Old 06-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #16
whoneedscience

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
Obviously, there are a lot feminine-acting men who are gay, but what about all the guys who are outwardly masculine, like sports and other macho things but who are also gay?
I'm confused. You're suggesting that there are gay men who enjoy watching sweaty, half-naked, athletic men struggling with each other on TV?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #17
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

And what about guys who enjoy sucking cock and getting their asses pounded, but are straight?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #18
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
And what about guys who enjoy sucking cock and getting their asses pounded, but are straight?
LOL! Have you ever seen this old article from the Onion? A classic.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:48 PM   #19
Professor Chaos

Quote:
ubs wrote
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
LOL! Have you ever seen this old article from the Onion? A classic.
:lol:

I was just telling my sister about that article last night, which is probably why I made that post in the first place.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #20
Livingstrong

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
Quote:
nkb wrote
Really, I thought all gay men dress fashionably, squeal like little girls when they're excited, and say "fabulous" a lot.
I oughta scratch your eyes out, but I think I'll just slap you silly instead. :nanner:
I don't slap silly Irr, I punch hard! :D
Old 06-08-2007, 03:27 PM   #21
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Well, I think the gay demon has initiated a moment of gayness in those straight men, relying on the natural bisexual make up of humanity making them take a brake from monotonous cave of creation visits. Those caves usually have very large openings lacking tight seams that could made the god penis-christ feel welcome.......:lol: An LCT needs no particular gender to satisfy one's libidinal curse. :)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #22
Livingstrong

Quote:
Gnosital wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Well, the fact is we humans are bisexual by nature. Our sexual preference is tied to genes. ...........:lol::lol:
I had HOPED we could keep this thread more or less focused on actual science, but alas.

Cal, listen to me CAREFULLY, please.

The fact is that GENES do not control behavior, per se. GENES are merely recipes for PROTEINS.

PROTEINS are used by a cell to build and repair STRUCTURAL elements of the cell (microfilaments and tubules, cell channels, exchangers, and receptors for example) and CHEMICALS such as enzymes

CELL STRUCTURES and CHEMICALS keep the cell alive and provide mechanisms by which it can respond to changes in the extracellular environment that is affected by OTHER CELLS

CELLS form SYNAPTIC ASSEMBLIES that are both structural and functional in nature

SYNAPTIC ASSEMBLIES allow for formation of both local and long distance CELLULAR CIRCUITS

CELLULAR CIRCUITS allow for the interaction of large sections of BRAIN STRUCTURES

BRAIN STRUCTURES interact, effecting release of neurohormonal chemicals that enter the general circulation or are released directly onto TARGET ORGANS and MUSCLES

TARGET ORGANS and MUSCLES express BEHAVIORS

Even in this very abbreviated, off-the-top-of-my head illustration, you should be able to see that there are several ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE and ORGANIZATIONAL and ACTIVATIONAL FACTORS between GENES and BEHAVIOR.
There are several hormones that regulate the human body. Estrogens, progesterone and testosterone are the three primarily sexual hormones -there are many other more- that make the female and male bodies look different. The genes XX together with the estrogens and progesterone give the female body the growth of the breast, hips are wider, have uterus, ovaries, etc., etc, well you know the differences, the anatomical structures in men -penis, prostate, testicles, epididimus, etc, etc, are due to the XY genes and testosterone. Female bodies do have a little bit of testosterone but not enough to carry out all the strength that the male body has, which at the same time has estrogens but not enough to grow breasts, for example.

Having said all this I want to add that those anatomical, genetically and hormonal differences give the female and male bodies the opportunity to continue to reproduce the human race. That is all.

Interacting with each other is a very different thing. I will try to explain in a simple, easy and kind of personal way so we understand each other. You all know I'm a lesbian, but I look 100% like a woman, I act like one, and I certainly want men to be polite around me and respect me as a woman, because I am a woman, who just happens to prefer the companionship of another woman, along with sexual attraction of course. But my hormones are still very much estrogens and progesterone. When they are low I feel like crap, (-I'm 45 and sufferinf menopause :mad:-), so I don't think that I am a lesbian because my female hormones were low since I was born or because I have more testosterone than estrogens. Believe me, that is not the case. I've had patients, female heterosexual patients who haven't been able to get pregnant because they have high levels of testosterone and they have hirsutism and other masculine characteristics, but they still 100% heterosexual.

So, what makes us gay, lesbian, bisexual, straight?

It's simple......I don't know.

But it's very interesting to talk about it and I appreciate that Gnosital brought this up. Like always, I bow to you, my friend. :bow:

.....and let's keep talking about it. :thumbsup:
Old 06-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #23
Egotistical Atheist

Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
Quote:
Gnosital wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Well, the fact is we humans are bisexual by nature. Our sexual preference is tied to genes. ...........:lol::lol:
I had HOPED we could keep this thread more or less focused on actual science, but alas.

Cal, listen to me CAREFULLY, please.

The fact is that GENES do not control behavior, per se. GENES are merely recipes for PROTEINS.

PROTEINS are used by a cell to build and repair STRUCTURAL elements of the cell (microfilaments and tubules, cell channels, exchangers, and receptors for example) and CHEMICALS such as enzymes

CELL STRUCTURES and CHEMICALS keep the cell alive and provide mechanisms by which it can respond to changes in the extracellular environment that is affected by OTHER CELLS

CELLS form SYNAPTIC ASSEMBLIES that are both structural and functional in nature

SYNAPTIC ASSEMBLIES allow for formation of both local and long distance CELLULAR CIRCUITS

CELLULAR CIRCUITS allow for the interaction of large sections of BRAIN STRUCTURES

BRAIN STRUCTURES interact, effecting release of neurohormonal chemicals that enter the general circulation or are released directly onto TARGET ORGANS and MUSCLES

TARGET ORGANS and MUSCLES express BEHAVIORS

Even in this very abbreviated, off-the-top-of-my head illustration, you should be able to see that there are several ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE and ORGANIZATIONAL and ACTIVATIONAL FACTORS between GENES and BEHAVIOR.
There are several hormones that regulate the human body. Estrogens, progesterone and testosterone are the three primarily sexual hormones -there are many other more- that make the female and male bodies look different. The genes XX together with the estrogens and progesterone give the female body the growth of the breast, hips are wider, have uterus, ovaries, etc., etc, well you know the differences, the anatomical structures in men -penis, prostate, testicles, epididimus, etc, etc, are due to the XY genes and testosterone. Female bodies do have a little bit of testosterone but not enough to carry out all the strength that the male body has, which at the same time has estrogens but not enough to grow breasts, for example.

Having said all this I want to add that those anatomical, genetically and hormonal differences give the female and male bodies the opportunity to continue to reproduce the human race. That is all.

Interacting with each other is a very different thing. I will try to explain in a simple, easy and kind of personal way so we understand each other. You all know I'm a lesbian, but I look 100% like a woman, I act like one, and I certainly want men to be polite around me and respect me as a woman, because I am a woman, who just happens to prefer the companionship of another woman, along with sexual attraction of course. But my hormones are still very much estrogens and progesterone. When they are low I feel like crap, (-I'm 45 and sufferinf menopause :mad:-), so I don't think that I am a lesbian because my female hormones were low since I was born or because I have more testosterone than estrogens. Believe me, that is not the case. I've had patients, female heterosexual patients who haven't been able to get pregnant because they have high levels of testosterone and they have hirsutism and other masculine characteristics, but they still 100% heterosexual.

So, what makes us gay, lesbian, bisexual, straight?

It's simple......I don't know.

But it's very interesting to talk about it and I appreciate that Gnosital brought this up. Like always, I bow to you, my friend. :bow:

.....and let's keep talking about it. :thumbsup:
Excellent discussion. I think I found a great forum.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:02 PM   #24
antix
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egotistical Atheist wrote
You have indeed. A more awsome group you are unlikely to find. Welcome abord :cheers:
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:22 PM   #25
antix
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Johnny: You know, Bob, I think my roommate might be gay.
Bob: What makes you think that?
Johnny: The other day I was sucking his cock, and it tasted like shit.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #26
Egotistical Atheist

Quote:
antix wrote
Quote:
Egotistical Atheist wrote
You have indeed. A more awsome group you are unlikely to find. Welcome abord :cheers:
Thank you Sir!
Old 06-09-2007, 05:10 AM   #27
Rat Bastard

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Well, I think the gay demon has initiated a moment of gayness in those straight men, relying on the natural bisexual make up of humanity making them take a brake from monotonous cave of creation visits. Those caves usually have very large openings lacking tight seams that could made the god penis-christ feel welcome.......:lol: An LCT needs no particular gender to satisfy one's libidinal curse. :)
Cal, if I ever get to a point where I consider visiting the "cave of creation" monotonous, I'll go fellate a .38 Colt. Feel free to do as you please, though.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:30 AM   #28
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Cal, if I ever get to a point where I consider visiting the "cave of creation" monotonous, I'll go fellate a .38 Colt. Feel free to do as you please, though.
Is it safe to assume you're not married?

Old 06-09-2007, 05:36 AM   #29
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Is it safe to assume you're not married?
Oh, I'm married, that's why it's not any more monotonous than my right hand. Just remember how seldom it is.... :/
Old 06-09-2007, 05:38 AM   #30
Professor Chaos

:lol: