View Poll Results: What Percentage of Atheists Are Going to Hell?
Less than 10% 5 71.43%
10% to 30% 0 0%
31% to 50% 0 0%
51% to 75% 0 0%
76% to 90% 0 0%
91% to 98% 0 0%
99% to 100% 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
Foreversaved

The uncreated Creator, intelligent Designer, transcendent Causal Agent

Since nothing in nature is without a cause, then the universe has a cause. Since human beings still sin, due to the exponential progression of conscience, there cannot be an eternity of the past of cause and effects. We are left with but one option: there must be an uncreated Creator. And since skeptical scholars are virtually unanimous that the disciples believed they saw Jesus resurrected, then unless an alternative explanation is forthcoming, accept the evidence that Jesus is God, proven by the resurrection.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
Foreversaved

Why do people reject God if He is so easily proven?

4 Step Proof for God of the Bible -

http://biblocality.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2256

Last edited by Professor Chaos; 11-13-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
Professor Chaos

Listen you spamming heap of wank. We don't take to kindly to spammers 'round these parts. 'Specially Christarded wankers who spew the Argument From Awesomeness (Christard version).* So stop spamming whatever piece of shit insane-o-blog is behind that link, and stick around and be destroyed by our awesome powers of logic and reason, or feel the wrath of my banning finger.

The choice is yours, beyotch.

*1.) The universe is awesome.
2.) I know fuck all about it.
3.) Therefore God exists (in the form of a Cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father and can make you live forever if you telepathically accept him as your master and eat his 2,000 year old flesh so you can rid yourself of the evil inside of you because a talking snake coerced a rib-woman into eating an apple.
)

Old 11-13-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
unibot

But on a more serious not, the contents of that can are edible. I couldn't even begin digesting your statement should I want.

And last time I checked, consciousness was more of a sinusoidal function, or perhaps a square wave (dependent upon caffeine intake).

Last edited by unibot; 11-13-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Quote:
Foreversaved wrote View Post
Since nothing in nature is without a cause, then the universe has a cause[citation needed]. Since human beings still sin[citation needed], due to the exponential progression of conscience[citation needed], there cannot be an eternity of the past of cause and effects[citation needed]. We are left with but one option: there must be an uncreated Creator. And since skeptical scholars are virtually unanimous that the disciples believed they saw Jesus resurrected[citation needed], then unless an alternative explanation is forthcoming, accept the evidence [citation needed] that Jesus is God, proven by the resurrection[citation needed].
Resurrection never happened, Jesus may not even have existed, Christianity is nothing special compared to any other religion.

Therefore, all religion is bullshit. QED

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
Kate

Hey, Prof, how come that link still goes to the biblidiot site?

I was hoping for something funny. Funnier. OK. Pictures. Like this:

Old 11-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
Professor Chaos

Old 11-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #10
Kate

Old 11-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #11
Isilmë

Quote:
Since nothing in nature is without a cause, then the universe has a cause.
That only makes sense within the context of time, which obviously did not exist before its creation. It is nonsensical to think of causes.

I am ignoring the rest because it made absolutely no logical sense.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #12
BOF

Fear not, I've sent Guido our master at arms around to what's-his-name's house with Maurice our hunting ferret. .

He's getting the lot,the full four part punishment (only fair due to the four part babble)

(1) Guido will fart in his general direction.

(2) Mortal insult :"your mother was a hampster and your father smells of elderberries"

(3) Guido will then release Maurice,who will run up what's-his-name's trouser leg, chew off both of his testicles and eat them.

(4 ) Guido will then approach with a large pineapple and a mallet,with the instructions "drop 'em and grab your ankles"

I can pretty much guarantee we won't hear from the miscreant for some time (assuming he lives)
Old 11-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #13
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Foreversaved wrote:

" then unless an alternative explanation is forthcoming, accept the evidence that Jesus is God, proven by the resurrection."

Did you bump your head or is your delusions inducing Christ-psychosi making you post this? Remember we are in the 21st Century, not the 12th, where the science of neurology has proven the BRAIN is the creator of such deluded beliefs in god. After all it is the BRAIN which creates the MIND. We evolved mutated primates are all born lacking belief, IOW, atheist. No, as you probably believe since your brain is plagued by Christ-psychosis, atheism does not mean the worship of the goddess ATHE.

Tell me, does our brain pick up belief in God directly from Him or does it create it via chemical reactions & electromagnetism?

Can you produce the EVIDENCE Jesus is god?..... because I have physical EVIDENCE with my JET that he is only a delusion unable to help anyone from anything IOW he doesn't exist.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:59 AM   #14
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Since nothing in nature is without a cause, then the universe has a cause. Since human beings still sin, due to the exponential progression of conscience, there cannot be an eternity of the past of cause and effects. We are left with but one option: there must be an uncreated Creator. And since skeptical scholars are virtually unanimous that the disciples believed they saw Jesus resurrected, then unless an alternative explanation is forthcoming, accept the evidence that Jesus is God, proven by the resurrection.
I am fairly sure that you are a drive-by loon so my response is not to you, but to others who may sympathize with your unsupported assertions.

Since many things in nature have been shown to be without cause, the universe may not have had a cause. It is illogical to assume a cause for the universe and even more illogical to attribute any characteristics to such a possible cause, such as consciousness, intelligence, intentionality or goals.

Lacking any supernatural power to obey, humans cannot sin. Human conscience, developed along with the species for survival reasons, determines what acts of harm committed by humans are justified by a greater good and which are not.

We have evidence that makes an uncreated creator unnecessary and irrelevant. Just as a couple can "create", that is, they can start a baby with raw materials they happen to have available and of which they are completely ignorant, so would a creator of the universe, if it had existed, have no knowledge or understanding of the materials with which it made the protouniverse.

Scholars, skeptical and otherwise admit that the evidence for the existence of disciples of Jesus is much poorer than the evidence for Jesus, himself, that is, essentially none.

Because there is no actual evidence, much less proof, that Jesus existed, the resurrection remains a completely unfounded assertion in a highly fictionalized myth. The only available descriptions of the discovery of the "empty tomb" are discrepant on virtually every single point. The witnesses, whose own existence is not in evidence, cannot be trusted, having been translated, edited, copied and, dare I say it, adjusted to the agenda of people with deeply vested interests in starting a lucrative religion.

If the resurrection proves that Jesus is God (which it would not in any case) and the resurrection is far from certain itself, Jesus' divinity has no standing.

The resurrection is only described by unknown and unreliable witnesses (whose own existence is in severe question). The most that can be said of Jesus is that he might, very long ago, have been a mortal itinerant radical backwater preacher of mostly tripe along with a very few good, but unoriginal ideas, like the Golden Rule, known for thousands of years before him.

The primary indictment of Christianity is the behavior of believing Christians who act in accordance with the dogmas supposedly given by God in the Christian Bible.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:50 AM   #15
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

Ah, dumbshit fundy spammers. Even more tragic than this...

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote