortions all the time, and tons of times a perfectly fertilized egg will be ejected from the body... you'd think god would know...
Old 06-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
ProveIt
Obsessed Member

Resurrection of a thread... I still haven't seen any answers.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:36 AM   #6
simmy

Quote:
ProveIt wrote View Post
Resurrection of a thread... I still haven't seen any answers.
Don't hold your breath. Trying to explain why we don't exist for around 14 billion years, then live for less than a century as some sort of ridiculous means test for eternal existence as a wafting celestial fart forces their brains into such pretzel like contortions that the question becomes too untenable to contemplate.

Value bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.
simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:33 AM   #7
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ProveIt wrote View Post
I have the jist of LDS beliefs on before conception... But where is it that other theists believe that 'we' are? Are we in some sort of holding area? Selecting our parents? Or does 'God' just say... poof... that cum's good enough let her be pregnant... now... no, now... ? Are the theists contesting that there is an afterlife and not prior to life? Isn't that a bit like saying that there is only good and no bad?

I couldn't actually give a rats crap about the issue honestly... just tired of reading about morals...
When the genetic information of a person exists, that person exists. When that person exists, their soul and spirit exist. Draw from that what you like. And I'm also tired of reading about morals. The Bible speaks of an afterlife, but I see no necessity for a "pre-life".
Xans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #8
Xans
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Baphomet wrote View Post
I think most theist believe that once the sperm hits the egg, then god creates a soul for it...

Kind of interesting to think that, considering women have natural abortions all the time, and tons of times a perfectly fertilized egg will be ejected from the body... you'd think god would know...
God's creation has become a dangerous place, babies die all the time.
Xans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #9
Choobus
I Live Here

and if they don't die then a few years later there is a good chance that they will get fucked by one or more of god's representatives. God is a serious cunt.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #10
ProveIt
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Xans wrote View Post
And I'm also tired of reading about morals.
Hehe. The post you quoted was from 2005... I fear moral discussions won't be going anywhere for a while.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:26 PM   #11
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Xans wrote View Post
When the genetic information of a person exists, that person exists. When that person exists, their soul and spirit exist. Draw from that what you like. And I'm also tired of reading about morals. The Bible speaks of an afterlife, but I see no necessity for a "pre-life".
You wrote: "When that person exists, their soul and spirit exists"

Don't forget the 'sou & spirit" are simply the INVISIBLE FORCE we reefer to as AIR, which the ancients believe to be a SUPERNATURAL force of spirits. I remind you, we are in the 21st Century NOT the 1st. Today the science of neurology clearly PROVES we created god and other delusions with our brains.

Take some LSD, Peyotl, Peganum, Anadenanthera, Ayahuasca, Psylocibe, Harmine, Opium flowers, or clavicepts purpurea which infects RYE ( what the people of Salem ate when their bread was contaminated by this fungus which resists BAKING) and you'll be writing a BIBLE and seeing demons. Don't forget retard, we are in the 21st Century we KNOW about all of these superstitions, WHERE & HOW they originated from. So, fix your brain if you believe in resurrecting saviors to be reality, specially those who claim their blood saves! Santa will never bring you gifts...

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote